Sebenza 25 Micarta

I am no fan of the micarta inlays generally but the 25 looks terrible with it. Sorry, just my opinion.
What I'd really like to see is a 25 Insingo.

Interesting indeed. Just happy my ntm large dammie reg is almost here;)

I was really hoping that they would do a large, one piece inlay. I feel that would really look nice on the 25.

I agree
I cannot believe I waited for almost a year for THIS abomination
Hope the production version will be different

I find myself feeling kinda sorry for Chris, or whomever came up with this design. It must be hard to put your new baby on display and have everyone tell you your kid is butt-ugly. Then again the company was built based on selling fairly minimalist designs to people who appreciate clean design, great functionality, and great quality at a steep price point. You gotta really love those inlays to pay the premium for the inlayed sebbie, so CRK has some duty to get it right I suppose. For some reason these inlays on the 25 remind me of eyebrows, not in a good way. If that's the official release, the only thing that could save it in my mind is someone telling me the ergos are sublime, but if you really want ergos, buy a spyderco Native 5 or something. CRK in not really about form-fit, 'disappear in you hand' type knives in my mind.

Thats looks really bad.
I think if the strips were closer together and the bottom one didn't have the curve it would look much better.
I'm not a fan of the 25 anyway, but I know many have been waiting for this model. For the ones that have been waiting on this I hope something will be changed before final production.

That is atrocious…… I also cannot believe I have been waiting for a micarta anticipating it would be a one piece. Honestly I do not know who is to blame for that but whoever it was…..

The inlays make the 21 look great I think, adds to the piece. The 25 on the other hand.......
These definitely look forced. A solid piece would be awesome!! Or some bolstered action!!

CRK is my favorite company and their folders are all I really carry. So I dont want to jump on the negitive bandwagon, but I truly think that the inlays on that knife look wrong or off in some way.
I just really really hope that is just a mock up, prototype, or photoshop of some sort, because I know CRK can do a much better job with the inlays then that.

I really hope this isn't the final design for inlays on the 25. It looks really, really bad. I was hoping for one solid inlay on the 25 like the annuals. But even compared to the nice straight split inlays on the 21, this is really ugly. It just looks goofy and amateurish. I love CRK, I love the sebenza (I have many), but I don't love this. I will never buy one that looks like this.

Wait a minute!

Has CRK ever tossed a knife out that was a real loser? Nah. I think we should assume that this picture is a PS simulation and that the real thing will be up to the usual standards. Or, in other words, innocent until proven guilty? :)

Let's hope so
I also hope that Chris or Heather or someone at CRK reads this thread

I don't like it at all. It's a huge step back from the 21, and it will probably cost in excess of $500.

I was hoping for a one piece inlay on the 25, it will be nice when they start the decorated and CF scaled models. We will see what comes out of the SHOT Show.

I can't say I am loving it ... at all. The Micarta is just too thin, I like the 25 with plain scales but that one oy.

It seems a shame to miss this opportunity for a one piece inlay like the annuals. And for a two piece inlay, the swoop doesn't complement the scale as much as the straighter 21 inlays.

I'm just repeating most of the opinions here, in hopes to lend my support to the suggestion that Chris try out some other inlay designs.

Back