• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Rolling date for 1/4" x 1 1/2" 1084 set for July 26, 2008

Chris,

15n20 comes off an 1150 pound roll. I just have to figure out how to keep the roll from uncoiling across both mine and my neighbors lawns when I cut the bands!!

Actually Chris, I am going to have to get it cut to manageable sizes and that takes a little planning. It will be here when the 1084 arrives.

Aldo

hmm can i get 20lbs of 1084 and 20 lbs of 15n20 then?
40lbs total.
i would appreciate it
thanks
~Chris

Chris,

You keep on making the kind of stuff you've been showing us lately and you can have it any way you want.

Aldo

Hey Aldo,

I'm out in Hawaii. The UPS rates will kill me as there is no ground service. I'll be in NH the month of July, but would be gone before your ship dates in August. Any chance of cutting the steel into 12" lengths to fit in USPS flat rate boxes?

I understand the 1084 comes in .25"x1.5"x48" (5lbs/48") at $3.60/lb.

I understand the 15N20 is .065"x1.5"x48", but do not know what that translates into in weight. I'm guessing as it's 1/4 the thickness of the 1084 that it'll be roughly 1/4 the weight. That would put it at about 1.25lbs/48".

If you can make a cutting/shipping exception for us wayward highschool blacksmith teachers out in "isolationville," Hawaii.....I'd like to get 25lbs of each (if I can afford the 15N20). Otherwise I'd like 50lbs of the 1084.

Thanks, Phil

Phil,

Are you actually trying to tell me that Hawaii is tuff living? Cause I can't imagine anyone living there who didn't actually want to.

If you send me a complete list of your needs I will be sure to get back to you with shipping and cutting charges. Please be specific.

You can send it to njsteelbaron@gmail.com

Thanks,

Aldo

Hey Bruno,

Ya, its a tough job, but somebodies got to do it! I did send you a couple of emails. Will send another.

Thanks! Phil

Will the bar stock in 1084 be shipped in six foot lengths?
And, what is the max weight in barstock that can be shipped on UPS?
Based on that... will tell me how much I can order.
Thanks in advance!
I can't believe it's been seven years since I've been on this site!!! Where the hell did all those years go? heh heh heh
Charles

Will the bar stock in 1084 be shipped in six foot lengths?
And, what is the max weight in barstock that can be shipped on UPS?
Based on that... will tell me how much I can order.
Thanks in advance!
I can't believe it's been seven years since I've been on this site!!! Where the hell did all those years go? heh heh heh
Charles

Hey Bro!!! Glad to see you back. Nice talking to you yesterday.;) Aldo is a really nice guy to do business with. But don't tell him I said it. HEHEHEHEHE!!!

Last edited:
I'm interested in doing an order of both 1084 and 15N20. Just waiting on the price of the 15N20 before I commit.
Grant

To all that are interested in 15n20. The price will be $3.85 per pound cut to strips 1 1/2 x 4 ft. It is .065 thick(1/16). I will be shipping it with the 1085 in August.

Aldo

Aldo..what is the weight per 4 foot piece of the 15N20? So I can decide how many pieces. Got your call yesterday and will call in the next day or two. Thanks

Back