Spyders That Just MUST Return

Not exactly the same as the previous version, but I’d like to see the full sized dyad in a lightweight version. For me, there’s something quintessentially Spyderco about that design but the triple steel liners and double backspacers make it heavy for a pocket knife.

And I’ve said it before (but everyone ignored me so I’ll say it again), I’d love to see the street Bowie and Temperance 1 fixed blades brought back in a tougher steel - 3v, 4v, cru-wear, etc.

I wouldn't mind seeing an upgraded version of the old Wayne Goddard Lightweight. Perhaps even in a Salt version with a FFG, LC200N blade. I really liked both the handle and blade shape on this knife.

Jim

A new Jess Horn II in micarta or g10 would be an instant buy for me. Luckily I was able to pick up an old one in white micarta, but I'd still love to have an updated one in ffg.

2j0nrxz.jpg

The Almite Navigator, because I lost mine. I do still have the box. I could also go for a sprint run of the 1st Chinook.

A sprint run of the Chokwe would be awesome. I think I remember Sal mentioning a mini version in the works some time ago.

A new Jess Horn II in micarta or g10 would be an instant buy for me. Luckily I was able to pick up an old one in white micarta, but I'd still love to have an updated one in ffg.

2j0nrxz.jpg
There were not a lot of small bladed Spyderco models I was enthused with over the years but the Jess Horn models were an exception. Particularly that old C-27 is just about everyone's "grail" type folder as an ultimate collector piece.
My personal favorite Jess Horn was the 2006 version with ZDP-189 blade steel. That's one I would like to see return but if they wanted to use a newer steel than ZDP-189 would also be fine by me.
And the JD Smith with a Supersteel would also be high on my list of much wanted Sprint Runs.

OK we all know that supply & demand pretty much dictates what a business should sell to maximize their profits and ultimately keep their doors open. No argument there because it's the most elementary principle of any business i.e. Supply & Demand. It goes without saying that many of Spyderco's great past models were deleted from the main line-up at a particular time because of slow sales and waning popularity. But with the plethora of new Spyder-heads and new knife collectors wanting certain past Spyderco models really bad I do believe that the "Great Spyder Factory" should take a close look at swelling demand for certain past models to hopefully return.
First and foremost the Dodo model is probably one of thee most sought after disco'd models out there. And it's been about 15 years since the Spyderedged version was available. Second the grandfather of the Calypso series the C-54 big Calypso model is one that is often spoke of.
Also there are other sentimental favorite models like the C-60 Ayoob ( PE & SE) along with the JD Smith, The SWICK fixed blade model just constantly seem to be sought after. I know that many of you have certain models that you would just love to see return either in the main line up or at the very least in a Sprint Run. So let's talk about past models that you all feel MUST return.
I really regret not getting the large Calypso (light brown FRN handle?).

I really regret not getting the large Calypso (light brown FRN handle?).
If you like the Sprint Run brown G-10 C-54 Calypso then you would absolutely love the original Micarta units in both PE & SE. That was the second best Spyderedged unit I ever used.

Chinook 1 and Tuff. Best knives Spyderco ever made :)
I was kind of surprised that the TUFF model didn't become a permanent fixture in the main line up. The cult following for that model to this very day is pretty big overall. Strangely enough it's also one of about a half a dozen Spyderco models I would like to see in "combo edge". I've personally not yet owned one but it looks like a brute of a folder.

A sprint run of the Chokwe would be awesome. I think I remember Sal mentioning a mini version in the works some time ago.
I would love a Chokwe but I passed on the original because I would want it in some other blade steel than the S30V it originally came in. I think a Chokwe in S90V or S110V would be awesome. The Chokwe strangely reminds me a lot of the old JD Smith model.

I would like to see the Ocelot return, I always wanted one but couldn’t afford it at the time.

My personal favorite Jess Horn was the 2006 version with ZDP-189 blade steel. That's one I would like to see return but if they wanted to use a newer steel than ZDP-189 would also be fine by me.

That reminds me. I have one of those I was planning on selling. What are they worth these days?

Back