Some SAK love

I think we're still resisting screwtops, but resistance always fails eventually. Although we haven't gone metric yet.
I don't mind a synthetic cork, but the corkscrew ritual is part of the fun of a bottle of wine. I always have a dedicated corkscrew, though; never trusted the little ones on knives.

I'm in. I was in a local, big outdoor store yesterday killing time and lo and behold they had a SAK set consisting of a Tinker and a Classic for a price that I thought was too good to pass up. My first Victorinoxes (Victorinoxi?).

I've been cleaning out my parents place for the last year and have come across 3 Chinese knockoffs. Two that are classic size and one close to the Tinker. The difference in quality between the real thing and the knockoffs is stunning. I've been a Leatherman type of guy when it came to multitools (pliers are handy), but I'm liking these. Especially the Tinker. I think I'll give it some EDC time.

Sorry, even SAKs with pocket clips are not appropriate for this sub-forum. Thanks.

I’ll get us back on track with an old Lumberjack...
7720_F78_C-_A72_D-484_F-8_CA6-_A27_DC1_BB478_B.jpg

I won this Blue Alox Cadet in a giveaway hosted by Tom @Whetstone39 and I've been enjoying it immensely. Even more so than I expected. I plan to look for another Alox model at the knife show this weekend. Maybe a Solo or a Pioneer.

This pic was taken the day I received my Cadet but since then I've filed off the key ring attachment and had it engraved with a date that is special to me. Such a great little knife.
Blue Alox Cadet.JPG

They are called dog bones informally and I believe there are multiple model names, duchess being one of them the other might be a princess

I have this Red Alox Farmer. No idea how old it is.

pcb5JUr.jpg

The tang stamp on the mark side is:

VICTORINOX
SWITZERLAND
STAINLESS
ROSTFREI

There is no marking on the pile side of the tang or anywhere else on the knife.

Last edited:
Back