Round up those Cattle Knives!!

You've got some real nice cattle knives! They are not as common now as the stockman is, though they used to be. Both are equally my favorite patterns.
Thanks Paul. Then we are in complete agreement. Both are my favorites as well. Wish I had as many cattle knives as I do stockmen.

Wow! That post needs a bump!
Outstanding!

I love cattle knives, and there are a LOT of beautiful ones in this thread. I might be going on a cattle knife binge because of this thread. Here are some of mine.

I believe this is a Camillus made for Sears
cHYJA1S.jpg

An early W. Bingham
5DbEh8A.jpg

1928-1930s Boker
T3lRfsK.jpg

And an early Catt
7hbM3Jl.jpg

While not old this case is also a cattle knife. The only jr cattle pattern currently made to my knowledge. Everybody who likes three blades should try one. I sure like lookin' at it.

View attachment 1103673 View attachment 1103674
I like those Case Juniors, got one in ginger ale Winterbottom bone. Had a Carribean Blue and lost it. They make a really good EDC, practically invisible in the pocket.

Schrade built Peach-Seed Stunner Ulster, unbelievably gifted to me by Mr. Paul Hilborn - again Paul I thank you so very much for this outstanding knife, I am very lucky to be it's present Custodian...
Before I collected knives if someone said a Knife blade was sexy- I would have kinda looked at them strange, but now........

hMXpIhK.jpg

I realized that I probably haven't put up any pictures in this thread. I only have one modern cattle knife:
MKrsqeR.jpg

And a number of old ones, of which this NYKC is one of my favorites:
44z8DUP.jpg

I only have pictures of two others, both Challenge. I need to get pictures of the rest of them.
8GkzxJA.jpg

NsM544i.jpg

Hear Hear Paul Sir, again I just have to voice just how spectacular that duo is matey!

This is a Whopper 5 bladed beauty!

gXeGpQS.jpg

8R76ek3.jpg

hfNxOu2.jpg

pkb6Q4t.jpg

1WeoeTO.jpg

Great old 5 blade cattle knife, you sure don't see those every day. Wonderful to have the main blade etch as well.

There are so many beautiful knives in this thread, It deserves a Bump!!!
Let's re-start big or go home!!!:D Beautiful in its monstrous simplicity,
this #98 Tidioute with Gabon Ebony handles is an obvious representative
of the breed. It is 4.88 inches long, and weighs about one ton!!!:eek:
A sheath is probably right for this knife, unless you wear heavy-duty jeans!!
But it's got it all; a shapely clip blade with a slightly recurved edge, a sheepfoot of stout proportions, and GEC's big forged punch!! Topping it off is buttery Black Ebony (Gabon from a choice piece!)
Blah blah blah!! You'd think I was selling it:rolleyes:, but you'd be wrong!!!:)
Without further ado . . .
BigBlack Cattle1.jpg BigBlack Cattle 2.jpg

Last edited:
Whew- That's a smart looking 98 there Charlie, GEC I think went insane over the build of these mind blowing Knives, I still have my original 98 camp knife - you may remember that one Sir? - they wont be able prize that out of my hands when they start that furnace up!
I haven't seen too many of these Charlie, so this is a pleasure viewing this, that nice smooth roundness to that knife makes it look SO attractive somehow plain but highlighted with a tasteful Shield and it just looks so subtly gorgeous, I am pretty sure I would climb over bodies to get a knife like that!

There are so many beautiful knives in this thread, It deserves a Bump!!!
Let's re-start big or go home!!!:D Beautiful in its monstrous simplicity,
this #98 Tidioute with Gabon Ebony handles is an obvious representative
of the breed. It is 4.88 inches long, and weighs about one ton!!!:eek:
A sheath is probably right for this knife, unless you wear heavy-duty jeans!!
But it's got it all; a shapely clip blade with a slightly recurved edge, a sheepfoot of stout proportions, and GEC's big forged punch!! Topping it off is buttery Black Ebony (Gabon from a choice piece!)
Blah blah blah!! You'd think I was selling it:rolleyes:, but you'd be wrong!!!:)
Without further ado . . .
View attachment 1213580 View attachment 1213581

Simply exquisite.

Back