SPYDERCO SALT THREAD...fishing, ocean, stories, pics and all things "salt"

Surfgringo, congrats on the well-designed Waterway! I will be picking one of these up; nice work!

I really am looking forward to the new Native 5 Salt. It will not be too big but it should be plenty strong. A plus is that it will have a plain edged blade available.

Yea, that's a bright spot in the catalog for sure. I just picked up this Salt 2 but I may have to get one of the Natives when they're released.

Y_cWnVOdYNO_X4wHEKFmIYz6Y8psvnAJUvmJ37z_hn8-Ctm8RwiQ7cI72wWq7uHewWqH-UUWERN0Rd4j3_XYi2gokrqpLNmcD5zEqG7nflZ8UPOMEDzpgWEfVtB5Vl6HluwVDnPN1MA

a7Oe-u32_cA1vxV6Nq0EpjvVT_cXnPTJeJ9jJUudRLsYwnIWLRJffNPWOW5oVnNFBarBmADik4BJ3MVIe0HqRBvP54Kkd6o7sd2IVX3DMEn58Xa9rQRaO9EauDX0Uyk81MLk-fsgujU

Last edited:
Yea, that's a bright spot in the catalog for sure. I just picked up this Salt 2 but I may have to get one of the Natives when they're released.

Y_cWnVOdYNO_X4wHEKFmIYz6Y8psvnAJUvmJ37z_hn8-Ctm8RwiQ7cI72wWq7uHewWqH-UUWERN0Rd4j3_XYi2gokrqpLNmcD5zEqG7nflZ8UPOMEDzpgWEfVtB5Vl6HluwVDnPN1MA

a7Oe-u32_cA1vxV6Nq0EpjvVT_cXnPTJeJ9jJUudRLsYwnIWLRJffNPWOW5oVnNFBarBmADik4BJ3MVIe0HqRBvP54Kkd6o7sd2IVX3DMEn58Xa9rQRaO9EauDX0Uyk81MLk-fsgujU

How does that Salt feel in the hand? How much different does it feel than the Delica? I know it is supposedly thicker.

How does that Salt feel in the hand? How much different does it feel than the Delica? I know it is supposedly thicker.

It fits well. I like the thickness of the scales. Overall my hand would work better with an Endura due to hand size/length but I don't feel cramped or crowded either.

I wanted a knife that I could take to the beach, work out in, etc. The Salt line from Spyderco is about the only thing on the market that will do it and this is the size I wanted while in gym shorts/trunks.

The dark blue made it green, I assume? I'm getting ready to dye one soon. How badly did it stink up the kitchen?

The dark blue made it green, I assume? I'm getting ready to dye one soon. How badly did it stink up the kitchen?

Yea, it looked a lot like the green on the ZDP Spyderco's. I used a dark blue though.

No, not bad at all. I used apple cidar vinegar instead of white.

Cool, thanks. I've got one yellow now and one on the way. I'm going to wait until I get one more, then have a Rit dye party.

Great picture. That is impressive tomato slicing with a Spyderedge. I'll have to give it a shot.

Great news is I found my Pacific Salt exactly where I thought it was—my safe. Apparently the black mesh pocket hides a big yellow handled knife well lol. Even better news for y’all is I was enjoying my current two knife life so it’s posted up for sale in the BST section for one of y’all folks to put to good use :)

Caught a nice size White Tip today (a little over 6 ft.) that was trying to steal my bait. I've been known to do silly things to save a couple of bucks worth of tackle but there's certain places you just shouldn't stick your hand. This is one of those jobs where a serrated edge is much more functional than a plain edge. Those serrations just grab the line and a quick pull cuts through 80lb fluorocarbon like it's not even there.

Back