Regular production PM2 in cruwear and brown micarta!!

I'm surprised to see the long cutout of the compression lock liner as CPM-ROCCO CPM-ROCCO showed in the picture. I'm curious to know what it is for. It certainly compromises the sturdiness of the knife as that portion of the scale becomes more flex (though I am not suggesting it will easily break). The only reason that I can think of is to make sure the lock has the same strength/stiffness as other versions of PM2, i.e., to keep the same amount of steel on the lock liner. If so, however, is it possible instead to make cutout in the middle where the liner is split?

Alternatively, how about just not making the cutout at all? I wonder how stiffer the lock will become without the cutout. That must be something that Spyderco has tested. I mean liner lock and frame lock do not have this kind of cutout and they are work fine.

^ IMHO, the bean counters at spyderco made this call. its a bummer in my eyes, but probably won't even get noticed by the masses.

^ IMHO, the bean counters at spyderco made this call. its a bummer in my eyes, but probably won't even get noticed by the masses.
Correct, but I can’t imagine the folks on this forum will be accepting of both the silent design change to the area around the liner lock and poor quality and installation of the micarta scales. Funny, I received a new GB2 this week that is perfection and $30 less than this CruCarta effort.

Mistakes happen and it is OK. But I expect Spyderco comes up with with a CQI version of this Micarta Cruwear PM2.

I haven’t seen a photo showing the poor fit around the screws.

Spyderco knows a thing or two about using Micsrta, so my guess is that the area at the lock wasn’t a mistake.

Last edited:
micarta is the best i've found in a production folding knife, i could not disagree with you all more. it's better feeling and looking than any others i've handled. i love it. and it contrasts with the silver hardware in a way that makes it almost glitter, stands out more beautifully than any of the g10 models. wasn't thrilled about the cutout over the lock, but actually holding and using it, there is no appreciable difference. this is easily the best pm2 out there for the money imo

I was excited for this knife but now not so much after seeing the cutout in the micarta. I’m gonna pass on it now. Really don’t understand why they would put such a large cutout or use full liners. PM2s have been modified using micarta scales with the nested liners just fine for years.

Mine arrived last night. I was unable to swap the pocket clip due to the scales being misaligned with the liners. The scales with full liners do not appeal to me at all especially at the lock bar cut out. I’m not yet sure if I’m going to return it to the vendor for a refund or to Spyderco for a repair.
SpJFvEv.jpg

Last edited:
I am sorry some folks have had a bad experience with the PM2 Cruwear Micarta. I just received mine today and it is an amazing knife! I have a PM2 S30V as well and they are both great knives. For those of you on the fence or concerned about the thin micarta near the lock bar, don't be worried. I love the steel liners and the feel of the micarta. The quality control on mine is perfect and everything lines up like it should. This is a beautiful knife!

Recieved mine a couple weeks ago. Ive had almost every PM2 thats been released since the beginning and got to say this is the one. The micarta feels amazing. Very happy with the color. Blade centering is a bit off and will have to adjust the action a bit but not a big deal to me. Obviously no issues with Cru. This is one I will be keeping and hopefully be able to pass it down to kids or nephews.

Back