Snarking at the speed of sludge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy_zpsi76os2eu.gif

I love Archer.

Stupid me. So I drove my K5 blazer to work yesterday because my Sonoma was out of gas. When I left work it was overcast and the sun was just barely coming up so I had my headlights on. Forgot to shut them off and killed the battery. But today was payday so I drove the sonoma and filled the tank on the way in. This is why I make a point to always own two vehicles. Although 5 or 6 would be better. And a shop with a lift and hoist. And a car trailer. And more knowledge.

did some critical grocery shopping tonight - picked up a fifth of Ommegang 3 philosophers, 2 large bottles of Dragon's Milk (vanilla bourbon barrel stout), a 4 pack of Sam Smith's organic chocolate stout, and a bottle of Rumchata for SWMBO - that came with a commemorative thermal tumbler.

Nice! I haven't tried any Ommegang, but I've had a hankerin' for some Belgian beer for a while.

but new job. 8 mile commute. awesome sauce...

Right on! Congrats on the job.

Yes but... Aren't you like 2 years past retirement age?!

LMAO!!! :thumbup:

"If your lucky you'll live to be an old man too, keep talking about me and you wont be so lucky" --:D-- My father said this after i called him an old man. He is 54 or 55 now. But I been calling him an old man since he was 40.

Spike - Condolences and prayers for you and your friend's family.

Bladite - Congrats! Hope it's a great one even when the new and shiny has worn off.

"If your lucky you'll live to be an old man too, keep talking about me and you wont be so lucky" --:D-- My father said this after i called him an old man. He is 54 or 55 now. But I been calling him an old man since he was 40.

Love it! I'm going to have to make that saying my own with the whippersnappers around these parts.

Next time though, could you use a bigger font. It's getting harder to read this little stuff ever since I hit 40 a few years ago. ;)

Love it! I'm going to have to make that saying my own with the whippersnappers around these parts.

Next time though, could you use a bigger font. It's getting harder to read this little stuff ever since I hit 40 a few years ago. ;)

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!! :D :D :D

Im 30, 40 aint that far away anymore.

Spike - Sorry for your loss. I hope that you and the rest of his family and friends are able to share a thousand and one good stories and memories about him. That's how I would want it.

Bladite - Congrats on the new gig! I have always hated a long commute but have been fortunate to work within 10 mies of my home for the better part of the last 20 years.

Dunkem - that's only funny because it is so true. LOL!!! I've been catching a little grief from the guys at work because I'm turning 45 next week. One of them asked me if old age was as bad as it looks. I just told him that it took me nearly 45 years to look this way. What's his excuse? Seriously the guy is about 50lbs over weight and insists on wearing really tight clothes every day.

Good news is my wife and I both get paid today and I've got a three day weekend. I'll be off Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. So maybe a road trip to Enchanted Rock if I can get my wife to come along. I've never been and would like to check it out.

Hey WW - I saw your post with your son. What a great lookin little chip of the old block! I'll bet he'll be giving you and your wife a run for your money for the next 15 years or so. He just looks like the kid that everybody wanted to hang out with and was always on the verge of some kinda mischief. :thumbup:

Dunkem - that's only funny because it is so true. LOL!!!

44 here. I've been wearing glasses since I was 7 and for the last couple of years I've been thinking it's about to be bifocals time. So far the eye doc has made some adjustments so I haven't had to go there, but I don't know how much longer I can hold out. Fortunately? Sadly? the doc said it was time for the wife to make the shift this year. She couldn't stand them and went back to her old glasses. (I guess it's fortunate for me. I'm not exactly eye candy. (Some might say much worse.) Now maybe she won't be as prone to notice.)

Keep that positivity going!!! Some days it's all you've got. My wife and I are about a month apart in age. She's younger. But we both look about 5 - 10 years younger than we are. Must be all that good clean living. ;)

I gave her my birthday wish list last week but then I got a couple of packages in the mail and she's not too happy so I'm not thinking that she's gonna come through too big for me. But honestly I'll be happy with a good steak and some friends and family time. That is all I really need or even want.

Those are about the best presents going. The rest of it is just stuff. And since the combination of the interwebs and credit cards, stuff is pretty easy to get.

Gol dangit. So I'm looking to upgrade my phone, right now I have the first Droid and I like it but it's old and has issues. Thing is, I like the size of it and I don't hardly watch videos or anything on it so I don't need or even want a large display. However everyone else does so even "mini" phones are actually larger than my droid is. Some not by much but still. So far the galaxy S4 mini is looking to be my best bet.

First World Problems. LOL!!!:D

I know, right? I finally settled on a refurbished Droid 4 from the river for $50. I came across one that was beyond perfect but it was almost $400. So I saved that one in the wish list for when it comes down. In a couple years I can probably get the same deal on it as I did on the Droid 4. Which is the same deal I got on my current phone a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back