Reate Knives-Users' opinion and collections

But I heard multi-row ball bearing pivot is cooler!!!! :p

Seriously tho, the Horizon C flips like a dream in my opinion. Ok, I've never owned a Norseman or a Shirogorov, but c'mon, how much smoother could they really be??

Seriously tho, the Horizon C flips like a dream in my opinion. Ok, I've never owned a Norseman or a Shirogorov, but c'mon, how much smoother could they really be??

It all comes down to the detent type/shape and Lockbar pressure bro. I adjusted the lockbar on my horizon C and it falls closed effortlessly now. It still flips just as strong too. Bearings make little to no difference compared to washers on a well-made knife.

Thanks , man ! So , Get it, you can feel it!

Okay, I was just curious if it was possible to get them. I have no problems with the single row in my Hills. I've never handled a knife with multi row, so getting a set of multi row bearings would have been a lot cheaper than buying an entirely new knife. I mean there must be something to the multi row system if they are standard on the C.
You have an entire page dedicated to customizing your products, so was I really that out of line asking if I could get multi row bearings?

Okay, I was just curious if it was possible to get them. I have no problems with the single row in my Hills. I've never handled a knife with multi row, so getting a set of multi row bearings would have been a lot cheaper than buying an entirely new knife. I mean there must be something to the multi row system if they are standard on the C.
You have an entire page dedicated to customizing your products, so was I really that out of line asking if I could get multi row bearings?

Of course , you can get it ! Email please ! David@reateknives.com

My collection of Reate Knives from top to bottom:

• District 9-A
  • District 9-B
  • Horizon-C (Fort Henry)
  • Horizon-A (#124 M390)
  • Hills

4231d741-e9ec-40d5-8af0-bbd2f5f37b96_zpsq9nzzbtt.jpg

9ba5d553-fc57-4332-b596-19599940b60c_zpsuxynxbfc.jpg

BladeHQ just got a batch of Horizon-C and Hills in stock.

And some of them happen to be new colorways I have not seen before.

I'd be seriously eyeballing that black tumbled Hills (to match my Horizon C) if I didn't already have both eyes on the upcoming Valkyrie :)

reate-knives-hills-smokewash-satin-jm-large.jpg

Starting to lose some of that value with prices like this.

I agree. I know this is a Liong Mah design but I think it should've been priced $200-$250.

Consider the ZT 0808 also in full titanium FrameLock, manual flipper and 3.25" S35VN blade for just $200!

Yeah, not sure why that one is $350, but I'm guessing it's more Liong's and less David's call on that one...

But yes, now that word is out on Reate's high quality and awesome f&f, I'm sure we'll see prices go up a bit. But that's fair enough.

Yeah, not sure why that one is $350, but I'm guessing it's more Liong's and less David's call on that one...

Yes, the price was set by Liong. It's sold under his name and Reate is just the manufacturer.

But yes, now that word is out on Reate's high quality and awesome f&f, I'm sure we'll see prices go up a bit. But that's fair enough.

Well, the competition is tough too.

Horizon-B with S35VN and intricate titanium milling was $200. Horizon-C with S35VN went up to $250!

My Limited Edition Horizon-A with M390 was a relative bargain at $250.

I'm prepared for a sticker shock on the Horizon-D CF M390!

The price is going to be higher on the D models... But there are some really unique features that everyone is going to love. Soon....

If you release some knives priced at $250 and they all sell out really fast, you've priced them a bit too low.

I just got my hands on a Stedemon Bastion and in my opinion, the price point should be about $100 less than what they're charging, but that's how these things sort out in a free market I guess eh?

I think the initial low prices on the early models like Horizon A & B, District 9, etc may have been to help ease people's hesitation on spending 3 figures on a relatively unknown company's products.
Like I said, now that word is out, gotta expect the introductory price to go up a bit. God damn Taco Bell is always pulling that same $*!+

Got my first Reate knife yesterday, a Horizon C and I' m honestly pretty blown away by it.
Fit & finish are amazing, flips effortlessly straight out of the box, super smooth and looks great:eek:
Here' s a couple of quick pics. They' re really not very good because I don' t have much time right now to set up some lights.
Really, I' m in love with this thing right now!

I do have a question though: It came with a little bag of spare parts like screws ect that also has what looks like washers made out of beadblasted steel or titanium. What are those for?

Back