SODBUSTERS... bust 'em out, work 'em hard and show 'em off

My sharpest trifecta. :)

1. Otter for the win :thumbsup: ( flat ground carbon)
2. Yellow Case ( hollow ground carbon )
3. Chestnut bone Case ( flat ground stainless )

I am not sure the steel had as much to do with it as the fact that practicing your sharpening skills pays off and each subsequent soddie was a bit sharper than the previous.

All 3 are very sharp but the Otter that I just did is VERY sharp :cool:

qGZkzKW.jpg

w6LjAJk.jpg

Do you guys find Case knives generally come dull from the factory? I love Sodbusters and just grabbed my first yellow delrin CV, but the thing can barely get through apple skin. I’ll be able to sort things out myself; I was just wondering if this is common..

Do you guys find Case knives generally come dull from the factory? I love Sodbusters and just grabbed my first yellow delrin CV, but the thing can barely get through apple skin. I’ll be able to sort things out myself; I was just wondering if this is common..
You will get varying opinions on this, but all mine have come sharp from the factory, and i mean sharp, in both CV and SS. I may have been just plain lucky though and had the right person on the right day on the sharpening stage at the factory.

Mine have arrived sharp, I’ve had to remove a burr on a few, but overall happy with factory edges.

Back