SODBUSTERS... bust 'em out, work 'em hard and show 'em off

Any blade rap on the plows? I have it on my burgundy
None on either the Burgundy or Bocote thankfully. And I've snapped both closed a bunch of times.
These are one of the very few knives I've ever bought that I didn't need to do anything except stick them in my pocket.
No flushing out, sharpening or anything. The liners have some sharp edges, both around the backspring and blade well,
but that's easily corrected with a jewelers file, sandpaper or simple handling and use.
Very happy with both my PLOWS now that I've 'massaged' the pattern on the Bocote to my liking.
Oh, and the micarta seems a little more 'grippy' than the relatively smooth Bocote.
The micarta even rides the pocket a little better because of the micarta slight surface texture clinging to the pocket,
but I think the micarta may smooth out a bit too in time.

There have been at least 2 runs on the PLOW and mine are the latest. Maybe there was a blade rap problem before and since been corrected?

None on either the Burgundy or Bocote thankfully. And I've snapped both closed a bunch of times.
These are one of the very few knives I've ever bought that I didn't need to do anything except stick them in my pocket.
No flushing out, sharpening or anything. The liners have some sharp edges, both around the backspring and blade well,
but that's easily corrected with a jewelers file, sandpaper or simple handling and use.
Very happy with both my PLOWS now that I've 'massaged' the pattern on the Bocote to my liking.
Oh, and the micarta seems a little more 'grippy' than the relatively smooth Bocote.
The micarta even rides the pocket a little better because of the micarta slight surface texture clinging to the pocket,
but I think the micarta may smooth out a bit too in time.

There have been at least 2 runs on the PLOW and mine are the latest. Maybe there was a blade rap problem before and since been corrected?
Maybe but I bought my burgundy plow 2.5 weeks ago so I would assume it's a later run. I like everything else about it though.

I have a very tiny one.
I sharpened it away when I did the initial first sharpening and reprofile and committed myself to gently close it moving forward lol

Then one day I forgot, slammed the thing and caused a really really tiny dent again.
I'd be the same way. Having to carefully close a knife isn't always going to happen lol

Maybe but I bought my burgundy plow 2.5 weeks ago so I would assume it's a later run. I like everything else about it though.
I'm sorry you are experiencing blade rap with the Burgundy.
I mentioned earlier in this thread about a CV Sod Buster Jr in Chestnut bone of mine that does have blade rap.
It's frustrating and disappointing. I've managed to sharpen the flat spot away and I THINK the problem is corrected.
I can't be sure and always walk the blade closed. It has turned me off from buying other SB Jr's in anything other than Delrin.

CEA71077-E348-4-D2-D-A438-7-E2-D9-FB79-FDA.jpg

It has turned me off from buying other SB Jr's in anything other than Delrin.

Sorry to hear that Jim. These are some of my Case Sod Buster and Sod Buster Jr. knives. The top three in the middle are Sod Buster knives while the rest of them are Sod Buster Jr. knives. I've yet to run across a Case Sod Buster or Sod Buster Jr. that has blade rap. Maybe I've just been lucky but I've found that regardless of manufacture, a couple/three sharpenings takes care of it.

1622399340885.png

None of these has blade rap either. Give the Case Sod Buster Jr. knives another chance. I think you'll be glad you did.

1622399561156.png

Oh. It never hurts to slow walk a knife blade closed - rap or no rap.

Last edited:
I've yet to run across a Case Sod Buster or Sod Buster Jr. that has blade rap.

View attachment 1573625

None of these has blade rap either. Give the Case Sod Buster Jr. knives another chance. I think you'll be glad you did.
I’m with Ed, I’ve never had one with blade rap, some blade play on a few, but no rap. Ed, every time I see your collection I’m reminded...I need or Delrin! 😉👍
7C92D34B-0EDE-4EA1-AC15-362AF40FB30F.jpeg

Sorry to hear that Jim. These are some of my Case Sod Buster and Sod Buster Jr. knives. The top three in the middle are Sod Buster knives while the rest of them are Sod Buster Jr. knives. I've yet to run across a Case Sod Buster or Sod Buster Jr. that has blade rap. Maybe I've just been lucky but I've found that regardless of manufacture, a couple/three sharpenings takes care of it.

View attachment 1573625

View attachment 1573630

Oh. It never hurts to slow walk a knife blade closed - rap or no rap.
I really like those! What colors are they?

Last edited:
I’m with Ed, I’ve never had one with blade rap, some blade play on a few, but no rap. Ed, every time I see your collection I’m reminded...I need or Delrin! 😉👍
View attachment 1573974

Now that's a nice collection and I can't think of a better storage box for them. Steven Wharn Wharn sent me a Halloween theme just like the one on the lower right jn your box - it's the best fun knife in my entire knife collection.

I really like those! What colors are they?

All three of the knives pictured are Deep Canyon Autumn Bone. They just go to show how Case knives can vary in their treatment even though they are from the same run - from almost no blackening to heavy blackening. I particularly like these three because they have no shield.

1622485582930.png

Here is one with Pocket Worn Harvest Orange Bone covers. It has a shield. I'd much prefer it without a shield.

1622486169252.png

Now that's a nice collection and I can't think of a better storage box for them. Steven Wharn Wharn sent me a Halloween theme just like the one on the lower right jn your box - it's the best fun knife in my entire knife collection.
Thanks Ed, I have some foam under the felt, so if I need to move them all I have to do is close the lid and they are secure. Stackable too, not to mention how enjoyable it is emptying the box!👍

All three of the knives pictured are Deep Canyon Autumn Bone. They just go to show how Case knives can vary in their treatment even though they are from the same run - from almost no blackening to heavy blackening. I particularly like these three because they have no shield.

View attachment 1574246

Here is one with Pocket Worn Harvest Orange Bone covers. It has a shield. I'd much prefer it without a shield.

View attachment 1574258
So what you're telling me is I need multiple of all the bone sodbusters? :D

That is wild in just how big of difference those are.

View attachment 1574246

View attachment 1574258
Night shift definitely looks different from what the Day and Eve shift were making :D ... NICE ED !!!

Back