Ryuichi Kawamura Knives

Thanks, Gary. His work is extremely clean. When Jerry Halfrich and his wife Janice were staying with us a few years back, Jerry was really enamored of that knife and the stag.

I think I just drooled all over my phone at those cattle knife pics. Just an amazing piece sir!

Thank you. When I asked Ryu to build that knife for me I asked him to alter his pattern to replace the small pen blade with a small clip. He was very open to the idea and I was extremely pleased with the way it turned out.

I was somewhat surprised that no one had made such a request previously.

He does exceptional work. My only piece of his workmanship.
ryu1.jpg

ryu2.jpg

Elliot, that lockback wharncliff trapper is divine. I may have to have one like that!

The shield, to me, looks right. It appears to be flushed to the highest areas of stag, which to me wokld be right. We’ll see once in hand, but I can’t imagine that it isn’t done just perfectly (from what I’ve heard of his work).

Congrats. Ryu's work is excellent. When Jerry Halfrich visited a few years back he was crazy about the stag on the cattle knife Ryu made for me. (Fortunately, I didn't have to check his pockets before he left for home. LOL!)

Back