Really...

Which blade is better in YOUR opinion?

• Black

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • Polished (Aka silver)

Votes: 111 83.5%

• Total voters
The Griptilian is nice. I have four at the moment. One is military issue and has a black blade with a combo edge. Another is a H2o model 551. The other two are just basic models, a 550 and another 551 with orange scales. It gets used the most. All of them came from forum members.

Your Utilitac is no slouch, though.
That is what I probably would purchase to replace one of my Griptilians.

Do either of your knives need a lanyard or fob? I have some paracord I can send you.
No, thank you for the generous offer though! The Utilitac fits my hand great.

I’m not sure why I can’t use Flickr at the moment, when I go to their website it looks weird and there is no “log in” button, just a “sign up” button. (So I cant upload photos... :()

Any pictures sabre cat sabre cat ?

No, thank you for the generous offer though! The Utilitac fits my hand great.

I’m not sure why I can’t use Flickr at the moment, when I go to their website it looks weird and there is no “log in” button, just a “sign up” button. (So I cant upload photos... :()

Any pictures sabre cat sabre cat ?
I have never set things up for pictures. Sorry. I really need to do that.

If I got a Griptilian, I would probably get the OD green one: https://www.benchmade.com/551bkod-s30v.html

It’s super slick looking. Right now, I’m saving all my money for a phone, because I turn 16 in about half a year.

You may be wondering why I haven’t made more money from my job, and the reason for that is because 50% all that I earn (after tithe) goes straight to my savings account.

I have made a little over $800+, but I only have around $300 in my possession.

They say it will help me later in life (and I know it’s true), I just don’t want to admit it. :D

If I got a Griptilian, I would probably get the OD green one: https://www.benchmade.com/551bkod-s30v.html

It’s super slick looking. Right now, I’m saving all my money for a phone, because I turn 16 in about half a year.

You may be wondering why I haven’t made more money from my job, and the reason for that is because 50% all that I earn (after tithe) goes straight to my savings account.

They say it will help me later in life (and I know it’s true), I just don’t want to admit it. :D

Sounds like you are receiving wise council. :thumbsup:

Your parents are correct. I wish my parents had done what yours are doing with you.

I used to work with a guy the did the same thing that you are.
Paying tithe and 50% in the bank.

After a short amount of time he was let go because he did not want to relocate out of state when the company moved.

I know that he had 50K at one point in time. Last time we spoke about this stuff he said it was more than that.

I’ve been told he has enough money in savings to pay off his parents house.

As for the Griptilian, Benchmade will change scales if you pay them and send the knife in. Good to know in case you come across a great deal.

My first Griptilian cost me $19.93 plus tax. Our local brick and mortar store had a sale on used/rental gear. I sold it for $40 when I won a giveaway here on the forum.

I like the green scales too.

Your parents are correct. I wish my parents had done what yours are doing with you.

I used to work with a guy the did the same thing that you are.
Paying tithe and 50% in the bank.

After a short amount of time he was let go because he did not want to relocate out of state when the company moved.

I know that he had 50K at one point in time. Last time we spoke about this stuff he said it was more than that.

I’ve been told he has enough money in savings to pay off his parents house.

As for the Griptilian, Benchmade will change scales if you pay them and send the knife in. Good to know in case you come across a great deal.

My first Griptilian cost me $19.93 plus tax. Our local brick and mortar store had a sale on used/rental gear. I sold it for $40 when I won a giveaway here on the forum.

I like the green scales too.

Yep. My dad always said that it's not how much you make, it's how much you saved.

How in the name of Thor’s beard did you get one for only $20?!? All the ones I have been looking at have been over $120+, Even here on the forum...

Bit off topic, but try to explore big knives in the future too. Really fun and useful for camp work. Realized I don’t nearly have enough choppers in my stash.

How in the name of Thor’s beard did you get one for only $20?!? All the ones I have been looking at have been over $120+, Even here on the forum...
Like I said, it was part of a local sporting goods rental/used gear sale.

They had two Benchmades that had been customer returns. The one I bought had the very tip of the blade broken off. I dressed it with a file and called it good.

You would have liked the other one. Mini Grip, green scales, black blade.

The Utilitac that you own is a fine knife. Reasonable replacement cost and well designed. Decent steel, too.

Like I said before, a better knife than I owned at your age.

So the first trouble with the Utilitac so far...

It’s starting to get real rough to open, and not near as smooth as it used to be.

Do I need to completely take it apart in order to re-oil it? What should I do?

Is this a part of my knife!??
FABC9E78-3675-4ADB-B70D-A761803D5649.jpeg
I was taking off the main screw and when I dropped the screw, and went looking for it, I found this. No clue what it is... Is it an internal of the life that I broke?

(It is plastic)

Never had stocks but I do have a little gold and silver.

It is amazing how quickly you can go through 40 or 50K if you have easy access.

Ok, thank goodness. That piece of plastic was from the tool kit I was using to take part my knife - had me worried, lol...

So should I just leave the knife intact and oil it with a syringe?

Back