Reate Knives-Users' opinion and collections

Yes, Reate's all knives is ceramic detent and ceramic bearings ! Thanks !

Just ordered a Hills. I'm excited to try a higher end Chinese knife! Video review on youtube said it has ceramic bearings, and possibly a ceramic detent. Are both ceramic, or just the bearings?

One of the handle screws on my Horizon-A fell out but fortunately I found it. Another was loose so I went through and tightened all screws on all my Reate knives as needed. The alternative is to use loctite but that has its own issues.
You can use a tiny amount of blue Loctite,just enough to keep the screws from moving. The problem Is people glob a ton of it in there and that's where you run into problems stripping the screws.

i just received a Horizon-B, and the quality of the knife feels and looks much better than i realized from just the pictures alone. the flipper action is very smooth. im prettty pleased, i cant wait to get eventually get a district 9 also.

I ordered the hills a few hours ago but wont be opening it until christmas. This is going to be a long month.

I have a Horizon B and I love it. Best flipping action of any knife I've ever owned. Quality is in line with something 3-4x the price I paid for it. Maybe start doing G10/CF inlays in the handles, or offering a G10/CF scale over a titanium liner? It would be cool to see a collaboration or two as well.

The hills arrived today, but its a christmas present. Which means I've got another 2 weeks of torture ahead of me.

[video=youtube;lO_FOQz5RRQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO_FOQz5RRQ&list=UUBaGYfkAQyauXHqjpFrrIaQ[/video]

If I really had to suggest anything though- instead of cranking out new models, maybe focus on the ones already there, like Strider and CRK. Cause honestly, I feel like my Horizon B is on that level. Fit and finish is up there with them. Action is out of this world perfect. Stonewash is just as nice as a S30V era CRK (much deeper than the new ones). And it takes down and goes back together just as good as those do. Haven't had any issues with the framelock, actually it a one of the most well done I've ever seen. If this knife had "Made in the USA" on it it would be a $500 knife that would be a lot harder to get and compared to Strider, CRK, or Hinderer, not ZT or Spyderco. Period.
One idea would be to add inlays or different mill work as options for the handles. Maybe versions with handground or Damascus blades, maybe different finishes on the handground ones. Just some ideas. But I really feel these knives deserved to be held in the same category as the latter, not just another production knife.
Oh, and go to silver screws on the Horizon B lol it would look a lot better with them.

I would love a District 9A without the jimping in the backspacer or behind the thumb ramp.

These knives are truly hard to beat. I have now been looking real hard at what I have, and am selling some of my knives that I think I have too much money into,and or would I rather carry one of those or the d9/horizon.These knives really changed my perspective on where im going as far as collecting/carrying.Although sometimes bargains come up that I cannot resist,otherwise im so glad I got these knives.I am definitely done with spending big money on knives, these knives prove that great quality can come cheap.Hey,to the average person,200.00 is not cheap for a knife by any means,but to us its reasonable compared to the midtechs and higher end knives out there.

Thanks for you support !

If I really had to suggest anything though- instead of cranking out new models, maybe focus on the ones already there, like Strider and CRK. Cause honestly, I feel like my Horizon B is on that level. Fit and finish is up there with them. Action is out of this world perfect. Stonewash is just as nice as a S30V era CRK (much deeper than the new ones). And it takes down and goes back together just as good as those do. Haven't had any issues with the framelock, actually it a one of the most well done I've ever seen. If this knife had "Made in the USA" on it it would be a $500 knife that would be a lot harder to get and compared to Strider, CRK, or Hinderer, not ZT or Spyderco. Period.
One idea would be to add inlays or different mill work as options for the handles. Maybe versions with handground or Damascus blades, maybe different finishes on the handground ones. Just some ideas. But I really feel these knives deserved to be held in the same category as the latter, not just another production knife.
Oh, and go to silver screws on the Horizon B lol it would look a lot better with them.

Okay, this is the third thread I'm posting this on so please excuse the redundancy. Today I got to take a sneek peak at my christmas pressent, the hills, and I must say this knife is freaking sweet. I gave it a tour of the house doing a mobile photo shoot if you will. I really like how blade length and o.a.l. length are about identical to the large 21, which seems to be my preferred size for normal carry.
Now for picture:
LNeOMV8.jpg

WAOvjCn.jpg

GpAwm3N.jpg

GpAwm3N.jpg

Well, won't be long now until I'll be forced to put it back in its box where it will remain until christmas. It sure was fun. At least my fingers will get a chance to heal from the non stop flipping I've been doing for the past hour.
I definetly look forward to seeing what yall put out in the future.

Last edited:
I collect Sebenzas, Shirogorovs, ZT (although not as impressed with them as I once was), Strider, you name it. As a fan of VERY well-made production knives, I have amassed quite the collection of Reate/Adai stuff over the past year.

I'll just put it this way - if I were going into the production knife business, Reate is one of the first manufacturers I would talk to about manufacturing...they're that damn good.

The only thing missing is lifetime sharpening and warranty...but for the price you're paying, you can literally afford to buy an extra one to use for parts. :eek:

I collect Sebenzas, Shirogorovs, ZT (although not as impressed with them as I once was), Strider, you name it. As a fan of VERY well-made production knives, I have amassed quite the collection of Reate/Adai stuff over the past year.

I'll just put it this way - if I were going into the production knife business, Reate is one of the first manufacturers I would talk to about manufacturing...they're that damn good.

The only thing missing is lifetime sharpening and warranty...but for the price you're paying, you can literally afford to buy an extra one to use for parts. :eek:

Reate and Adai are not affiliated

WSmith have you tried a small dab of blue Loctite . I have had the Horizon A for over a month and I am extremely impressed with the build quality and flips better than my ZT 0801 or my Brous T4. As you mentioned before that your pivot screw has loosened up again, this has occurred with many makes I've had over the years and a small amount of blue Loctite seems to remedy the situation, good luck.

Back