Raffle to help Ram in College (Sgt. Karka's Son)

Dal bhat made with brown rice and some veggies would be very nutritious and better than what most Westerners (read 95%) eat everyday. :D

Ben Arown-Awile said:
Yes, but unless you are a child from Brazil with a severe facial deformity, or a baby in Africa with AIDS, you will never see one.

Don't agree, Ben; are your conclusions based on having had been to either Brazil and Africa, and having had witnessed first hand the health care systems there?...

I've probably been to about two dozen different third world countries in my travels, including Brazil and African nations, and I usually seek out health care professionals and facilities while I'm visiting. I find in most 3rd world countries there are very compassionate and dedicated health care professionals who practice because they love to help people, and do so even if their monetary rewards are much less than they would be if they were parcticing in a 1st world country. I know some who accept patients even if they don't have the means to pay, and I'm sure they even exist in Guatemala.

Of course there are exceptions to my observations, but your conclusions might be a bit premature... ;)

A little late I know but if I am in time can I get two spots? If so I will PayPal as soon as I hear. :D
Thanks!

ferguson said:
Today's the last day. Thank you all for the wonderful outpouring of generosity. Entries accepted through midnight tonight. Drawing will be held Saturday.

Thanks!

Steve

Archangel,
This is Steve's note from earlier this morning (3:32 AM). Looks like you're still good.

Last teaser. Beautiful kerambit with chandan wood handle. I really love this one. Just got it this week. It could be yours! :eek:
Steve
kerambitoverall.jpg

kerambit1.jpg

kerambit2.jpg

Steve, a few minutes ago I sent PayPal for 2 chances in the drawing. If I'm too late, that's cool - just add the money to the fund anyway. Damn fine thing you're doing here.

Drdan said:
.. I find in most 3rd world countries there are very compassionate and dedicated health care professionals who practice because they love to help people...
I wasn't referring to health care workers in third world countries.
I was talking about American doctors who go to those countries to help for free as compared to the American doctors most of us come in contact with who are pulling in over a million a year and are in practice for that very reason.

Gentlemen,
Thanks to all for participating. I'll wait until Saturday to make sure that all of the entries coming by mail have arrived to have the drawing. As soon as the transfer from Paypal to my checking account is complete, I'll get the money order on the way to Ram! The four prizes will ship as soon as the winners make their choices.

Grand total $1157.02

Steve

Wow!! :D

We ought to get Ram one of those desk name tags when he graduates with crossed Khukris on it to reflect how much these magic blades contributed to his education...it'd be cool, especially if he becomes a surgeon!

Very nice job, Steve!

If this helps Ram get through school and he in turns helps the poor in Nepal, everyone who contributed can feel good about themselves.

I pray the boy makes it.

Semp

Back