Song Sung BLUE: Blue-handled Traditional Knives

I don't know how I missed this thread before but here's one that I re-scaled last fall.

I got it from my then geology teacher, it was in a tray with a bunch of cheapo steak knives being used as a scratcher! Once I finished it he gave it to his son.

There was a WIP thread if you wish to read it.
http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/toothpick-rescue.1427675/

cpw62mY.jpg

tGHLhmm.jpg

Here's a relatively new canoe of mine. I'm not a Freemason, but I like canoes, and I like some mathematical components of the knife, and blue is a favorite color!
xPaKt91.jpg

yF2AhEh.jpg

- GT

Maybe blue box elder?

Gc5Pxwc.jpg

eajUhTD.jpg

XfrU7xj.jpg

blrh3Vi.jpg
Y'know, mine doesn't look like any maple I've ever seen; having been told it was maple, I could only guess that the Burl factor was throwing me off.

Yet, my knife is clearly clad in the same wood you're showing here!

(Beautiful little knife!)

Box Elder, then. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the clarification. :)

~ P.

Pert, the closeup looks like an El Greco painting!

I was thinking van Gogh's The Starry Night. :D

IMG_8096.jpg~original

1280px-Van_Gogh_-_Starry_Night_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

Either way, beautiful knife, P.! :thumbsup:

Barrett, that was my immediate association as well, and I was meaning to hunt up the image you just did as a reference. I hadn't realized how closely the wood hews to the painting until seeing them together, here. Thanks. :)

A Schrade stockman from near the end of the USA production.
View attachment 786312 View attachment 786313

Interesting jigging on that one, smiling-knife smiling-knife !

Indeed-- visually attractive, with what looks to be all the right kinds of grippy.

~ P.

smiling-knife smiling-knife
Looks like what canal street cutlery called rope jigged bone, or something similar. Since Canal street had a Schrade exec, maybe it carried over. I never saw it on Schrade just csc. Thx for sharing.

How bout this Gordo:

oYQJYMl.jpg

That damascus could be another El Greco painting!

Last edited:
Back