Rick Hinderer Knives Picture Thread

Extending some good ju-ju to good ole Ohio and the Cleveland Browns this weekend. Orange Scale, Bronze TI hardware (screws, spacers lbs). 15-1 here we come!

Brad.......not used to seeing your XM without a nice cold beer....:eek:...and don't you live in Utah........???? Why the Browns?

Finally carried this XM today.....3" Slicer.....and then decided to have a little fun with it while my daughter was munching her after school snack.......

Ross, beautiful XM, love that FDE DLC and smooth CF combo. Gorgeous!

I do live in UT now, but I was born and raised outside of Cleveland, OH. I left for UT after graduating from college some 10 years ago. I even went to school at a small college on the west side of Cleveland. I was only about 1.5 to 2hrs away from the ranch, even closer than that when I was in college. To bad I didn't know about RHK back then. I will be back in Ohio next month to visit some of the family who couldn't attend the wedding out here in UT. Maybe a field trip is in order if I have time.:thumbup: So long story short I'm an Ohioan by default and (even though its a pain in the ass being a Cleveland fan) I've stuck with them all these years.

With the wedding coming up next weekend, I'm laying off the beer for now. I'll have my fair share in a couple days when the families start getting together :D Got the Slicer dressed up with the smooth CF, blue hardware and SF Crusader Cross nut. That will be in the pocket come Wednesday when the festivities start and on my person Saturday when i tie the knot. The old man will be carrying the Wharnie for the weekend since they fly in and he wont be able to carry a knife. Even though he's a bitter old Browns fan as well, I'll probably dress it up with the Frag CF accompanied by the bronze hardware.

Brad......Wow.......the wedding has crept up quickly !!!! Congratulations & best wishes.......

Now your love of the Browns makes sense.......and you've got the slicer all ready for the festivities........this is a BIG week for you.......!!!! Enjoy it !!!

danetuje.jpg

love the DLC Ross! - even if it is a "little one" :D - no seriously i need to hold a 3" one day! - also are those dices aluminium or steel? they are cool! (i can hear my gf saying: no, you will not make some out of titanium :D)

nice new lanyard on the wharnie T!

Andreas.....thank you......I have always preferred the 3" XMs for daily carry........they are a perfect size for what I want........
As for the dice......I am not positive.....but I believe they are aluminium......saw them on the forum one day and thought they were kinda cool.....and they were cheap so I picked them up.....
There are a few guys that already make titanium dice.....Atwood is well known for them......

hy2e3uba.jpg

Thanks evo!
Had to switch it up a bit. Love that nice 4 string square knot job. Nice and big to slide up the string and catch.

I have to handle a 3" one day myself. I think I'd really like one, but I wanted to get a couple 3.5" first.

My next may be a 3" slicer.

I haven't had the pleasure of handling any hinderer other than what I have. Never been to a knife show , have no friends that buy anything other than $20 knives, or know of anywhere I can browse a decent selection.

I just roll the dice and hope I like them when I decide to try something new.

Really would love to handle a custom, eklipse, hell fire etc.

Soooooooo....the scale I was waiting for arrived this afternoon and I was able to finish an incredible XM the way it deserves to be finished......

Last edited:
Great pics Rob. Excellent job on the production skinner. I really like the crusader cross on the lock side also!!!

This fellow is about to turn 6......I tracked down the history and it was made for the 2008 California Custom Knife Show (Plaza Show)......making it the oldest XM in my Herd......and quite possibly the most interesting.....

That's a gorgeous Xm Ross! Heres what I put together last night.

Last edited:
This fellow is about to turn 6......I tracked down the history and it was made for the 2008 California Custom Knife Show (Plaza Show)......making it the oldest XM in my Herd......and quite possibly the most interesting.....

I absolutely love that two-tone Hellfire! Great pic too, showing off the contrasting finishes.

Back