Reate Knives 2015 Horizon High-end Series

Are you seriously saying that everyone in the world who sells to US consumers needs to pack up their operations and move them to the US, or else they're just treating the US as a "cash cow"?

I cant say I agree with that either. Id say that would a be a pretty rude move to ask someone to do that. I think it would make more sense to ask USA makers who choose to outsource to asia to bring their whole operation stateside. Otherwise its pretty hypocritical.

JR88FAN said:

"I can understand the 'gotta buy' consumerism and jumping on something cheap with good spec's cause it's all the room you have on your credit card, but this ain't cheap anymore...The price of buying foreign made is so much higher then it is to buy American. I don't want everyone to forget that please."

Thanks for the laugh!:D

I didn't know I only had room on my CC for a Horizon-C... I guess the Horizon-D is just too ballin' for me:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Are you seriously saying that everyone in the world who sells to US consumers needs to pack up their operations and move them to the US, or else they're just treating the US as a "cash cow"?

Yes.

This is how it used to be before. It was called Tariffs, and Tarrifs where used to protect US companies and workers, from what they face now.
(Most companies have no choice but to manufacture off-Shore to compete)

As a coincidence, around the same time that changed, the middle class started to fall apart.

Welcome to 'Globalization' it's a simple idea: More money for those that have more money, and less for those that have less.

Strange no?

Last edited:
Oh, and if you think your helping China, India (Fill in a country with cheap abused labor force here) you're not.

The only people you are helping in those countries are people who are already rich.

Oh, and if you think your helping China, India (Fill in a country with cheap abused labor force here) you're not.

The only people you are helping in those countries are people who are already rich.

How many employees does Reate have? How much are they paid?

Thanks for the laugh!:D

I didn't know I only had room on my CC for a Horizon-C... I guess the Horizon-D is just too ballin' for me:rolleyes:

The only thing 'too ballin' for you is the abilty to understand the consequences of your decisions.

How many employees does Reate have? How much are they paid?

I can't even tell you who designs Reate knives or where exactly they are made or by who.

That's not the point.
The point is that for everything made somewhere other then America, it costs an American a good job.

Unless you think Walmart is a 'good job'.......

I think we are in preaching politics territory now. Im bowing out.

Why do you not care about the politics of this?

I am staying on the fringes of the political aspect, I have left as much out as I could.

My question is, why does this aspect not matter to you?

This is a General aspect of a knife (where it's made) and should be discussed here at this level....

The only thing 'too ballin' for you is the abilty to understand the consequences of your decisions.

Ahhh! I see what you did there!

I'll just stop collecting knives and sit in a corner for the rest of my life for owning a Chinese knife...

:D

Ahhh! I see what you did there!

I'll just stop collecting knives and sit in a corner for the rest of my life for owning a Chinese knife...

:D

I am glad you feel bad about it now, but that's not my point.

I just want people to take a look around and start making some better decisions based on what they see....

I want to see Reate do something crazy and invest in the country that's going to buy their products by opening up shop here.

Why not?

I just want people to take a look around and start making some better decisions based on what they see....

I want to see Reate do something crazy and invest in the country that's going to buy their products by opening up shop here.

Why not?

My favorite custom maker lives in South Africa...

Should I ask him to move out here too?

actually that's not a bad idea! Maybe we could be neighbors!!!

Why do you not care about the politics of this?

I am staying on the fringes of the political aspect, I have left as much out as I could.

My question is, why does this aspect not matter to you?

This is a General aspect of a knife (where it's made) and should be discussed here at this level....

Well politics breaches the rules for one thing. And its the last subject I want to debate with anyone because just like is happening here it results in insults because two people have different beliefs and what is and isnt reality. I dont agree with your views. And I have argued the topic enough to realize neither of us are going to change each others minds so why raise our blood pressures? Id rather the thread stay on topic and well within the rules as to avoid it getting locked up and thrown out. And that last sentence is the key. It seems to me a certain group of people hate these topics so much that they would rather intentionally derail them and get them thrown away because they cant shut it down any other way.

And when did you become this way anyways? As early as this past november you were looking for a boker plus. Not exactly the American standard is it? And it doesnt seem good enough that you say your piece, you seem bent on either changing minds or crapping on those who wont convert. And my feelings are if this is a cause you really feel passionate about you are doing less than the absolute bare minimum if this is how you think you are going to make a difference.

Why not?

Maybe the person has just as much pride in their own lineage and wishes to remain true to that instead of what you find ideal. News flash, people dont always think like you do and they have no obligation to. And Reate sells globally. Their are other countries with knife enthusiasts besides the USA. Russia was actually the first country to get reate knives. Just because they post here doesnt mean they ONLY post here. You seem to have a very narrow perspective. Another reason I dont care to debate the finer details.

Last edited:
So, just to recap: We've gone from people stating with absolute certainty that Reate is taking an inordinately high margin on these knives (despite not knowing anything about their capital costs, manufacturing costs, materials costs, number of employees, what they pay their employees, etc.), to people stating that under no circumstances should you ever be part of any transaction that benefits anyone outside of the borders of the United States. We've officially hit the bottom of the barrel.

Well politics breaches the rules for one thing. And its the last subject I want to debate with anyone because just like is happening here it results in insults because two people have different beliefs and what is and isnt reality. I dont agree with your views. And I have argued the topic enough to realize neither of us are going to change each others minds so why raise our blood pressures? Id rather the thread stay on topic and well within the rules as to avoid it getting locked up and thrown out. And that last sentence is the key. It seems to me a certain group of people hate these topics so much that they would rather intentionally derail them and get them thrown away because they cant shut it down any other way.

And when did you become this way anyways? As early as this past november you were looking for a boker plus. Not exactly the American standard is it? And it doesnt seem good enough that you say your piece, you seem bent on either changing minds or crapping on those who wont convert. And my feelings are if this is a cause you really feel passionate about you are doing less than the absolute bare minimum if this is how you think you are going to make a difference.

Maybe the person has just as much pride in their own lineage and wishes to remain true to that instead of what you find ideal. News flash, people dont always think like you do and they have no obligation to. And Reate sells globally. Their are other countries with knife enthusiasts besides the USA. Russia was actually the first country to get reate knives. Just because they post here doesnt mean the ONLY post here. You seem to have a very narrow perspective. Another reason I dont care to debate the finer details.

That's a very well written story with no substance. You simply fail to address my concern (it should also be your concern)

What you must understand is that the fact is, the less American you buy, the less good jobs, or just jobs there are in America.

As for the Boker+ Urban Trapper, I was looking for info, not the knife.
It's a cool knife, and if it was American made, I might just own one....

So, just to recap: We've gone from people stating with absolute certainty that Reate is taking an inordinately high margin on these knives (despite not knowing anything about their capital costs, manufacturing costs, materials costs, number of employees, what they pay their employees, etc.), to people stating that under no circumstances should you ever be part of any transaction that benefits anyone outside of the borders of the United States. We've officially hit the bottom of the barrel.

Your being overly dramatic to help dismiss the facts.

It's a great tactic, but the point I have made is a very simple one.

It doesn't have to matter to you, but don't mistake 'not an issue for you' to what it means for the country you live in and for the other people that live in it.

It's an issue that needs to be more 'on the table' or else we are really going to see the 'bottom of the barrel' as you put it.

Your being overly dramatic to help dismiss the facts.

It's a great tactic, but the point I have made is a very simple one.

It doesn't have to matter to you, but don't mistake 'not an issue for you' to what it means for the country you live in and for the other people that live in it.

It's an issue that needs to be more 'on the table' or else we are really going to see the 'bottom of the barrel' as you put it.

I'm dismissing your overall point because it's false. Read this: http://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesl...buying-from-china-is-in-fact-buying-american/

DA44401C-8004-4332-8A20-50E3D3F1C9BE_zpsve12c4ro.gif

Back