1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

SPYDERCO SALT THREAD...fishing, ocean, stories, pics and all things "salt"

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Surfingringo, Aug 14, 2013.

1. jstn

jstn Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Surfgringo, congrats on the well-designed Waterway! I will be picking one of these up; nice work!

2. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Yea, that's a bright spot in the catalog for sure. I just picked up this Salt 2 but I may have to get one of the Natives when they're released.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    craytab likes this.
  3. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    How does that Salt feel in the hand? How much different does it feel than the Delica? I know it is supposedly thicker.

4. BMCGear

Jan 4, 2014
    It fits well. I like the thickness of the scales. Overall my hand would work better with an Endura due to hand size/length but I don't feel cramped or crowded either.

I wanted a knife that I could take to the beach, work out in, etc. The Salt line from Spyderco is about the only thing on the market that will do it and this is the size I wanted while in gym shorts/trunks.

5. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Great dye job!

6. BMCGear

Jan 4, 2014
    Thanks man! I'm really happy with it. Left it in there awhile. The red didn't cover as quickly as the dark blue I used last time.

7. cabfrank

cabfrank

Jun 21, 2010
    The dark blue made it green, I assume? I'm getting ready to dye one soon. How badly did it stink up the kitchen?

8. BMCGear

Jan 4, 2014
    Yea, it looked a lot like the green on the ZDP Spyderco's. I used a dark blue though.

No, not bad at all. I used apple cidar vinegar instead of white.

9. cabfrank

cabfrank

Jun 21, 2010
    Cool, thanks. I've got one yellow now and one on the way. I'm going to wait until I get one more, then have a Rit dye party.

10. BMCGear

Jan 4, 2014
    [​IMG]

11. cabfrank

cabfrank

Jun 21, 2010
    Great picture. That is impressive tomato slicing with a Spyderedge. I'll have to give it a shot.

12. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Great news is I found my Pacific Salt exactly where I thought it was—my safe. Apparently the black mesh pocket hides a big yellow handled knife well lol. Even better news for y’all is I was enjoying my current two knife life so it’s posted up for sale in the BST section for one of y’all folks to put to good use :)

13. Korean Hog

Korean Hog Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2017
    [​IMG]
    Little bit of night time fishing to finish the weekend out :)

14. Surfingringo

Surfingringo Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2013
    Caught a nice size White Tip today (a little over 6 ft.) that was trying to steal my bait. I've been known to do silly things to save a couple of bucks worth of tackle but there's certain places you just shouldn't stick your hand. This is one of those jobs where a serrated edge is much more functional than a plain edge. Those serrations just grab the line and a quick pull cuts through 80lb fluorocarbon like it's not even there.

uxo2, jux t, Armadew and 2 others like this.
  15. Surfingringo

Surfingringo Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Enactive

Enactive

Nov 30, 2018
    Yeah man, nice work!

17. MyLegsAreOk

MyLegsAreOk Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2017
    Reviving an old thread are we? Lazarus. Very nice haul and a cool no-nonsense well made knife you did it with.

Fred Sanford likes this.
  18. uxo2

uxo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Atlantic Salt ready.

[​IMG]

19. uxo2

uxo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Atlantic Salt to the rescue. Salad ball tried to keep my Diawa 13 SP Minnow.

[​IMG]

Surfingringo likes this.
  20. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    wildwoodsy and Pokerchip like this.