Photos Spyderco Amsterdam Meet 2019 Report

Great work man! Always appreciate your hard work on these threads. The Native Chief looks sweet. Cheers.

Native Chief and Endela on my to-buy list now.
Ya I could see myself getting an endela. I don't own a delica or endura due to size. This will probably be a big hit for spyderco.

The native chief looks intriguing, but probably too large for my edc preferences.

Ya I could see myself getting an endela. I don't own a delica or endura due to size. This will probably be a big hit for spyderco.

The native chief looks intriguing, but probably too large for my edc preferences.

I was thinking about picking up a Police 4 lw before seeing Native Chief. Now it make sense to get the chief first as I already have a g10 k390 Police 4. If Spyderco does sprint runs of Native Chief, it may become a Military killer lol.

To the OP, thanks for putting in the effort, you did a really nice job.

These are the most interesting new offerings I've seen in a while, I'm quite impressed. I only like backlocks and slicers (apple), so there is lots for me so far.

Police 4 LW VG10 - YES
Native Chief S30V - YES
Endela VG10 - Probably (not sure about the handle shape yet- I have to hold it before I decide)

(A Caly 3.5 LW would also be a nice addition to the LW family eventually...)

I've got a Police G10 and really don't need the FRN LW version.

However, the Native Chief fills a niche and will stand by for its release. Won't need to carry my vintage Calypsos/Goddards, my G10 Police or my DLC Military if I've got (a presumably cheaper) Native Chief.

Native chief looks like a performer. A nice thin slicer. LW police4 also looks like it will be on the must have list.

I can't wait to get my hands on that native chief. I EDC a native during the week (it's my primary work knife, and I love it) and the thought of being able to swap it out when I get home from work each day for a 4" version (I prefer larger blades) has me quite excited!

Chief will be amazing with Micarta handles or even CF/G10 lam....but please, for the love of all things <Spyder>holey Mr. @Sal Glesser no peel ply G10, please, thank you! :)

thanks for the pics, Pete

Mate thanks for the videos.
The effort you put in is really appreciated.
Mitch

Spyderco 2019 Production Sample – Native Chief
I have to say that the Native Chief was my favorite of the new knives that Spyderco showed at the meet. Call it nostalgia, as I remember seeing that concept design on the forums back in 1999 or so. This was back in the day, when you had to put a knife on a flatbed scanner, cover it with a cloth and you had a digital image you could share online! That first design was added to the wonderful mini-museum display of the native in the Spyderco Factory Outlet. The current Native Chief flows from the current Native 5 design, and features linerless G-10 handle construction and everything else you’re familiar with on a G-10 Native five, just a lot longer!

This knife felt very light and solid in the hand. It felt lighter and thinner than the Emphasis. The Native Chief’s long slender blade also reminded me of a large Calypso. I can’t wait to get my hands on my own production sample of the native Chief, it’s very high on my wish list!

spyderco_amsterdammeet2019_native.chief_.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2019_native.chief_inhand-2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2019_native.chief_inhand-1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2019_native.chief_profile-2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2019_native.chief_profile-1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2019_native.chief_profile_closed-2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2019_native.chief_profile_closed-1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2019_native.chief_closed.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2019_native.chief_clip.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2019_native.chief_choil.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2019_native.chief_angle-1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2019_native.chief_blade-2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2019_native.chief_blade-1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2019_native.chief_spine-1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2019_native.chief_spine-2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2019_native.chief_jimping.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2019_native.chief_inside.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2019_native.chief_angle-2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2019_native.chief_clipside.jpg

Specifications
Overall Length: 23,1 cm / 9.09 inches
Blade Length: 10,4 cm / 4.09 inches
Blade Thickness: 3 mm / 0.11 inches
Weight: 76 grams / 2.68 ounces

I have no information on pricing or specific release dates.
This is my most anticipated knife in a very long time. It will replace my liner lock Military. I hope this comes out this year.

Back