Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

Inspecting some of my cowboy guns today - they will rust just by looking at them...

You should be familiar with that Colt Walker (Italian repro) if you have seen Josey Wales. The Springfield is a repro made by a Japanese firm, Miroku - they used to make Browning parts, if I'm not mistaken.

pzTnntQ.jpg

Mack I sure miss your back yard it’s been a few months sense we been over there and it will be some time until we can get over there.

I'd love to find someone that would make a 9" version of that to replace my Foster Brothers butcher knife.

Son of a!!!!:eek:
Yeah I said something like that, a bit of an over site on my part. Good thing is it will get hot enough to forge weld! One question I do have though, should I block the back of the chamber to make it more efficient or just leave it open? I've heard varying opinions about this and not sure what I should do.

I don't know what's best Scott. I'm sure you've already thought about it but if I blocked the back, I'd leave a way to remove it for long work.

Test fired the new forge today, got just a little too hot. Melted the fittings I had holding the burners,o_O need to weld some steel pipe tot he top plate.
ozgisAG.jpg
HOLY DRAGONS BREATH, SCOOTER MAN!
She be blowing for sure, Scott!

Agreed with John, whether with fire bricks or whatever, it's nice if you need more heat to close the back. Mine have hinges on the front and back helping to get up to welding temps, or up for forging longer items. Mine is like this one..
NC111-1_600x.jpg

Not much of a secret that I like slipjoints... And whiskey... And cowboy stuff... And cigars...

Thought it was a good composition.

V4ATdvr.jpg

Back