• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Ripped Off by Dustin Turpin Knives– Deal with Caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the thread is closed than how do new developments get posted? So the thread gets closed and buried somewhere even though the situation is still active and unresolved? Perhaps Dustin could step up and agree to fulfill his commitment. That would be a way to bring actual closure to this. I think that people are entitled to know what's happened and as long as their posts don't violate rules or make threats, etc seems like that should be more than ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I get an order for a knife I ask for 50% up front then the rest on delivery. Some times the customer pays all up front. In that case I make their knife next. I also send pictures along the way. They seem to like to watch the birthing process. It eats my ass to see guys be dishonorable like that.

Everyone's got issues.

How bad they are is relative.

How effective they are in terms of excusing you in certain situations depends on the situation and the issue.

Depression and Anxiety, while terrible issues to deal with, do not excuse, nor lead to being a thief and a liar.

If the thread is closed than how do new developments get posted? So the thread gets closed and buried somewhere even though the situation is still active and unresolved? Perhaps Dustin could step up and agree to fulfill his commitment. That would be a way to bring actual closure to this. I think that people are entitled to know what's happened and as long as their posts don't violate rules or make threats, etc seems like that should be more than ok.

^ As long as Dustin Turpin, is out there advertising on other social mediums, this needs to be kept at the forefront so that other unsuspecting innocent people, don't become future victims.

When I get an order for a knife I ask for 50% up front then the rest on delivery. Some times the customer pays all up front. In that case I make their knife next. I also send pictures along the way. They seem to like to watch the birthing process. It eats my ass to see guys be dishonorable like that.

^ No disrespect intended, Doug, however, from what I've witnessed here in the GBU these past 3 years; there just isn't a knife that I want badly enough to pay any maker, any amount of money up front for. It just isn't going to happen!

So, another update. Although Dustin has not chosen to make things right or even to address his actions to the one person most impacted, he did decide to post on IG this. Post below.

b6de650a27f8cebe695c3cd5f1218529.jpg

6f2d608448f733be6cc8f5eabd1dd832.jpg

402ef222ff34984bcc97aed239f41ca0.jpg

^^^^^
You want to know what makes me depressed??? Reading GBU thread's like this, involving thieving, lying, lowlife, scamming POS, like Dustin Turpin, who play the "depression" card.

Give back the Rolex watch that you basically stole, Dustin!

MODS: I implore you to close this thread. The buyer has expressed his case, the maker has responded (on IG). What more can we do here? All of the dog-piling by people who have nothing to do with the transaction is just toxic.

^ I vehemently disagree with this line of thinking! :thumbdn:

He stole a Rolex watch, HR! He had the simplest way of resolving his moment of greed: return the OP's watch!!! He's a thief!!!

Last edited:
First off Dustin I hope that your able to get help with his depression and panic attacks. I work in a mental health hospital and have seen how depression and panic attacks can make it hard for someone to function. However, how long does lawfor have to wait for the knives to be finished? What's a reasonable amount of time? "People are pretending to be your friend to score a knife to make money." Ok. You've made knives for your friends that take advantage of you but can't seem to get lawfor's knives completed. You are "tired of the game." Well so is lawfor! Give him his knives or reimburse him money for the watch. Honestly lawfor I would take Dustin Turpin to small claims court, get your money, and move on. My perception is that Dustin is making knives for everyone but you.

If his mental problems make it impossible to work and rendered him invalid he should file for SSI and be done with it.

The hardest knife for a maker to build is one that is already paid for.

You should meet him at blade or the Gathering and pick the 2 best knives off of his table for yourself.

This is the best piece of advice that I've seen on the Forum in at least a year. DO IT, sir! Your LAST CHANCE to get some of your knives.
Should be difficult for him to say no. If he does...picket his table with a sign that says..."CHEATER!"

If you are collecting Rolex's etc, you aren't really even going to miss $3,500.

Huh? Would you agree with someone who said, "If you are a part time knifemaker etc, you aren't really even going to miss $3,500."?

Man, this Dustin Turpin of

www.turpin-knives.com seems like a real piece of work. "I stopped responding because I got tired of explaining myself?"

Looks like Dustin Turpin is going to have A LOT of explaining to do once we get the Google hit to #1!

^ This thread, along with "Dustin Turpin the Thief's," infamous quote, should be bumped daily, until Dustin man's up & makes restitution to the OP:

"I stopped responding because I got tired of explaining myself?" < Quote from: Dustin Turpin AKA The Rolex Thief

If I lived my life stealing from other people...I'd wake up every single day & feel severely depressed too!

Edit:
It doesn't appear that Dustin's listed, as an exhibitor at Blade Show 2016 Atlanta:

http://www.bladeshow.com/

https://www.facebook.com/thebladeshow/

Last edited:
It's funny that the only people commiserating with Dustin's supposed depression are the poor guys waiting for their knives. They feel if they cry from the rooftops, 'poor poor Dustin' their knives will be delivered. Give it a few months and those guys will be here looking for support.
Don't fall for yet another stall tactic. He's a thief period.
It's always the same progression of events for thieves like this......cry poor me at first. When that stops working they'll get belligerent and go on the attack to try and make the honest customer the bad guy.
Typical behavior.
I hope this thread remains open until lawfor gets some kind of resolution......and it becomes the #1 result of a Google search!!
Joe

Wow, this thread continues to prove Dustin has scammed the OP, continues to not make it right, has lied repeatedly, now trying to play the scammer "sympathy/sick/personal issues" card (funny how this is such a common tactic in almost all of these situations), and tries to spin the victim as the "bad guy" and then attempts to make himself the victim. I won't even go into his egocentric attitude.
His whole strategy seems like it came from THE DUMMIES GUIDE TO COVER UP BEING A SCAMMER.

OP you are obviously a patient stand up guy, who has made a concerted effort to remain polite and give this turd more chances than any normal human would do. Together, there is such a divide between the honor of the two men involved.
And it is not looking good at all for Dustin Turdpin.

This thread should definitely remain open until Turdpin makes it right.

Well, I made my share of mistakes in agreeing to this deal but if he truly is an honest person as he claims, I wish he would simply apologize, take responsibility, and explain his plan to honor his end of our deal. Then all would be resolved with no more drama. I have have heard everything from him but his plan to honor his end of this deal - I can only assume he doesn't intend to or would say so - if only to end the attention that he says he hates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawfor, how long are you willing to wait for these knives?

That's a hard question to answer in the abstract.

I guess if Dustin said "hey, I want to make this right, please give me "x" time and your knives will be done approx by "x" than that would be something I could evaluate and work with, especially since this is now public and I think he'd know others than just me are watching.

But, so far, he has refused to communicate with me or agree to make anything.

File legal action. You can also call the local law in his area, they will contact him. Others here are more experienced with the legal aspects, but you need to go legal.

File legal action. You can also call the local law in his area, they will contact him. Others here are more experienced with the legal aspects, but you need to go legal.

I recall Lawfor mentioning that he has a background in legal areas. Perhaps he previous opinions on the matter have changed?

I recall Lawfor mentioning that he has a background in legal areas. Perhaps he previous opinions on the matter have changed?

Legal action is always possible but I truly would prefer to see him do the right thing. I don't feel like investing more time and aggravation in this mess if I can avoid it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back