Reate Knives-Users' opinion and collections

Great Paring knife on the Fly :)

865cff1f191de16d587e144836a8c0dd.jpg

Only complaint so far is I wish it had more Jimping on the Top of the blade and some on the handle.

Only complaint so far is I wish it had more Jimping on the Top of the blade and some on the handle.

Agreed.

They've gotten better but even in the lasted Hills model there's room for improvement in the jimping on the blade spine & handle area. A little more and finer spacing like on Hills. District 9 probably has the best jimping. Somewhat subjective though.

Left to right we have Hills, District 9-A and Horizon-A:

8d277f8b-6706-4bc0-aefd-80bbdcc02cf5_zps2c8e6f20.jpg

I have the District 9 I picked up on IG for $140. It is the Tanto model . It is a beefy well made knife that is good quality. The pocket clip could have been nicer but the did make a change on that. I think they hit a home run for the overbuilt Ti knife. The grind is very much on the slicer side which is nice. I have held my share of tank knives and all I can say if you put Famous maker XX on the blade you would have paid $650 for it

Got a horizon on wed,been carrying it, such a great knife for the money. wish the pocket clip was a little deeper,otherwise love the handles.blade shape,everything.So much knife for the money,you cant go wrong with it. im actually selling my zt560 because I don't feel the need for it now that I have this and the district 9...

I think that the "hills" model would look great with a full carbon fiber display scale with the same milling

RPv26ol.jpg

GH2tMkf.jpg

Love my District 9 flipper Tanto! Keep up the good work!
One suggestion: the washers around the pivot make the knife wider, it would be better with flush pivot hardware.

I also love the custom touches like different anodized parts and colors! My district 9 has a bronzed backspace rand clip.

Is that a reate brand or district 9 brand. from the pictures the logo looks like its a district 9 brand.

Did it come with a knife pouch like the reate branded ones do, or did it just came with a box?

I just have a quick question; recently bought my horizon b from blade HQ and while everything is almost perfect, there is a rattle coming from the pivot between blade closed and blade lock up. Is this typical with bearing knives? Or has something gone wrong with mine?

I just have a quick question; recently bought my horizon b from blade HQ and while everything is almost perfect, there is a rattle coming from the pivot between blade closed and blade lock up. Is this typical with bearing knives? Or has something gone wrong with mine?

I believe it is the steel washers that they put into the bearing pockets so that the ceramic doesn't ride directly on the softer Ti. Mine does the same thing. Perhaps some grease will make them stay?

I believe it is the steel washers that they put into the bearing pockets so that the ceramic doesn't ride directly on the softer Ti. Mine does the same thing. Perhaps some grease will make them stay?

Just hearing that it isn't just mine makes me feel better. I will certainly try that. Thorough flipping leads me to believe that it shouldn't be detrimental to the knife, at least I hope so.

The sound comes from the positioning pillar, because the positioning pillar is short. It won't affect the function.

Mine has that one too.
After three days, the blade now loose.

Please make a 3" flipper...you guys would have a serious hold in that market if you did, plus they would sell out like mad!

One of the handle screws on my Horizon-A fell out but fortunately I found it. Another was loose so I went through and tightened all screws on all my Reate knives as needed. The alternative is to use loctite but that has its own issues.

Just ordered a Hills. I'm excited to try a higher end Chinese knife! Video review on youtube said it has ceramic bearings, and possibly a ceramic detent. Are both ceramic, or just the bearings?

Back