REX 45 Burnt Orange Paramilitary 2 Sprint Run

Bob Dozier knows his way around a blade. (I'm fortunate enough to own a couple of his prototypes and to call the man friend, though it's been some years since I last saw him.)

Dang. I'd love to see those if you can PM me photos or by email sometime. I've since sold the custom folder he made me. But I still have his number.

His folders have slowed down on his site. I hope he is doing well. I might annoy him one more time and call in a custom.

I've cut whatever needs to be cut. It's not unubtanium. But it's great. It seems to keep a shaving edge on the .5 micron paste with daily use.

The damage from the impact with the steel is so minimal it does not effect performance. It is the tiniest maybe .10 mm flat spot. That is disappearing with stropping .

It's dang good stuff.

It is acting like the 61 hrc D2 that was on my custom Dozier for toughness but way better edge retention.

This stuff is supposedly 63+. So that explains the edge holding.
I'm amazed. Guess I'll take the velvet gloves off (which I should be have done earlier), and put it through two weeks of all purpose edc tasks and see! I was waiting for some more feedback in real life use before going at it myself. What I can already say is that this steel is surprisingly easy to work with on the workbench. If it holds up it'll probably become by pm2 of choice over the cruwear and m390 sprints. It's got a lot to prove but I'm feeling confident now. I hate handling my knives with excessive caution so this really helped me out. All my sprints have seen good hard use, but with Rex 45 being out there just for a little while compared to cruwear or m390 (both being my steels of choice, s35vn in smaller folders) I was sceptical. Thanks for the feedback!

Dang. I'd love to see those if you can PM me photos or by email sometime. I've since sold the custom folder he made me. But I still have his number.

His folders have slowed down on his site. I hope he is doing well. I might annoy him one more time and call in a custom.

Check your PMs.

I've cut whatever needs to be cut. It's not unubtanium. But it's great. It seems to keep a shaving edge on the .5 micron paste with daily use.

The damage from the impact with the steel is so minimal it does not effect performance. It is the tiniest maybe .10 mm flat spot. That is disappearing with stropping .

It's dang good stuff.

It is acting like the 61 hrc D2 that was on my custom Dozier for toughness but way better edge retention.

This stuff is supposedly 63+. So that explains the edge holding.

I'd like to see a cut test using vibranium, adamantium and unobtanium. One of those would make a good Spyderco sprint.

So are the PM2-45s done? Are dealers still getting them? How do I know when to give up hope?

Last edited:
I missed this one as well, have seen any come out in about a week- we'll have to try getting two Militaries so I can trade one for a PM2 hopefully.

I missed this one as well, have seen any come out in about a week- we'll have to try getting two Militaries so I can trade one for a PM2 hopefully.

I have a Rex45 PM2 and two of the Rex45 Para 3s. All NIB. There is an upcoming exclusive Para 3 at St. Nick's knives that I want to get a few of, but I believe they are limiting it to one per household. If you or anyone here want a Rex45 PM2 or Para 3, but aren't interested in the St Nick's exclusive, I will trade you a Rex45 if you are able to buy the St Nick's knife before they sell out. PM me if you want to lock up a trade.

I didn't even know you could get Spyderco knives at St. Nick's Knives. Learned something new.

Last edited:
steelcitysixteen steelcitysixteen , I can try for 1 if I get dibs on the PM2 as we discussed. :thumbsup:

Absolutely! I started a trade thread on this so lets move the conversation over there for you and anyone who is interested in the Para 3 Rex45s. You have dibs on the PM2, but i still will do this same trade if anyone needs a Rex45 Para 3 as well. Thanks!

Maybe not the right thread for this particular question, but where did the news about the upcoming DLT PM2 and St. Nick's Para 3 first pop up? This thread is the first I'm hearing of either...

The Spyderco forum on Spydercos website. St Nicks dropped their exclusive pic on their facebook amd instagram and someone posted it on the spyderco forum.

The Spyderco forum on Spydercos website. St Nicks dropped their exclusive pic on their facebook amd instagram and someone posted it on the spyderco forum.

I dont have those social media platforms. Post a link to the spyderco forum please. Unless it's the delica.

I'm looking for a Rex45 pm2 if anyone knows where to find one. Can't believe I missed this

Does not seem any deal still has it but more are showing up in the knife exchange here with reasonable prices ($180 or a bit more)

Back