Spyderco customer service issue

You got the wrong paper by mistake. This mistake has been admitted and apologized for by an official rep.

We know that it got your hopes up, but that's the nature of miscommunication. They apologized and remained cordial with you despite your emotional tantrum.

The real issue is that the knife is lost or held up in the mail. The miscommunication on Spydercos part is a non issue. You are placing far too much of your hurt feelings on the wrong company.

Time to move on. Try not to have such a fit next time you don't get your way. It looks very silly.

Last edited:
It wasnt a custom knife, it was a black bladed endura 4

And they say Americans don't 'get' our sarcasm.

I meant custom as in you not purchasing any more Spyderco knives and them struggling along because of it. The OP's story reminds me of that Faceache post to Spyderco with the chap moaning they won't replace his knife as it was stolen in a burglary. All people make mistakes (unless you are JC), yours was sending a knife (which you considered to be valuable to yourself) the cheapest way possible.

Why not buy another Endura and keep on keeping on? You guys in the States get them for cheap anyways. An Endura over here (UK) costs $120!

Oh the knife being lost is not in any way spyderco's fault. But when they said they were in possesion of my knife, even going as far as highlighting the word "disassembly" under "reasons why we won't replace your knife" and they didn't highlight the word "loss".

When they said they had my knife, in my mind it was them accepting that they are now responsible for it.

This hasn't written off spyderco entirely for me, but merely has put a bad taste in my mouth, and thinking about what happened only gets me going.

So, the company mistakenly mailed you the wrong paperwork, and even owned up to their mistake on a public forum, and that still isn't good enough? I could see the anger if they lied to you, but it was a simple mixing up of paperwork, which a company representative has apologized for. They're still offering a discount* on a new knife, something they are not obligated to do, and a gesture that I don't see many other companies replicating. All because you didn't get tracking on the package before you sent it. The way I see it, there are only two parties at fault here, you and the postal service.

If this little mixup is enough to get you going, then some of the dealings I've had with other knife companies would have been enough to give you a coronary.

*The discount is probably less than most sites because Spyderco does not compete with their dealers.

Bottom line is it's clear you have some blinders on b
With this situation..... Tunnel vision if you will. You have this whole idea that you were lied to over a mix up and that is so far from the truth it's just plain silly. You need to come to your senses about this and just move on..... You causing yoursf a lot of frustration over a sub 100 dollar knife. I know some people where The post service has lost thousand dollar knives.......... They had a real problem lol! I don't know your money situation, so maybe this is the equivalent to you. But i really hope you didn't do this just to get the rep to admit fault like you said. Get a grip and move on....... People make simple mistakes.

Oh the knife being lost is not in any way spyderco's fault. But when they said they were in possesion of my knife, even going as far as highlighting the word "disassembly" under "reasons why we won't replace your knife" and they didn't highlight the word "loss".

When they said they had my knife, in my mind it was them accepting that they are now responsible for it.

This hasn't written off spyderco entirely for me, but merely has put a bad taste in my mouth, and thinking about what happened only gets me going.

What would you like Spyderco to do for you? What are your expectations of the company given the fact that you failed to ship your knife properly, the post office lost your knife, and Spyderco merely sent you the wrong letter?

6a8d5e2df29b383ce48e26cdb58c3fdb.jpg

In my eyes, if they had given me a replacement or credit for a replacement I'd be running up an order for a szabo and para2 right now. But obviously they can't go around giving away knives to people who claim they sent it to em, I totally understand that.
Why would they give you a knife when there is ZERO proof you ever sent them anything? People are in business to make money. Customer service can only go so far.

Hi! Hope you are all doing well. Here's a thought. Give this little lady a call. Tell her ol' Grey sent you. I'm pretty sure she can handle any and all of your SpyderCo needs and concerns......

I don't get it. You're special?

What would you like Spyderco to do for you? What are your expectations of the company given the fact that you failed to ship your knife properly, the post office lost your knife, and Spyderco merely sent you the wrong letter?

He pretty much said he wanted them to give him a free knife. read the post I quoted, two posts up. He wanted something for nothing. He couldn't afford the $2 to get delivery confirmation or whatever amount of loons that is, so he wants Spyderco to just take his argumentative word for it.

So, the company mistakenly mailed you the wrong paperwork, and even owned up to their mistake on a public forum, and that still isn't good enough? I could see the anger if they lied to you, but it was a simple mixing up of paperwork, which a company representative has apologized for. They're still offering a discount* on a new knife, something they are not obligated to do, and a gesture that I don't see many other companies replicating. All because you didn't get tracking on the package before you sent it. The way I see it, there are only two parties at fault here, you and the postal service.

If this little mixup is enough to get you going, then some of the dealings I've had with other knife companies would have been enough to give you a coronary.

*The discount is probably less than most sites because Spyderco does not compete with their dealers.

I agree. Spyderco was not at fault here. It was the post offices fault for losing your knife(if thats what evan really happened) and your fault for not spending what..a few extra bucks to add tracking on your package. You should have waited to mail in your knife once you had the money to add tracking. I would never mail in an expensive knife or anything of value without tracking. Thats your own fault. This actually shows how great spydercos CS actually is. They offered you almost 50% msrp on your next purchase, for a first time buyer, someone they dont know from a whole in the wall, thats pretty awsome. Ya you can probably get a knife from a dealer for less then the 50% off msrp spyderco offered you, but its the point that they evan offered you this in the first place for a situation they were not at fault for. And its pretty awsome how spyderco evan took time out of their day to evan investigate this situation and then giving an explanation and appology for the mistake they made on their end to the OP and everyone else on this forum. If i were you i would be satisfied from that alone. Good job spyderco! You earned points in my book.

Right. Because it's that way in your mind. Why didn't you say so before? That changes everything.

J
And they say Americans don't 'get' our sarcasm.

I meant custom as in you not purchasing any more Spyderco knives and them struggling along because of it. The OP's story reminds me of that Faceache post to Spyderco with the chap moaning they won't replace his knife as it was stolen in a burglary. All people make mistakes (unless you are JC), yours was sending a knife (which you considered to be valuable to yourself) the cheapest way possible.

Why not buy another Endura and keep on keeping on? You guys in the States get them for cheap anyways. An Endura over here (UK) costs $120!

If you had read my posts you'd know I'm not American

Maybe he'll get a free jarbenza....
the funniest part is how he said he didn't expect anything for free but then expected a FULL credit for his knife being lost by the post office.......

Originally Posted by Haredeenee View Post

"In my eyes, if they had given me a replacement or credit for a replacement I'd be running up an order for a szabo and para2 right now. But obviously they can't go around giving away knives to people who claim they sent it to em, I totally understand that."

give me a break dude.......

the funniest part is how he said he didn't expect anything for free but then expected a FULL credit for his knife being lost by the post office.......

He should be bugging the Post Office...they're the ones who lost the knife.

Back