Spyders That Just MUST Return

5LOIaEhh.jpg

Tuff, Sylsz Bowie, Rock Lobster. All kind of outliers that really found popularity later in life.
Yeah I 100% agree with you. During that time slot I was under going a lot of knee surgery and missed out on 3 great models I wanted during that period.

That Rock Lobster looked to me like it would be a great kitchen blade as well as a decent outdoor type blade. The Rock Lobster is another one that I believe could have benefited greatly with a Spyderedge IMO.

o469QWL.jpg

It only just got cancelled but I feel like the Oppus could have used a little CQI love. The problem is it was overpriced for a S30v knife, but I've been carrying it for a few weeks now and it's by far my fav Spyderco.

o469QWL.jpg

It only just got cancelled but I feel like the Oppus could have used a little CQI love. The problem is it was overpriced for a S30v knife, but I've been carrying it for a few weeks now and it's by far my fav Spyderco.
That's a very interesting design. The handle very much reminds me of the handle on the old Spyderco RENEGADE model. The ergos are very similar. I could go for that model in a heartbeat with a M390, M-4 or 10V blade.

But as recent as it was disco'd with some changes it could make for a great Sprint Run.

That's a very interesting design. The handle very much reminds me of the handle on the old Spyderco RENEGADE model. The ergos are very similar. I could go for that model in a heartbeat with a M390, M-4 or 10V blade.

But as recent as it was disco'd with some changes it could make for a great Sprint Run.

Thanks man! I had to look up the Renegade model. You know what the Renegade reminds me of? The Native Chief!!! I can't un-see it now lol

(Sorry to who ever pic I borrowed)
Renegade.jpg
C244GP_Both1.png

Attachments

• Renegade.jpg
    Renegade.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 0
Thanks man! I had to look up the Renegade model. You know what the Renegade reminds me of? The Native Chief!!! I can't un-see it now lol
I like the design and contour of that newer model but if I could get a totally renewed and revamped RENEGADE model in one of the newer/better blade steels and a newer G-10 handle I would go for it all over again.
I EDCed a CE RENEGADE back around the 2003 time slot and it was a great EDC folder. It was one of the real old units that had that GIN-1 blade steel which by today's standards has a lot to be desired but I still love that design.

The little brother to that model i.e. the BLACKHAWK just has too short of a blade for my every day uses. But I wouldn't object to both of them coming back in newer materials.

Tuff, Sylsz Bowie, Rock Lobster. All kind of outliers that really found popularity later in life.

I pretty much feel the same way. For Christmas this year I gifted myself a Rock Lobster and a G-10 Lava. Both were LNIB. I owned both at different stages of my life and sold them off due to budget constraints.

Now I plan on keeping and using both models because they were designs that worked for me. I’m still impressed with both of them. Unique and useful. It’s nice to hold a knife that was designed and marketed over a decade ago and still have it impress me the way it did when I first purchased it.

I pretty much feel the same way. For Christmas this year I gifted myself a Rock Lobster and a G-10 Lava. Both were LNIB. I owned both at different stages of my life and sold them off due to budget constraints.

Now I plan on keeping and using both models because they were designs that worked for me. I’m still impressed with both of them. Unique and useful. It’s nice to hold a knife that was designed and marketed over a decade ago and still have it impress me the way it did when I first purchased it.
Yeah the Rock Lobster would make a very nice EDC blade. A reissue of that maybe would tickle a lot of people's fancy.

Blade HQ Rock Lobster in M4/Natural G10
DLT Rock Lobster in M390/Red G10
And more? Cutlery Shop Orange, Bento Box Blue? Salt Lobster in LC200N/Yellow G10?

Yeah the Rock Lobster would make a very nice EDC blade. A reissue of that maybe would tickle a lot of people's fancy.

Blade HQ Rock Lobster in M4/Natural G10
DLT Rock Lobster in M390/Red G10
And more? Cutlery Shop Orange, Bento Box Blue? Salt Lobster in LC200N/Yellow G10?
Sal just mentioned, in Spydie forums, that the Rock Lobster was to expensive to make. I'm taking that as it will not come back.

Sal just mentioned, in Spydie forums, that the Rock Lobster was to expensive to make. I'm taking that as it will not come back.
Expensive is OK. I think the real risk in re-issuing a knife is finding that the now blades have evolved past it.

That's what I saw on the Lum Tanto; a really nice knife but it's function is eclipsed by the current standard offerings.

SOUTHFORK IN K390 …………….
The Southfork in a newer Supersteel would make for a Rolls Royce of a hunting knife. I've always loved the design of the Southfork. I'm surprised in a way that the Southfork didn't become a permanent fixture in the main line up like the Delica, Endura, POLICE ect.

Having one in K390>> put me down for one too.

Back