Scary Looking Folders

From the trends of this thread, it looks like large and hawkbill blades, balisongs, autos, and OTFs are scary. Anything else?

Cold Steel 6" Ti-Lite looks like a (seriously) big old fashioned switchblade. I don't care what you cut with it, people will give you a dirty look.

Cold Steel 6" Ti-Lite looks like a (seriously) big old fashioned switchblade. I don't care what you cut with it, people will give you a dirty look.

The 6" is almost ridiculous "to me" as the 4" is about perfect size-wise and still gets it's share of raised eybrows. ;)

I third the motion. Motion carried. :)

The Cold Steel Rajahs, I & II. They are so big and when they "Clunk" open with authority, heads turn...
People wonder where that much knife suddenly appeared from and it has the kopis shape to it to boot.
I know when I carry Rajah II around and someone asks for a knife, if I hand them that they generally do a double take.

main.php

main.php

main.php

Yea, my Rajah II gets a few looks when I need to open a box at work.

DSC03988.jpg

DSC03987.jpg

Mini-grip for scale.

I was told by a friend yesterday who spoke of a co-worker who's getting three days off from his job because he was showing another co-worker how his Emerson worked coming out of his pocket with a "wave" . Apparently, another gentlemen saw this and reported it to management as a "threatening issue". Ok...first of all, yeah, the guy shouldn't have done the demo on the job where it was seen like that but, secondly, what kind of a guy would run a tattle-tale over something like this?? My Gawd...are we starting to lose the testosterone levels in the male society these days or what?:confused::mad::grumpy:
I had a similar experience as well with my Emerson Super Karambit. Though I guess I could understand since it's more or less akin to bringing a weapon to work. The lesson we learn is that you only show your knives to people at work if you consider them a friend. For other coworkers who probably aren't your best bud, just don't pull it out.

If I need to use a knife in the open public, I find that a fixed blade won't raise any eyebrows even if it's as sharp as a scalpel.

It's funny how the shape and folding function draws more attention than anything else. But then, I suppose it's hard to judge a threat you can't see(the sharpness of the knife, whether or not someone will use it on another person). Still, I suspect my Dozier Buffalo River Hunter won't cause much alarm even if I dropped a tomato on the blade and split it in half.

If I need to use a knife in the open public, I find that a fixed blade won't raise any eyebrows even if it's as sharp as a scalpel.

I keep this little guy in my wallet for such occasions.

l_5074d391a4f843bd93a438c3e8beb4b2.jpg

No, THIS blatant ripoff looks retarded. At least the Spydercos with this blade shape had nice, flowing curves while maintaining a scary look.

I remember reading from somewhere that this was made under permission of spyderco, but I could remember wrong.

Anyone remember the REKAT Sifu?
CIMG2282.jpg

I always thought this one screamed "you are gonna get messed up:D"

I think about this knife everytime I am looking for a large folder. Too bad they stopped making it. I have looked for hours for one without any luck. Is that yours? Nice knife!:thumbup:

Benchmade Skirmish, while not scary, can certainly be intimidating.

I should kick myself for getting rid of the two I had!

Interesting. If I don't present a wicked looking blade, that's when I get the strange looks. It's all in a person's expectations.

Back