Snarking in a Becker Wonderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, that’s a big ol’ eye AC! Congrats on your PB. Only been out once this year, twas pretty slow. Just a couple of dinky ones. Need to head out again soon.

Damn, that’s a big ol’ eye AC! Congrats on your PB. Only been out once this year, twas pretty slow. Just a couple of dinky ones. Need to head out again soon.

Thanks! I've caught bigger pike and catfish, but walleye are really my passion when it comes to fishing. I didn't expect it, but after I landed it, I was shaking with adrenaline.

Just got home. Weather didn't cooperate overly well, but was good to get back down there for the first time in over two months. We were gonna stay until tomorrow, but there's blizzard like conditions heading our way again.

Good to have you back, Dubs. Glad you made it out in time.
Thanks man. We were tempted to stay, and get snowed in, haha, but decided it best to get out while we could. It was supposed to rain, then turn to ice, then snow. That could have made a very treacherous ride on the lane back there.

My Fenix e12 kicked the bucket on me! I'm probably going to just order another one, because I really liked it. I've had it at least a couple years and have been pretty hard on it. It's actually impressive that it lasted this long. Before I order another, is there anything else I should look at that's about the same size?

The only AA lights I use with any frequency are Maratacs. (Gifted a 2xAA Fenix to my FiL some 6 years ago. Still running!) I usually keep a AAA twisty on the keychain, and a CR123 clicky in the opposite pocket.
Fenix is still a very viable option, but Olight, Klarus, Zebrlight and Eagletac are also worth considering if you see one with better features or pricing. I really like the EagleTac Titanium - but, again, mine's a CR123.

I have a Luma 900 coming. It doesn’t take batteries, it’s rechargable. I’ll let you guys know how it is when I get it.

I got a couple Acebeam USB single lithium 26650 lights probably 2 years ago. Keep 'em by the front door, and they've pretty much displaced the hot-rodded 6P's, Thrunite, and others bright lights I'd been using. Single battery, plug in every few uses. Very handy, and very bright

Alpha Base, Alpha 17 snow report. The old man is capped, I repeat, the old man is capped.
8a2QB6h.jpg

spent part of the day shoveling snow, part of it splitting wood for a buddy, and part of it helping him get a decent fire going in the shop stove.
much of that with my modded 14 in a pocket.
also finished up the latest Honor Harrington book.
not bad, but it felt like he got bored and wrapped it up too quick at the end -- or maybe he realized he had drawn it all out too long already and decided to cut his losses.

snowmagheddon here. coming along nicely

i hear buffalo ny shutdown airservices until monday, at least. woo.

walleyworld icefish. yum. looks good.

time to read a little, and then early bed.
Speaking of reading, the wife and I did a little antiquing this evening. Looked for the 1906 Kephart edition, but it was a no go. I will find one though. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back