Rough Ryder Reserve: New Premium Rough Ryder Line

jZ7zU9w.jpg

Its not like its disgusting. Its just better without.

Your pictures make that knife look better than all others ive seen.
This example is very impressive ! Can’t speak for others but pictures had nothing to do with the wonderful fit and finish on this one.
Thank you BTW :)

Was wondering for a little bit where the pictures came from despite seeing my quote of the video where it appeared lol.

BTW, the designer of the Barback is the same one that designed the Kayak and whose hands are in those pictures with the Barback. This is why he was so excited to show it. That said, the other knives in the next batch will probably be of older patterns.

For the other 3 RRR knives, I find myself using at least one of them everyday. The Kayak was my least favorite at first, but the blades may be the most useful ones in the series yet so far.

Any news on the RRR #4? They said #4 was on the water on youtube but I have not seen any pics. Thanks

I hope the boat sank lol.
#4 was such a disappointment for me.

If you scroll up there's some screen shots provided which give you a really good idea of what the knife is going to be.

I hope the boat sank lol.
#4 was such a disappointment for me.

If you scroll up there's some screen shots provided which give you a really good idea of what the knife is going to be.
Oh man, I saw it. I hope there's another April fools type holiday I don't know about.
I was just sharpening my RR Classic Carbon stockman and got to thinking about #4. RR is still the king of the under $20 traditional. I wish them well and look forward to more T10 and D2.

Now owning around ten RR's that cost under $20 and two RRR's at the higher price point, I'm quite happy with the Reserve line. The fit and finish is worthy of the cost. I do personally wish for more conventional designs, but the RRR003 Whittler has grown on me and I'm very fond of it now. Still trying to like the RRR001 One Arm Jack..

I bought all three of the RRR knives. I like them, but I'm not crazy over the Kayak. I just hope that they don't produce too many patterns because my credit card won't hold up to the strain.

Is 4 posts "hype"? He must work at a place like where I work...full o clowns :)

Is 4 posts "hype"? He must work at a place like where I work...full o clowns :)

haha, to be fair, 1/4 posts wasn’t hyping the RRR drop. Still 75% dedicated to the drop with no posts since is kind of suspicious. It’s what I’d to if I was lazily drumming up excitement for my business’s product and I was trying to skirt the fact I didn’t have a dealer membership. (I just checked, someone please correct me if I’m wrong.)

I hope I’m wrong, because then a certain mountain knife shop would lose my business forever for being cheats.

even if RRR produced a winner at that point, I couldn’t do it. Thankfully from what I’ve seen so far I won’t be losing out.

haha, to be fair, 1/4 posts wasn’t hyping the RRR drop. Still 75% dedicated to the drop with no posts since is kind of suspicious. It’s what I’d to if I was lazily drumming up excitement for my business’s product and I was trying to skirt the fact I didn’t have a dealer membership. (I just checked, someone please correct me if I’m wrong.)

I hope I’m wrong, because then a certain mountain knife shop would lose my business forever for being cheats.

even if RRR produced a winner at that point, I couldn’t do it. Thankfully from what I’ve seen so far I won’t be losing out.

Boy you are sure suspicious, there' nothing wrong with being exuberant.

Have many RR's, and mighty happy with them for what they are - very, in fact...........but the direction RRR is taking is personally putting me off. Sorry, guys.
Couldn't agree more.
I've less than zero interest in the RRR line ... probably a good thing, as they (so far) all cost much more than I have, or am willing to spend on a knife.
If RR keeps raising the prices, I'll be priced out. $20 - $24 with shipping may not sound like "a lot" to spend on a knife, but it's fully half or over half of what I have left after paying rent every month. :(

Boy you are sure suspicious, there' nothing wrong with being exuberant.
I absolutely agree- nothing wrong with exuberant. Any suspicion I have is mostly due to the atypical activity of before, during and after the drop. I could be 100% wrong, but I feel like someone who has 4 things to say, 3 of them about a drop they’ve been “waiting for”, would probably follow up at some point.

Something just doesn’t feel right, that’s all.

anyone put their RRR D2 through the paces to see where it stacks up?

anyone put their RRR D2 through the paces to see where it stacks up?
x8X3fDB.jpg

RxmWKJn.jpg

oPLku29.jpg

4ODmk0K.jpg

Sorry no pics of it "doing" work, but I've used mine at work quite a bit. Scraping paint, breaking down boxes shower surrounds and toilets come in,cutting carpet, sharpening pencils,cutting odds'n'ends normal to refurbishing homes. Its has held up pretty good, I did re-bevel the edge a bit. I did accidentally drag the last 1/3 of the edge over one of those big metal staples thats in heavy duty boxes. That definitely needed a touch up after,but that would have been hard on any steel I believe. I don't have another D2 blade for comparison, but the box the shower surround came in was of thick cardboard. After making numerous long cuts the blade was actually warm to the touch from the friction, but was still plenty sharp until the staple got it. I carry a small diamond sharpener in my pocket and it didn't take that many passes to bring back the edge afterwards though. Although wide from spring to blade spine while closed its thin overall so carries nicely imho. I really like it :cool::thumbsup:

I did accidentally drag the last 1/3 of the edge over one of those big metal staples thats in heavy duty boxes.

oh I’m cringing from here- there’s a certain feel of a knife who’s blade runs across one of those staples... ugh.

I carry a small diamond sharpener in my pocket and it didn't take that many passes to bring back the edge afterwards though.

what grit diamond stone? That might tell me more about the steel.

I’m very happy you like it- I know you’re a budget minded fellow, so it’s good to have solid budget minded knives.

Back