Reate Knives-Users' opinion and collections

Did anyone else get in on the Valkyrie? I'm very excited for these to start shipping soon, aggressive recurves are my thing!

11313244_945378205518882_1789387453_n.jpg

I'm currently trying to.
Got an email from Vincent this morning. Replied back, now just keeping my fingers crossed.

Gonna be bummed if I miss this one. Double bummed if Auston gets one and I don't! :p I kid, I kid.

I'm currently trying to.
Got an email from Vincent this morning. Replied back, now just keeping my fingers crossed.

Gonna be bummed if I miss this one. Double bummed if Auston gets one and I don't! :p I kid, I kid.

I'm going to be bummed if we both get one! Mwahaha, I kid.... but yah my bronze one is payed for. :p

Just sent payment, I had also picked bronze, stonewash second, blue 3rd.

Reallllly looking forward to this one. I think it's gonna do a lot to help soothe the sting of the Horizon D

I just paid for my anodized blue model, not usually a fan of anodizing but I figured I would give it a shot on this one.

Did anyone else get in on the Valkyrie? I'm very excited for these to start shipping soon, aggressive recurves are my thing!

Fort Henry had some cancellation on their Reate Valkyrie orders so I was able to get a fully stonewashed one. Very nice lines.

Apparently, they're due to ship from Reate in China to Fort Henry in Tennessee today/tomorrow and possibly ship to customers before start of Blade Show.

11349280_366079823592694_1278265317_n.jpg

11313244_945378205518882_1789387453_n.jpg

CFampTi_zpspuvwgedj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here are our new products __ 2015 Horizon High-end Series — (Horizon Ti & CF)

There will be another Liong Mah designed production flipper made by Reate soon: Ace! 120 to be made, 3.5" blade and about $350.

LionMahAce_zpsh5zp4u1s.jpg

There will be another Liong Mah designed production flipper made by Reate soon: Ace! 120 to be made, 3.5" blade and about $350.

LionMahAce_zpsh5zp4u1s.jpg

Not sure how I feel about this iteration of the Ace. I want to love it, but that super pronounced second finger choil is taking away from the design for me. Also, the blade to handle ratio looks to be on the poorer side, especially with the pivot set so far inwards.

I think it looks good but Reate, SERIOUSLY, make a 3" model already!! You've got, what, 8 models now with 3.5" blades or longer, and a 3.37"? You guys make so many cool looking designs and I'm not interested in actually purchasing any of them, and I'm not the only one. 3-3.25" is my sweet spot, and I think there's a large chunk of the market that's right there with me.

What's the deal with all these $350 meh designs? I think that compared with the Kizer/Cucchiara series, these are overpriced.

What's the deal with all these $350 meh designs? I think that compared with the Kizer/Cucchiara series, these are overpriced.

Ask Liong Mah, he's the one that designed and had these built, and thus is likely responsible for some amount of the pricing.

What was the price of the valkyrie? I thought I rememeber seeing $269? Also is the hardware steel? or Titainium like the horizon c?

Thanks in advance, guys!

Back