Social Distancing Pics

ujUBaPh.jpg

Trails opening back up this week so I'm able to get a bit further out. Unfortunately still not National Parks/Forest so options are more limited, and I'm afraid that will just lead to more crowding defeating the purpose. Anyhow, making the best of it, and it felt great to stretch my legs and breathe the air.

MPAgowy.jpg

2bA89qc.jpg

VxpuLdp.jpg

ebG6fX7.jpg

xG5MZdk.jpg

Y9oKe6O.jpg

Got over to the other side of the Cascades this weekend towards Central Washington. It was interesting to explore a different habitat, more arid than lush forests I have become accustomed to here in the PNW. It was my first time back over there since we originally drove through coming from Florida in 2017 with all my worldly possessions in tow.

Fun day :thumbsup:

dANcHtk.jpg

3DmyqTD.jpg

mFIw8q1.jpg

tc49aAF.jpg

Trails opening back up this week so I'm able to get a bit further out. Unfortunately still not National Parks/Forest so options are more limited, and I'm afraid that will just lead to more crowding defeating the purpose. Anyhow, making the best of it, and it felt great to stretch my legs and breathe the air.

MPAgowy.jpg

2bA89qc.jpg

VxpuLdp.jpg

ebG6fX7.jpg

xG5MZdk.jpg

Y9oKe6O.jpg

wow. that scenery is breathtaking. with views like that locally..bah, National Parks, who needs 'em? The kid in me would wanna sneak a gal down there to that waterfall on a warm night with a full moon if you get my drift. Whether you stay together or not the next poor schlub won't have an easy time topping that! ;)

Take your sword for a jog and no one will get anywhere within 6 feet of you. :thumbsup:

^ I'm really looking forward to seeing a few pictures of this! :thumbsup:

I got up early, grabbed an SnG for my carry, jammed out the door & hit the I-5 North from Carlsbad up to O'side. I arrived up at the Strand just South of the O'side pier; caught some tasty waves from about 6 a.m. to little after 9....then drove the PCH back down to Carlsbad & pulled into the In & Out wondering if they were open? o_O
It was 9:55 a.m, nobody in line, so I pulled up to the speaker & this chick says: "Welcome to In & Out- what would you like to order?" :)
Talked about stoked! I was their very first customer of the day! :cool: I ordered a couple of double double's, fries & a chocolate shake, pulled up to the window, & used my big blade (custom made German paddle) as to keep my distance while pulling my haul into to my truck....drove just around the corner, turned up some Bob Marley up & then pulled my tailgate down & began chowing down on some tasty burgers & fries with nobody within 50' of me.

96812570_10217922106504436_4515785119604146176_n.jpg 96143206_10217922105784418_928672234061430784_n.jpg 97960007_10217922104384383_5458011286904242176_n.jpg 96368865_10217922104784393_6917476448651444224_n.jpg

I got up early, grabbed an SnG for my carry, jammed out the door & hit the I-5 North from Carlsbad up to O'side. I arrived up at the Strand just South of the O'side pier; caught some tasty waves from about 6 a.m. to little after 9....then drove the PCH back down to Carlsbad & pulled into the In & Out wondering if they were open? o_O
It was 9:55 a.m, nobody in line, so I pulled up to the speaker & this chick says: "Welcome to In & Out- what would you like to order?" :)
Talked about stoked! I was their very first customer of the day! :cool: I ordered a couple of double double's, fries & a chocolate shake, pulled up to the window, & used my big blade (custom made German paddle) as to keep my distance while pulling my haul into to my truck....drove just around the corner, turned up some Bob Marley up & then pulled my tailgate down & began chowing down on some tasty burgers & fries with nobody within 50' of me.

View attachment 1338161 View attachment 1338162 View attachment 1338163 View attachment 1338164
In & Out is awesome!

In & Out is awesome!
Yep, I have to agree.

I have not had a burger from In & Out in ages. The Cardiologist doesn’t want me to eat beef anymore.

He did say I could have one burger a month. In & Out always has a huge line so I end up some where else for my burger fix.

View attachment 1338161 View attachment 1338162 View attachment 1338163 View attachment 1338164
Sounds like you had a very productive chill day KELAMA :cool:. If you were to replace the I-5 North with I-95 North and the Strand with Rye Rocks or The Wall in Hampton NH. It would sound like one of many of the best days of my life I spent with my close friends chasing surf from Hampton New Hampshire to First and Second Beach Rhode Island. Soak it all up, keep making memories, and post some pics of some beach Bettys for us Brah.

Ran across a couple of homeless encampments along a trail:

si0Ov6L.jpg

SGCzFSM.jpg

YdBE08J.jpg

The one with no one currently there made the perfect backdrop for my crappy Pakistan dagger that recently showed up. It's even worse than the ones we used to buy from the used furniture store when we were 12 years old! :D

NAG03Pb.jpg

ivnUMEm.jpg

The wood which was used to build the new platform came from this spot:

EcV2szU.jpg

That one was impressive in scope before it burned down. You can see they even cut steps into the side of the hill.

A couple of police were at the top of the one embankment behind me while I took pictures with the dagger, and they did not care. The important thing is I was social distancing, AND wearing a mask. ;) A cheap Pakistan dagger just helps complete the social distancing package, really. :)

Back