Raffle to help Ram in College (Sgt. Karka's Son)

Sorry Danny...my Harley is *not* part of this raffle!

DannyinJapan said:
done diddle diddle.
i want something BIG and SHINY.

:D
Tibetan_overall.jpg

Drdan said:
Once again, Steve, stop teasing us! :D

The leather on that scabbard is the finest I've ever seen on a scabbard from HI. Brown as a walnut, and soft as a baby's bottom. :D :eek: :D :eek: :D

Steve

In addition to thanking you for setting this up, I also thank you for posting the pics and convincing my wife that my basket o'khuks is quite puny and I am not as much of a nut [1] as she thought...

note [1]: YET!! :D

A bump and a grind......er, a tease that is. :p

Our total so far is $760.42!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

kkoverall.jpg

kkhandles.jpg

Steve

Beautiful carved handles! :cool: I wouldn't be surprised if a grand or more is sent to Ram. That will go a long way there, and he will appreciate the gesture very much.

The Russians and their ex-satellites always had excellent educational systems, so I would imagine that Ram is getting an excellent education. I've met some Russian M.D.'s who passed the U.S. Medical Boards and got licenses to practice; they were sharp...

You know Im taking that sword if I win...right?
Might as well wrap it up, cause I feel my lucky rabbit foot a' jumping in my pocket..

SethMurdoc said:
is there any info on the saber available? (thickness, weight, handle material)

The sabre is the all-steel tulwar pictured. Thickness at the spine is .340", weight is about 3lbs. 8 oz. The hilt is hollow, and the tang goes completely through. If I was going to use it a lot, I would fill the handle with epoxy to make it more solid. I can do that before shipping if the winner desires.

Steve

I'll be going out of town this afternoon and will be back Sunday afternoon. Will respond to emails and questions then. See ya! :)

Steve

There's so much + karma going on here I can't add it up. If Ram makes it and gets back to Nepal to tend to the sick and poor there will be even more than I'm trying to get added here. What a fine effort by all. This is a real "feel good" thread.

Bump, in case nobody saw this one...

Also, Steve, got the name right this time :footinmou , so my money order's on the way.

Back