Ryuichi Kawamura Knives

Thank you, guys. Here are a couple photos of both sides.

ryu-cattle-knife-mark-side.jpg

ryu-cattle-knife-pile-side.jpg

Jake, that stockman is a real beauty :)

Congratz for this great piece! The stag, the shape, the swedges... just amazing!

Another excellent cattle knife from Ryu. :thumbup:

**I was sent this 3.5" Ryu Kawamura Jess Horn Street Fighter Tribute in Burgundy Micarta to take photos of for a friend and I must say his work is phenomenal.

Hand rub satin is just as nice as any I've ever seen with a signature nice touch of a high polish tang.
An incredible swedge that generally leaves quite a bit of room for error is executed as you would expect from a maker of this calibre, perfectly.
There's certainly a 'bank vault' like action upon opening this piece.

tumblr_ochjs9J3ct1rzq6m9o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_ochjs9J3ct1rzq6m9o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ochjs9J3ct1rzq6m9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ochjs9J3ct1rzq6m9o3_1280.jpg

I thought I had posted these, but that was in another thread. Here are some photos John took of my only Ryuichi Kawamura with engraving of Master Engraver Jon Robyn.
Charles
ryu1.jpg

ryu2.jpg

ryubolster1.jpg

ryubolster2.jpg

ryubolster3.jpg

ryubolster4.jpg

ryuspine.jpg

Great job capturing the "grain" of the micarta and the finish on the lockback Tim, and Charles, that engraving is too cool! As an upland bird hunter, I love it.

That Whittler is off the charts, Charles! Like Jake I spent many years hunting upland game birds. I really appreciate the work and artistry that went into that engraving. Of course you couldn't find a better canvas.

I thought I had posted these, but that was in another thread. Here are some photos John took of my only Ryuichi Kawamura with engraving of Master Engraver Jon Robyn.
Charles
ryu1.jpg

ryu2.jpg

ryubolster1.jpg

ryubolster2.jpg

ryubolster3.jpg

ryubolster4.jpg

ryuspine.jpg
Wow! I've seen pics before, bolsters never...wow, absolutely beautifully done all around.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That Whittler is off the charts, Charles! Like Jake I spent many years hunting upland game birds. I really appreciate the work and artistry that went into that engraving. Of course you couldn't find a better canvas.

Thanks. John's photography really brings out the quality of the piece.

These are images of my two fine knives by Ryu. (These had been posted previously but I no longer use the old hosting service so they were no longer available in this thread.)

Click on the images to view full size:

Back