Specs And Pricing For The TNT-15 Sword

Will probably put a great big swedge down the spine. Will be interesting to see how much material needs to be removed to get the balance in a better place.

However it’s done, would be a lot more efficient to be done in the factory before the HT.
I've been considering whether or not to pay someone to grind a fuller in... Our an aggressive swedge, to remove forward weight to move the POB closer to the guard.

Well what I ended up doing was to grind down the entire flat on each side, but angling back slightly to the spine, like a dagger grind. That dropped maybe 1/8" or so of thickness at the spine. Then I added a long swedge at a steeper angle. I am trying to find where I put my kitchen scale to figure out how much actual metal was removed.

I got mixed results. On the one hand, while I only moved the balance point back about 3/16" of an inch - which isn't surprising since so little weight is in the handle, comparative to the blade - the blade is noticably easier to move in figure-eights. It is now closer to my modded 1311.

On the other hand I should not have tried to grind after it bit my right thumb, because that cost me control on the grinder and . . . mistakes were made. Especially since I was using a fresh 36 grit belt. It will take a lot longer to clean this up than it did to just hog off steel, sigh.

No pics until I clean this mess up to make it presentable. Not much visually changed anyway except the finish on the flats.

The next step is to find a way to wrap the handle where I can add a bit of weight to the pommel. That did wonders for my 1311.

The TNT-15 measurements have a ratio of 1 to 2, when 1 is equal to the handle length of 7.5” & 2 is equal to the blade length of 15” which is exactly twice the length of the handle. With this formula on a larger scale, I could see a 12” handle with a 24” blade. The Yard Stick. Ruler of the Yard.

Would be cool if in the future there was a limited run of TNT-15’s with red Res-C handles. Call it the Res-Q handle.

Edit to add that an orange Res-C handle on a search and rescue style knife would also make a good Res-Q Dog.
TYS-24, love the yard stick idea haha

No pics until I clean this mess up to make it presentable. Not much visually changed anyway except the finish on the flats.

The next step is to find a way to wrap the handle where I can add a bit of weight to the pommel. That did wonders for my 1311.

How about a lock, or a bolt/nut combo through the tube? The wrap for comfort could also stop it from flopping around.

I think the design is pretty great, and will be usable for a sword. What ever that means. lol

There are always wants - I prefer a full 2 handed grip, for anything bigger than 10-12”

To me anything larger than a Waki or AK is just closet or wall candy, unless your a ninja on McDojo videos

For those who missed - they said the coated will be available at some point and raw dog was limited. Or they atleast said rawdog will not be available again.

yeahh, i thought i recalled the different colors being limited to the initial offering too

I remember some people were aching for red haha
I would be willing to bet, we see these in a gaanza with cerakote colors. A lot of models have shown up in various camo cerakote’s. I even recall seeing a cool red TG variant.

Well what I ended up doing was to grind down the entire flat on each side, but angling back slightly to the spine, like a dagger grind. That dropped maybe 1/8" or so of thickness at the spine. Then I added a long swedge at a steeper angle. I am trying to find where I put my kitchen scale to figure out how much actual metal was removed.

I got mixed results. On the one hand, while I only moved the balance point back about 3/16" of an inch - which isn't surprising since so little weight is in the handle, comparative to the blade - the blade is noticably easier to move in figure-eights. It is now closer to my modded 1311.

On the other hand I should not have tried to grind after it bit my right thumb, because that cost me control on the grinder and . . . mistakes were made. Especially since I was using a fresh 36 grit belt. It will take a lot longer to clean this up than it did to just hog off steel, sigh.

Mine arrived recently in Australia. I had similar thoughts to you, so I tried roughly the same thing you did, taking off some steel to fix it up a bit.

IMG-8200.jpg

Problematically I don't own a belt grinder, so I had to use an angle grinder.

I find angle grinders a bit hard to control, so my first run was pretty uneven. To fix that up, I had to take even more off the other side. But that was still a little uneven, so I took a bit off the other side again. Anyway, I messed up the tip somehow, so had to take the tip back a bit to fix that, which shortened the length somewhat. I don't know how, but it was still not right, so I kept going. I'm pretty bad with a grinder, did I mention, so I made a few more mistakes, but I kept going, I was determined to get it right. Somewhere in the process I damaged the handle too, this was one of my bigger mistakes, so I had to fix that up as well. Well I kept going like this for a good few hours. In the end I wasn't very happy with the outcome. The edge is still a bit wonky.

Anyway this is what I ended up with.

Thoughts on how to fix it?

IMG-8199.jpg

try to draw file it for a few weeks, much more control, watch your finger and thumb though. mabey those cut proof gloves could make the process safer. it will take hours, patience and persistence i belive would be well rewarded without regrets, so long as you dont cut your self.

try to draw file it for a few weeks, much more control, watch your finger and thumb though. mabey those cut proof gloves could make the process safer. it will take hours, patience and persistence i belive would be well rewarded without regrets, so long as you dont cut your self.
dont forget to say GO! TRICERATOPS! GOOOOO! when you finish.

If I were you, I'd concerned with the amount of metal and rubber dust you have inhaled!
I guess it's a good thing that ATM travel is almost non-existant... I'm quite sure you'd have triggered metal detectors at the airport... and then there would be the strip search... then the orifice search...
Just stay home for a few weeks for your own safty!

Any more Users???

I cut one large plastic pretzel container filled with water.
It Exploded.

Also I tried limbing a tree.

Back