Rough Ryder Reserve: New Premium Rough Ryder Line

Took some screenshots. Interesting design. I'm a fan of all of it except the cap lifter. Seems like the sharp cap lifter may be uncomfortable to grip when using the secondary blade, and also more suited to a pocket slip rather than loose carry.

NIFqNsb.png
Thanks for posting the pics. I had no idea what a "barback" was, and was wondering.
At least RR is thinking outside the box. Maybe a little too far outside the box....

The choil might make it so you can use the opener with the blade open. The choil looks to make it comfy when using the wharncliffe. The spearpoint also looks nice and i like how the knife widens away from it.

might be worth picking up if its reasonable. And rounding out the bottle opener part, rendering it unusable. Youd still have that nasty tang sticking out though.

Where did this Barback photo come from? I can't find the knife in question on the mountain website.
Rich

Where did this Barback photo come from? I can't find the knife in question on the mountain website.
Rich
they were screen shots taken from one of the knife talk sessions, or something like that.

My Kayak came today. Here in the UK it costs over $80

I was totally underwhelmed. The micarta colour is truly insipid. The blades had play in them. Not a lot, but it was there. The one blade was gritty as hell.

I was going to send it back but i really do like the shape of the blades so i kept it. I dyed the micarta a brownish maroon then put a drop of oil on the one pivot to try and make it smoother.

Fell out my hand, went straight into my ankle point first . . . blood pumping like crazy. Threw sock/s away as one was drenched.

I believe the knife is cursed.

Its now in its box right at the back of a cold dark drawer. Hopefully to be forgotten till the world comes to an end :rolleyes:

Last edited:
YIKES what a way to end 2020, sorry to hear that, mine has zero blade play on either blade, one was gritty as yours and is smoothing out now but a striking difference between the two.
G2

edited to add that what a coincidence that this was my 19990'th post, as I joined back in 1999

1999_post by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

go figure ;)

Last edited:
My Kayak came today. Here in the UK it costs over $80

I was totally underwhelmed. The micarta colour is truly insipid. The blades had play in them. Not a lot, but it was there. The one blade was gritty as hell.

I was going to send it back but i really do like the shape of the blades so i kept it. I dyed the micarta a brownish marroon then put a drop of oil on the one pivot to try and make it smoother.

Fell out my hand, went straight into my ankle point first . . . blood pumping like crazy. Threw sock/s away as one was drenched.

I believe the knife is cursed.

Its now in its box right at the back of a cold dark drawer cupboard. Hopefully to be forgotten till the world comes to an end :rolleyes:

Well, you've bonded with it at least and all things come to those who wait...;):D

But over 80 USD for any RR is beyond out of order..:eek:

Yeh, its crazy the price we have to pay for knives in the UK. But if we want them we have to pay. No way around it sadly

Saying that i doubt i will buy another RRR unless its a pattern i REALLY want. It really isnt worth what i paid for it by a long shot

Back