Red M390 PM2 dropping 7/17

Make a new rule: you can buy only if you don't flip within 12 months. This will reduce server traffic.

Would probably have been better to not announce it and just release it when you have it in stock
from Spyderco. M390 PM2's are not going to sit around long and a soft start would have prevented this.
The word would have gone through the forums and it still would have sold out quickly. Now there are
guys missing work and wasting their time so that the server issue can be solved. Surely this sort of
traffic should have been anticipated and the server issue looked after long before launch.

Funny thing is they recommended just what shouldn't be done, told me to keep hammering the server :(

get up early, stay home late, for this?

Would probably have been better to not announce it and just release it when you have it in stock
from Spyderco. M390 PM2's are not going to sit around long and a soft start would have prevented this.
The word would have gone through the forums and it still would have sold out quickly. Now there are
guys missing work and wasting their time so that the server issue can be solved. Surely this sort of
traffic should have been anticipated and the server issue looked after long before launch.

BINGO

I think it's the M390 that creates the crazy demand. Some of these need to be an open ended preorder situation where Spyderco just makes as many as are preordered. That may limit the flipper's desire to buy as many as they do because anyone who really wants one can order one. The downside would be the wait time but that isn't as bad as this IMO. Also charging more than $159 might help.

I think it's the M390 that creates the crazy demand. Some of these need to be an open ended preorder situation where Spyderco just makes as many as are preordered. That may limit the flipper's desire to buy as many as they do because anyone who really wants one can order one. The downside would be the wait time but that isn't as bad as this IMO. Also charging more than $159 might help.
I carry the PM2 and want the m390. I’ll still want the knife in 6 months or a year and will never sell it. Start the list. I’d like to be on it. (I agree)

Time for some Fake News, like:

- I heard, BBS has reduced the price on the blue M390 coming on Fri, and will do free shipping !
- or: Last M390 Spyderco was tested at 58.5 HRC
- or: Server maintenance will take at least 45'
- etc. :)

Roland.

Back