Snarking at the speed of sludge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fathers new knife.. But he already forced a patina on it so its not as shiny anymore LOL

Randall model 25- 5"
15486089629_91481a8e8c.jpg

I think its a really nice looking knife.... But its not the knife i would of personally got at that price. He did get a good deal on it though. A bit cheaper than any of the places online that has them in stock, but still a little more expensive than the randall website. But at the randall website you also have a 4 year waiting list. But still... If/when im spending $500+ on a knife... Its a lot bigger than that!

Fathers new knife.. But he already forced a patina on it so its not as shiny anymore LOL

Randall model 25- 5"
15486089629_91481a8e8c.jpg

I think its a really nice looking knife.... But its not the knife i would of personally got at that price. He did get a good deal on it though. A bit cheaper than any of the places online that has them in stock, but still a little more expensive than the randall website. But at the randall website you also have a 4 year waiting list. But still... If/when im spending $500+ on a knife... Its a lot bigger than that!

I've bought roadworthy cars for less than that...

I've bought roadworthy cars for less than that...

Cheapest car i have ever bought for myself was an S10, used but it had less than 30,000 miles, this was back in 2001 or so and i got/financed it for 9 grand. It was in amazing shape. Had a nice hard top back cover painted to match and all. Loved that little truck.

The car my wife has now we payed cash for and its the absolute cheapest we ever payed on a vehicle. The guy wanted 2500, we went with 2500 but thinking he would negotiate i asked if he would take 2000, he said sure!! So i handed him 2 grand and we drove off LOL I really thought he would say how about 2400, or even say the price was firm.. But he took the 2 grand quick. We have had the car for 3-4 years now and the only problems we have had was the alternator going out twice, and a loose belt iirc. Its a nissan sentra and still has less than 130K miles on it.

Man 6am came quick. I finished up my first knife though.

[video=youtube;184ZOj7wG-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=184ZOj7wG-A[/video]

I already got the alert and checked out your video WW. That knife turned out pretty nice and you got it scary sharp. Nice job all around.

Man 6am came quick. I finished up my first knife though.

[video=youtube;184ZOj7wG-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=184ZOj7wG-A[/video]

Nice work WW. You did good. :thumbup:

My condolences for the loss of your friend Spike

Congrats on the job Bladite

Sweet knife WW!

Time for work!

:thumbup:
LMAO!!!

"If your lucky you'll live to be an old man too, keep talking about me and you wont be so lucky" --:D-- My father said this after i called him an old man. He is 54 or 55 now. But I been calling him an old man since he was 40.

Old man is 54-55 huh?... Old?... I didn't realize you were such a young punk, wood. :D:D

Doc

Old man is 54-55 huh?... Old?... I didn't realize you were such a young punk, wood. :D:D

Doc

I know right ? To me Doc, old is 80. Thats when my grandma said she really first started to feel like she was old, so thats the bar for me.

Doc

Old-er then us young punks ;) SNARK!

18 more days until I cross the threshold from 30... to in my 30's...

Thank you very much everyone!!

Now.. been up all night, kids are in school... Time for a nap!!

Happy Halloween everyone.

Lemme ask y'all something: if you were out in the field/combat-zone/duck-blind/deer-stand with your favorite firearm and could only have one precision-ground gunsmithing screwdriver in your pocket in case you needed it to help to field-strip your gun and/or clear a foul, what size would that screwdriver be?

Same way you sterilize kittens; bleach, shake vigorously and rinse with hot water.

Off to the quote thread with you!

Classic choice. Don't sweat the sticker-shock... Randalls are like Harleys or Gibson guitars... they hold their value really well. :thumbup:

I'm impressed with your knife's performance, worldwood. Keep up the good work! :)

Cheapest car i have ever bought for myself was an S10, used but it had less than 30,000 miles, this was back in 2001 or so and i got/financed it for 9 grand. It was in amazing shape. Had a nice hard top back cover painted to match and all. Loved that little truck.

The car my wife has now we payed cash for and its the absolute cheapest we ever payed on a vehicle. The guy wanted 2500, we went with 2500 but thinking he would negotiate i asked if he would take 2000, he said sure!! So i handed him 2 grand and we drove off LOL I really thought he would say how about 2400, or even say the price was firm.. But he took the 2 grand quick. We have had the car for 3-4 years now and the only problems we have had was the alternator going out twice, and a loose belt iirc. Its a nissan sentra and still has less than 130K miles on it.

The cheapest one I got was an '85 caprice wagon for $350 and it ran and I even drove it home. It really didn't need anything either. Next was a '74 Pontiac Catalina for $400. Needed an exhaust manifold gasket, that I never replaced, and the interior was kinda dirty. Most expensive vehicle was a '90 F250 that I paid $3000 for in $100 bills. I've financed two vehicles in my life and both times it was a horrible decision. I'll never do it again.

Ive always like the Randal knives. When I was a little kid my I remember my dad had a original sales brochure from The Randal father back when everything was still handmade by him. Probably looked at thing a million times. Dont know what happened to it. That thing itself is probably worth something.

I got you both beat on the car. The least I ever paid for a car was $250. bucks, it was a 80 something 4 door toyota camery. It was setting in my sister in laws field for about 3 years. I put a set of used tired on it, a battery and drove it back and forth to work for four years, it sure wasn't going to win any car shows but it was comfortable to drive, had cold A/C, good heater, sunroof. I finally sold it for $400. bucks when I could afford a better vehicle.

Used to be years ago this wasn't a uncommon thing to buy a $1000. dollar car and drive it for years. Of coarse thanks to the cash for clunkers that our government came up with to bail out the auto industry, that all over with.

Classic choice. Don't sweat the sticker-shock... Randalls are like Harleys or Gibson guitars... they hold their value really well. :thumbup:

I'm impressed with your knife's performance, worldwood. Keep up the good work! :)

My father said the Randall rep said he could take that knife and throw it in a safe with a 100 dollar bill and in 10 years the 100 dollar bill wont be worth nothing but the knife will be worth more than he paid. That knife wont ever see the inside of a safe though. He is already using it every chance he can. Its the best knife he ever owned, i doubt he ever spent even 100 bucks on a knife before this...I think all my talking about knives to him is what pushed him to get a good one. But he wouldnt of paid that money for something he was going to "collect" and not use.

And thanks for the comment on my knife!! Means a lot coming from people with so much talent!!

Gol dangit. So I'm looking to upgrade my phone, right now I have the first Droid and I like it but it's old and has issues. Thing is, I like the size of it and I don't hardly watch videos or anything on it so I don't need or even want a large display. However everyone else does so even "mini" phones are actually larger than my droid is. Some not by much but still. So far the galaxy S4 mini is looking to be my best bet.
Thumbs way up on the S4 Mini. Although I saw you got a refurb Droid, so mebbe next time. As for age and glasses, if gou need 'em, get 'em....and to hell with what anyone else has to say about 'em. They'll be getting them soon enough, no matter what kind of denial they have. I've been wearing corrective lenses for 45+ years and now I wear reading glasses AND contacts. And they keep printing stuff smaller and smaller....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back