• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Ripped Off by Dustin Turpin Knives– Deal with Caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dustin Turpin of

www.turpin-knives.com seems like a real piece of work. "I stopped responding because I got tired of explaining myself?"

Looks like Dustin Turpin is going to have A LOT of explaining to do once we get the Google hit to #1!

Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin

Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin

This happened to me over a $200 knife, and even though I'm not rich, the money wasn't the problem. There aren't many other situations which make you feel as "violated," as someone going back on a deal when they have your money and you gave them your trust.

Do good and good will come. As others have said, you have absolutely nothing to apologize for other than trusting a man's word, which we should be able to do. Add him to my blacklist unless something happens, but after his text I doubt that if he sent you the watch and the knives that I would consider doing business with him. That's a shame, because the only thing worse than a douche is a douche with talent, and he's got it in spades.

Best of luck brother, and thanks for making this pleasant to read and clear to understand. I would deal with you in a heartbeat.

This was the first thing Id read of Dustin Turpin, and Dustin Turpin Knives, after searching for more information on a Dustin Turpin knife that I liked the look of. Needless to say, I will not be contacting Dustin Turpin at http://www.turpin-knives.com

Very happy this community has so much information, and sincerely hope lawfor gets a resolution to this craptastic situation that meet his satisfaction. Best of Luck!

All:

I appreciate all the support but don't want this to get out of hand so am going to close this thread (for now) in the hopes that Dustin steps up and makes this right. If he does not, I will reopen and provide an update. Thanks.

Just a quick update. First, thanks for all who reached out in support or to offer advice.

I did try again to contact Dustin to let him know that I did not want the story of what happened to get out of hand and hoped that he would still do the right thing and honor his word. He did not respond and I have not heard a word from him since.

I'm not really surprised. Not because I'm familiar with him or his work, but because I have dealt with a custom gun builder that did great work for me. The gun he built is beautiful and runs flawlessly. But, it took 3 years and three months to get a gun I paid 4 grand for. The only updates I got were the exact excuses you got about your knives, and only when I contacted him first. It seems to me that custom builders, whether cars, guns, knives, whatever, do things at their speed and nobody else's. I seems to me that they think you came to them for their talent and skills, and if you want their product you should be happy to wait until they get that product to you, not matter how long it takes. I could be wrong, but it's just the impression I get.

I think this whole story stinks .. I would target the Father . I would draw up some papers and send them registered Mail to his door ASAP . I bet he was so proud of his son when he received it.. Only now he would know that it was pretty much stolen property and most likely would agree to hand it over. For a guy who makes his living pretty much through the social media outlets for sales this was a extremely risky move and very disingenuous of him .

Receiving stolen goods. I'd contact the authorities.

Lawfor- your a gentleman no doubt about it . IMHO you've been more than understanding in this . I think the maker sees your easy going and is running you over though. I hope it ends well.

Dustin Turpin of

www.turpin-knives.com seems like a real piece of work. "I stopped responding because I got tired of explaining myself?"

Looks like Dustin Turpin is going to have A LOT of explaining to do once we get the Google hit to #1!

Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin

Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin
Dustin Turpin

What was the guy's name again...?

Dustin Turpin of

Dustin Turpin. . . . .

LOL, almost there - currently ranked as third item in Google search results:

wD5kfje.png

I googled the name. There is nothing negative coming up, not Blade Forums or anything else. It appears it's been taken own.

Google and Chrome will take your own history and search history into account in its rankings.

I don't understand that. Why wouldn't I get the same results as everyone else when I google a name? Especially one I've never searched before, thus no history.

So, I do a search for Dustin Turpin on Chrome (my usual browser) and I get the result posted above. I search on FireFox (I have not used in months) and this thread is not in the first three pages of results. Interesting...

This thread pops up 3rd link down when I googled his name, Dustin Turpin is a thief.

Personally if I had that much money stolen I would be contacting people he knows, works with, family, ANYONE to bring shame on him. Plus file a police report, if he did this to you, he will steal from others as well.

Disappointing and pretty poor show of character and integrity by the maker.
I don't really understand the point of any legal action or such as suggested by others here. That is just time consuming and emotionally exhausting
If you are collecting Rolex's etc, you aren't really even going to miss $3,500.

I think it's alot more of the way you feel about how you were treated.
It's a total bad taste in your mouth. I mean do you even want those knives anymore? I wouldn't, they are almost worthless IMO.
You feel abused and taken advantage of.
Only Dustin can make this right by you if he wants to.

What was the guy's name again...?

I hate seeing someone get burned like this. Russ

I'm not really surprised. Not because I'm familiar with him or his work, but because I have dealt with a custom gun builder that did great work for me. The gun he built is beautiful and runs flawlessly. But, it took 3 years and three months to get a gun I paid 4 grand for. The only updates I got were the exact excuses you got about your knives, and only when I contacted him first. It seems to me that custom builders, whether cars, guns, knives, whatever, do things at their speed and nobody else's. I seems to me that they think you came to them for their talent and skills, and if you want their product you should be happy to wait until they get that product to you, not matter how long it takes. I could be wrong, but it's just the impression I get.
I dunno about anyone else but I wouldn't want anything from a douchebag like that. 3
years and I wouldn't even want it anymore. These people aren't gods and nobody cares about them outside the hobby. They work like you and me. Plenty of more honest humble folks to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back