Rick Menefee Knives...

Thanks John, wasn't sure about the steel since the drop point that I have from Rick is 154CM but it's highly polished. Yours look like they're just a satin, ground finish. Thought maybe a different steel was used, could be the lighting also. I love that jigged micarta!

Archery season is only a month away now...I'm getting the itch, bad!

These are mirrors on the flats but yours look to be a higher grade finish on the grinds, goes well with the wood. Good luck stocking up on some venison this season.

Jigged black / orange. Same level of finish as previous pair.

menefeefixedblackorangepair1.jpg

This set of quads is headed south. Note how thin that tang gets, awesome balance in hand. Love the contrast between the orange / black. Dual sheath by Parsons.

menefeefixedblackorangequad1.jpg

Just perfect, Vince! That clip point blade is perfect. I really like the wood on those too.

Just perfect, Vince! That clip point blade is perfect. I really like the wood on those too.

Thank you Gary. The top knife is a 4.5" backpocket & That is vintage rag micarta. The swayback with the sailor blade is 3-5/8 " and that is vintage cross cut deep brown micarta.

Thank you Gary. The top knife is a 4.5" backpocket & That is vintage rag micarta. The swayback with the sailor blade is 3-5/8 " and that is vintage cross cut deep brown micarta.
Ahh OK. Now that I zoom in I can see that. Still awesome to my eye.

There's something special about a knife that a friend makes for you using cover material you provided. Thanks Rick!

menefeeivorytrapper1.jpg

menefeeivorytrapper2.jpg

menefeeivorytrapper3.jpg

menefeeivorytrapper4.jpg

Man, Rick did a fantastic job hafting that ivory! Love that look.
Is there a black liner under the scales? The perfect space between the scale and bolster really looks good complimenting the lines in the ivory.

Man, Rick did a fantastic job hafting that ivory! Love that look.
Is there a black liner under the scales? The perfect space between the scale and bolster really looks good complimenting the lines in the ivory.

Yes, there is a black liner between the scales / liners / bolsters, makes for a very nice contrast. Rick knocked the fit and finish out of here, couldn't be happier.

My first Menefee and an absolute favorite. EVERYTHING about this knife appeals to me, the steel, the covers, the feel in hand, the swage and blade shape. I'd never ventured into customs before. Makes me wonder why I waited so long:eek:

wvc6T9.jpg

8emtbz.jpg

My first Menefee and an absolute favorite. EVERYTHING about this knife appeals to me, the steel, the covers, the feel in hand, the swage and blade shape. I'd never ventured into customs before. Makes me wonder why I waited so long:eek:

Woooeee. That is quite a first Paul! Congratulations on a beautiful knife from Rick (and Kyle). I helped him pick out that shield :D and that blade is something else.

Woooeee. That is quite a first Paul! Congratulations on a beautiful knife from Rick (and Kyle). I helped him pick out that shield :D and that blade is something else.

Thanks Tim, I see Vince has a different yet similar knife from Rick sans the shield:cool: When Kyle posted it, immediately I was taken, I tried to resist but it was futile:D:thumbup:

Always love the taped tang treatment :thumbup:

Back