Spyderco customer service issue

I read it all the first time. Sounds more like a rabid fan jumping to conclusions and making some pretty serious accusations with nothing substantial to support it.

woohoo, someones is coming to the rescue :p

since you would like to know about me.... im much more of a ZT fan lately, and have branched out to protechs since autos are legal in my neck of the woods. Do I like spyderco products? sure I do :)! Rabid fan? Not so much lol...... missed your mark on that one, but was a nice try at a personal shot lol. I read this thread the same as you did, and came to my own personal opinion just like you did. You don't have to like it, I personally don't care if you do or not. YMMV but I wont play this tit for tat personal vendetta game with you because you don't like what I have to say.

woohoo, someones is coming to the rescue :p

since you would like to know about me.... im much more of a ZT fan lately, and have branched out to protechs since autos are legal in my neck of the woods. Do I like spyderco products? sure I do :)! Rabid fan? Not so much lol...... missed your mark on that one, but was a nice try at a personal shot lol. I read this thread the same as you did, and came to my own personal opinion just like you did. You don't have to like it, I personally don't care if you do or not. YMMV but I wont play this tit for tat personal vendetta game with you because you don't like what I have to say.

Me, I'm not trashing a new guy that obviously sounds like he is very young and giving him the benefit of the doubt. Sure he was mistaken about Spyderco having his knife but I'm not going to lynch him for it.

Add that in with the fact you are trying to ruin him on here for a mistake he made by making serious accusations with no real evidence. I think that says enough about what kind of people we both are so I'll let it go at that and let you have the last word.

Me, I'm not trashing a new guy that obviously sounds like he is very young and giving him the benefit of the doubt. Sure he was mistaken about Spyderco having his knife but I'm not going to lynch him for it.

Add that in with the fact you are trying to ruin him on here for a mistake he made by making serious accusations with no real evidence. I think that says enough about what kind of people we both are so I'll let it go at that and let you have the last word.

ill gladly take the last word..... very nice of you btw ;) Oh, and I still wont resort to personal shots towards you.... I think that goes nicely with your last sentence :)
No one is lynching him lol....... I have an opinion, and even stated that if they had received the knife that this would be a completely different story. What I don't like, is people who feel that they are owed something from a company or person who has absolutely nothing to do with the problem they currently find themselves in. They didn't have to offer him anything for his troubles, but they clearly wanted to keep him as a customer and offered a knife at a discount..... even after this he continued to express his disdain for a company that never received the product mentioned. The fact that a customer service representative of SPyderco publicly apologized for the mishap and offered something for his troubles is absolutely awesome and unheard of! Most of the time these things are handled in private...... he decided to throw it back in their face. I'd say that's lacking more than just alittle something, if you get what I mean. I will say that while I respect your opinion, I don't share it.... your inability to understand this concept is clear but understood by me because neither one of us is basing our opinions on knowing this person or having all the evidence. Your welcome to your opinion and I will stick by mine. The first red flag that wasn't picked up on was that he joined this forum and immediately posted this in the spyderco forum(most likely to garner more attention)..... not only that but this thread should have been posted in the feedback section.....being that its here seems as a cry for attention, or stomping your feet to try and get what you want. Hell.... I first though this was in the feedback section when I clicked on it via the main bladeforums screen showing the most recent bumped threads, finding out different is bringing this story together even more. Maybe im reaching..... I could be wrong, but ill say it again... its my opinion based off what I have read here today. If im wrong, and this "lost" knife shows up at spyderco and its printed here in this thread..... ill be the first to admit I was wrong and apologize, but until then....

edit: I went back and reread some of this thread again and noticed that he also said " I was looking for an official
Spyderco representative to admit that they sent me documents that contained false information pertaining to the status, and location of my knife" this is adding insult to injury..... maybe it is just me but most of it just doesn't mesh well.

Last edited:
Popsickle and adamg01,

Take your petty infighting and argumentativeness to the appropriate venue, Whine and Cheese......

The short of it is... that the OP failed to read the warranty info posted on the website and properly send his knife with tracking or even insurance.
No company is responsible for items they haven't received or issues out of their control by another person or entity.

Popsickle and adamg01,

Take your petty infighting and argumentativeness to the appropriate venue, Whine and Cheese......

The short of it is... that the OP failed to read the warranty info posted on the website and properly send his knife with tracking or even insurance.
No company is responsible for items they haven't received or issues out of their control by another person or entity.

Whose whining lol? I'm not here to cause problems :) I stated an opinion in a thread that clearly wasn't welcome by a member here. I don't hold a grudge over that. Shall we get back to our regularly scheduled programming? I'm game for that :)

I'm done with the fighting as I don't have a desire to break any more rules. I'll just choose not to take the bait next time I choose to voice an opinion. Sorry about that

Popsickle and adamg01,

Thank you, yet another reason why I hadn't joined earlier was that some users were quite obnoxious and the site dosnt have a built in "hide all from this user" function.

The reason I did join this forum is because I was told that Sal and other representatives of spyderco often reply to threads pertaining to spyderco. So yeah I guess I did join to garner attention..... from official spyderco representatives.

And yes it's 100% my fault I didn't track the knife. But on paper, it says they got the knife. And I was deeply saddened when the rep told me the official papers I was sent contained false information.

And I never threw it back in their face, sure I was pissed on the phone to learn that spyderco had lied about the location/status of my knife, but on the forums I took a "thanks but no thanks" approach.

Thank you, yet another reason why I hadn't joined earlier was that some users were quite obnoxious and the site dosnt have a built in "hide all from this user" function.

The reason I did join this forum is because I was told that Sal and other representatives of spyderco often reply to threads pertaining to spyderco. So yeah I guess I did join to garner attention..... from official spyderco representatives.

And yes it's 100% my fault I didn't track the knife. But on paper, it says they got the knife. And I was deeply saddened when the rep told me the official papers I was sent contained false information.

And I never threw it back in their face, sure I was pissed on the phone to learn that spyderco had lied about the location/status of my knife, but on the forums I took a "thanks but no thanks" approach.

This site does have an "ignore user" function, but IIRC it is only available to paid members.
As far as I can see, you weren't told anything different by email than you were here on the forum.
By your attitude in both, you should consider yourself lucky to have gotten consideration at all.
Just for future reference, this isn't the spyderco service and support forum.

i......noticed that he also said " I was looking for an official
Spyderco representative to ........

Hi! Hope you are all doing well. Here's a thought. Give this little lady a call. Tell her ol' Grey sent you. I'm pretty sure she can handle any and all of your SpyderCo needs and concerns......

Good god on ice skates, get a grip guys....I will now bombard you all with pics... Sorry bout your knife. It will prop still show up international mail takes weeks and weeks if gets held up in customs, my son has long hair, we love spyderco, their CS has always been great to us, the dragonfly is the wife's edc
IMG_20140112_193425.jpg
IMG_20131110_201117.jpg
IMG_20131110_201538.jpg
IMG_20131112_173911.jpg
IMG_20140112_193102.jpg

Spyderco did not lie to you. They made an honest mistake and sent you the wrong form letter. The letters are not individually written for each customer, they are pre written letters with the customer info populated from their database. They merely selected the wrong one from the dozens of choices they have. They are not at fault for your knife being lost. If you are basing your decision to not purchase their products based on them making an honest mistake that is your loss. Spyderco is a stand up company that goes above and beyond for their customers, which is what they did here by offering you a discount for something that was not their fault. I suggest you contact the post office and take it up with them, because you are barking up the wrong tree here.

Spyderco did not lie to you. They made an honest mistake and sent you the wrong form letter. The letters are not individually written for each customer, they are pre written letters with the customer info populated from their database. They merely selected the wrong one from the dozens of choices they have. They are not at fault for your knife being lost. If you are basing your decision to not purchase their products based on them making an honest mistake that is your loss. Spyderco is a stand up company that goes above and beyond for their customers, which is what they did here by offering you a discount for something that was not their fault. I suggest you contact the post office and take it up with them, because you are barking up the wrong tree here.

Lol........

Spyderco did not lie to you.

Agreed.
Haredeenee, you seem to have some sort of an "I'm a victim" thing going on and no amount of information to the contrary seems to be getting through to you. No one lied to you. The mistake, other than the wrong letter, was your fault and your fault only. The fact is that Spyderco , despite your apparent abruptness or even rudeness seemed willing to try to help you out despite not being at fault .I'd recommend laying off the false public accusations if it were me. :)

Just another knife persons opinion.

Kristi, thank you for putting together the time line of events for us. It helps me keep things in perspective.

Joe

This thread has done nothing but confirm my love for Spyderco as a corporation. That might not have been the intent but that is my outcome.

Kristi explained it very well.
The OP understood. He's a little upset over the letter, but he'll be over that soon.
No need to stay on him IMO.

OP, this was the fault of the mail system, and not Spyderco. Any company could send out the wrong letter by mistake.
I can understand how that could be frustrating, but understand all companies will make mistakes.

I hope the sour feeling will be gone soon, and you'll purchase another.
Spyderco is to good a company for you to give up on them. I don't think any knife company offers as many steel choices, and I don't think any offer the bang for the buck that Spyderco gives you.

Sorry your knife was lost, and hope you don't write Spyderco off because of it. Not their fault.

Hi! Hope you are all doing well. Here's a thought. Give this little lady a call. Tell her ol' Grey sent you. I'm pretty sure she can handle any and all of your SpyderCo needs and concerns......

He doesn't need to do that.
Kristi has explained it already. No need for him to call one of the owners about it.

It was very patient and admirable of Kristi to go out of her way to explain this and take responsibility for the mistake with the paper. Even offering a discount when Spyderco were in no way responsible for the last knife and were getting such an unpleasant attitude from the OP through all this.

This thread positively reinforces my high opinion of spyderco. Well handled.

Some companies may have the resources to pander to these sort of entitled, unrealistic abusers of CS departments, but I'm glad Spyderco keeps it real.

Oh the knife being lost is not in any way spyderco's fault. But when they said they were in possesion of my knife, even going as far as highlighting the word "disassembly" under "reasons why we won't replace your knife" and they didn't highlight the word "loss".

When they said they had my knife, in my mind it was them accepting that they are now responsible for it.

This hasn't written off spyderco entirely for me, but merely has put a bad taste in my mouth, and thinking about what happened only gets me going.

Back