1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

REX 45 Burnt Orange Paramilitary 2 Sprint Run

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by bin31z, Jul 31, 2018.

1. BellaBlades

BellaBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013
    Dang. I'd love to see those if you can PM me photos or by email sometime. I've since sold the custom folder he made me. But I still have his number.

His folders have slowed down on his site. I hope he is doing well. I might annoy him one more time and call in a custom.

Blues likes this.
  2. Dodgie02

Dodgie02

Jul 8, 2017
    I'm amazed. Guess I'll take the velvet gloves off (which I should be have done earlier), and put it through two weeks of all purpose edc tasks and see! I was waiting for some more feedback in real life use before going at it myself. What I can already say is that this steel is surprisingly easy to work with on the workbench. If it holds up it'll probably become by pm2 of choice over the cruwear and m390 sprints. It's got a lot to prove but I'm feeling confident now. I hate handling my knives with excessive caution so this really helped me out. All my sprints have seen good hard use, but with Rex 45 being out there just for a little while compared to cruwear or m390 (both being my steels of choice, s35vn in smaller folders) I was sceptical. Thanks for the feedback!

BellaBlades likes this.
  3. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    Check your PMs.

4. darth_cholo

darth_cholo

Mar 29, 2010
    I'd like to see a cut test using vibranium, adamantium and unobtanium. One of those would make a good Spyderco sprint.

BellaBlades likes this.
  5. Rebel Nimrod

Rebel Nimrod

Jan 23, 2014
    So are the PM2-45s done? Are dealers still getting them? How do I know when to give up hope?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  6. BellaBlades

Jul 12, 2013
    They keep showing up in the exchange section you just need to keep your eyes open.

7. michaelm466

michaelm466 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 5, 2009
    I missed this one as well, have seen any come out in about a week- we'll have to try getting two Militaries so I can trade one for a PM2 hopefully.

Rebel Nimrod likes this.
  8. ndmiller

ndmiller Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 30, 2015
    If you get an extra military PM me.....

9. steelcitysixteen

steelcitysixteen Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2017
    I have a Rex45 PM2 and two of the Rex45 Para 3s. All NIB. There is an upcoming exclusive Para 3 at St. Nick's knives that I want to get a few of, but I believe they are limiting it to one per household. If you or anyone here want a Rex45 PM2 or Para 3, but aren't interested in the St Nick's exclusive, I will trade you a Rex45 if you are able to buy the St Nick's knife before they sell out. PM me if you want to lock up a trade.

10. on_the_edge

on_the_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2006
    I didn't even know you could get Spyderco knives at St. Nick's Knives. Learned something new.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  11. steelcitysixteen

Dec 12, 2017
    Absolutely! I started a trade thread on this so lets move the conversation over there for you and anyone who is interested in the Para 3 Rex45s. You have dibs on the PM2, but i still will do this same trade if anyone needs a Rex45 Para 3 as well. Thanks!

12. Chariotz4

Chariotz4 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Maybe not the right thread for this particular question, but where did the news about the upcoming DLT PM2 and St. Nick's Para 3 first pop up? This thread is the first I'm hearing of either...

13. steelcitysixteen

Dec 12, 2017
    The Spyderco forum on Spydercos website. St Nicks dropped their exclusive pic on their facebook amd instagram and someone posted it on the spyderco forum.

Chariotz4 likes this.
  14. BellaBlades

Jul 12, 2013
    I dont have those social media platforms. Post a link to the spyderco forum please. Unless it's the delica.

15. steelcitysixteen

Dec 12, 2017
    Chariotz4 likes this.
  16. BellaBlades

Jul 12, 2013
  17. Sharp Guy

Sharp Guy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Chariotz4 likes this.
  18. BellaBlades

Jul 12, 2013
    downloadfile~2.jpg

bigolegator and Chariotz4 like this.
  19. scribe9154

scribe9154

Dec 27, 2015
    I'm looking for a Rex45 pm2 if anyone knows where to find one. Can't believe I missed this

20. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Does not seem any deal still has it but more are showing up in the knife exchange here with reasonable prices ($180 or a bit more)