• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Ripped Off by Dustin Turpin Knives– Deal with Caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am stunned that this has not been resolved . It was a act of malicious thievery on Dustins part and if it were me i would make the knives and hand deliver them and ask if you could forgive my unethical treatment of you . I mean what is the hold up at this point . Is he just being stuborn ? Possibly blaming you for his own actions ? I Just dont understand why this is not over . Some of the folder makers reach a rock star status and they probably think people will be on there side no matter what ... This is not one of those cases . Then on top of this he goes on IG and just has a childish fit about all the preasure. Guys like this should be shamed . Good Luck with this one ... Man what a jerk

That is one thing of the strangest aspects of this mess. Jim Skelton pops up a couple of weeks ago to make the statement that my knives are allegedly being completed now by Dustin. Now, I was told by Dustin (back when he actually communicated) that he was "starting on the knives" or that they "were almost done" more times than I can count. I always gave him the benefit of the doubt but these statements always proved to be untrue.

This is all so unnecessary- I am not a vindictive person. If he really were working on the knives he could just say so, and give an estimated date he thinks they will be done (how long does it take to complete two knives that are allegedly almost complete?) and I could update that information and maybe he could quickly end this "soap opera" as someone called it. It's such an easy fix. But obviously he's not particularly concerned with making it right--or he would.

Actions speak louder than words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point, in his weird mind, he's convinced himself that you are to blame Dale. It's like lending someone money. They want to kiss you on the lips before you hand over the cash.....after that you are looked at differently. They develops an attitude towards you. They will rarely bring up the loan and when you do they take it as a hassle. Even get attitude with you. Seen this countless times.
It usually happens to good people. The borrowers usually know who to ask. Sickening.
Skelton surprised me too. Why he got a pissy attitude I don't know.
Be tireless Dale.....this dip stick deserves nothing less.
Joe

Lawfor your efforts to highlight this fraudster are clearly working, given a collector like me can be following this thread and your IG posts intently from the other side of the world.

Sending my best wishes and support for your cause, all the way down from Australia.

Good luck mate.

Bozza148

All this is really a shame.. Where I come from, someone like Dustin Turpin it's called thief. He should give you 2 or 3 knives MORE, just to keep you waiting more than two years. I'm not buying his knife, EVER.. Thank you for sharing your bad experience. From Italy, all the support for you

qft62p0ez3v2m7hiuz6j.jpg

Keep on holding Turdin's feet to the flames Lawfor and I sincerely hope you are made whole again.

Amazingly there will be people who will still stick up for this plain thief. Some of them will have dippers in for one of his blades, some will just be blinded by the Jonestown cool aid. If they were out a Submariner then you can bet they would be throwing shade on old DT also.

Don't give up, there are many people rooting for you man!

Keep on holding Turdin's feet to the flames Lawfor and I sincerely hope you are made whole again.

Amazingly there will be people who will still stick up for this plain thief. Some of them will have dippers in for one of his blades, some will just be blinded by the Jonestown cool aid. If they were out a Submariner then you can bet they would be throwing shade on old DT also.

Blinded by the koolaid.......till they realize their blades are never going to show up!!! Then they wind up here completely amazed they got scammed! Sad state of affairs indeed!
Nauseating!
Joe

Blinded by the koolaid.......till they realize their blades are never going to show up!!! Then they wind up here completely amazed they got scammed! Sad state of affairs indeed!
Nauseating!
Joe

Truth

Folks, again, I am keeping this thread open for legitimate updates and to make sure that the word of how Dustin has treated this situation spreads as far and wide as possible until such a time as the matter is resolved -- one way or another. As we have learned, although I may be the one who has lost the most $$, others have also been taken advantage of by Dustin.

I want to keep this thread limited to facts - what I know about what he has done. Please don't speculate about drug use, other criminal acts, conspiracy theories with others, etc. Those comments will derail this thread and take away its legitimacy (and could wind up getting it closed). Please don't create those kind of issues. I truly appreciate the support but don't want to see this go in unnecessary directions.

I have no idea why Dustin may have done some of the things he has done. Frankly, I don't really care. I just know what he has done. To me, and to others.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

Folks, again, I am keeping this thread open for legitimate updates and to make sure that the word of how Dustin has treated this situation spreads as far and wide as possible until such a time as the matter is resolved -- one way or another. As we have learned, although I may be the one who has lost the most $$, others have also been taken advantage of by Dustin.

I want to keep this thread limited to facts - what I know about what he has done. Please don't speculate about drug use, other criminal acts, conspiracy theories with others, etc. Those comments will derail this thread and take away its legitimacy (and could wind up getting it closed). Please don't create those kind of issues. I truly appreciate the support but don't want to see this go in unnecessary directions.

I have no idea why Dustin may have done some of the things he has done. Frankly, I don't really care. I just know what he has done. To me, and to others.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.
Thank you for staying classy and keeping this about the facts. Before I read this thread I had never heard of Dustin Turpin but I am sure glad that I know the name now. I will definitely avoid him at all costs and spread the word about how he has treated you. Best of luck!

If people do not stay on topic, this thread will close and we will hand out some chiclets for the inconvenience.

You've made a believer out of me, and this thread has served to shed light on other characters in the knife world that I'll no longer be supporting. You have handled this as well as anyone could have, and I support you 100%, and I know many other folks on here do as well. Keep fighting the good fight.

lawfor, in the 5 years I've been reading GB&U, I can't recall a poster more focused and on point than you. We're all learning a thing or two just by the way you are handling this. Good luck!

Dale...thanks for keeping this thread going...hopefully Dustin will make good on your knives and the others he owes (including mine).

Dale...thanks for keeping this thread going...hopefully Dustin will make good on your knives and the others he owes (including mine).

You are very welcome. I hope that those who believe that there is value in public shaming and informing the knife community about "bad actors" will follow this on IG and repost what I have shared there - I am "lawfor" on Instagram also. [emoji1306][emoji1306]

You are very welcome. I hope that those who believe that there is value in public shaming and informing the knife community about "bad actors" will follow this on IG and repost what I have shared there - I am "lawfor" on Instagram also. [emoji1306][emoji1306]

So what's the latest OP ? Anything new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back