Production folders..... show them off! Midtechs, Reate, Liong Mah, RHK, CRK, Spyderco, Etc.....

Funny you should mention that, as it's what first attracted me to that knife, aside from the fact that the Military is one of my favorite models of all time. When this--my second Millie--arrived from DLT, I was a bit taken aback by some of the milling on the slabs. As the flutes become narrower and finer from the butt forward, around 2/3 of the way along one can begin to see the longitudinal mill marks from what I assume is the primary CNCing of the slab shape with about a half-dozen narrow flats noticeable both above and below the midline and a much wider flat section along the center. These bothered me to the extent that I asked Jason to check the rest of his stock on hand to see if mine was mis-milled, which he very kindly did, explaining that they were all like that. I also inquired of Spyderco C&S and got a follow up telling me that's the way they're made now. I wrote to Eric Glesser but never heard back.

Anyway, that feature is something I've gotten used to and it doesn't bother me anymore. I kinda like studying it and checking out the wicked tiny flutes as they grow finer and finer toward the front, transitioning to a radial pattern emanating from the pivot. Pretty cool, actually.

BTW, I just sold my first Millie--digicam/DLC--which was the last remaining part of a 3 knife collection of matching Military, ParaMilitary 2, and PM3. The PM2 was sold on the Exchange and my knife-carrying son was smart enough to admire the PM3 on his birthday, so that's his now. Still got the 2 KW exclusives--Dark Green G10 CTS204P and Ti framelock/CF S90V. Love Millies--I've bought 2 for my son and will probably acquire more going forward.

fpTAnpq.jpg

:thumbsup: nice millie collection. I have all four millies in the picture plus a rex 45 burnt orange military..Sold my plain ti millie and my spare ti/cf s90v military.

I've been flashing this one around BF on several threads recently and will add these latest pics here too. My first Bear and a true love. It's "only" S30V, but Shirogorov does a great job with all their steels and I have their knives in that (2), M390 (3), one in Vanax 37, and even one in good ole 440C. Great blades, edges, and cutters all!

KnhHLjS.jpg

4zhcQB2.jpg

What better blade to carry on Veterans Day than a Spyderco Military? I didn't serve but for those who did I'm grateful for your contribution and sacrifice to protect our freedom and way of life.

cuarhZb.jpg

Edit: I thought I was posting in another thread, but the knife and the appreciation are just fine here too.

Last edited:
I've been flashing this one around BF on several threads recently and will add these latest pics here too. My first Bear and a true love. It's "only" S30V, but Shirogorov does a great job with all their steels and I have their knives in that (2), M390 (3), one in Vanax 37, and even one in good ole 440C. Great blades, edges, and cutters all!

KnhHLjS.jpg

4zhcQB2.jpg

Beautiful knife sir

Back