Stockman roundup.. Lets see 'em...

14322300_10208915262072348_8531338861298599446_n.jpg

Another USA made Old Timer 8OT stockman. It took a good edge .

Here are some old goodies
Loving that Schrade 2nd from the bottom Jamie

Another USA made Old Timer 8OT stockman. It took a good edge .

One of the great classics~

Here's a size comparison photos for anyone considering different sizes of the stockman by Tony or Reese in the future.

3.5" Reese Bose Shadow Stockman vs 4" Full Dress Stockman.

Pretty incredible how Reese crams 3 blades into that 3.5" stockman which is as thick/maybe even thinner than many 2 blade customs I've had.
I figure if the 3.5" stockman had bolsters and jigged bone it'd be just as thick as the 4" since the blade stock and liners seem to be identical win with.
True craftsmen from Wilfred Works.

tumblr_odpvrzqZIH1rzq6m9o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_odpvrzqZIH1rzq6m9o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_odpvrzqZIH1rzq6m9o1_1280.jpg

Here's a size comparison photos for anyone considering different sizes of the stockman by Tony or Reese in the future.

Pretty incredible how Reese crams 3 blades into that 3.5" stockman which is as thick/maybe even thinner than many 2 blade customs I've had.
I figure if the 3.5" stockman had bolsters and jigged bone it'd be just as thick as the 4" since the blade stock and liners seem to be identical win with.

You have some really well made and beautiful stock knives, Tim. :thumbup::thumbup:

A small group of my Stockman knives (EDC rotation). I think I have a problem.

a9a0922a8b1161882f6e1c2ab1d7af02.jpg

You do. The rows don't have an equal amount of knives. Symmetry is important :)

That's a very nice variety of sizes and cover materials you got there, Wilted Kilt.

Here is a nice rosewood 3.8" stockman from J.A. Henckels of Germany. Very nice F&F on this one, with Inox blades.
I'm not sure how old this one is, got it from Vince on the exchange. Any info on the dating would be appreciated.

60df08c3-a7b3-43b5-8c55-b38e697d73ec_zpsqffm5lsd.jpg~original

tumblr_odpvrzqZIH1rzq6m9o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_odpvrzqZIH1rzq6m9o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_odpvrzqZIH1rzq6m9o1_1280.jpg

Nice pair of Customs.

A small group of my Stockman knives (EDC rotation). I think I have a problem.

Your small group is more than my total collection/users! I have 28 left after having to dispose of an outgassing Celluloid.

Schrade

Seven Case and a Camillus

Five Buck, an S&M, two Boker, a Rough Rider and a Remington China

Sorry Kilt, I missed that it was in quotations. You definitely need to add a couple!

This knife holds a special place in my heart. A gift from my mom, this knife has gone a lot of places with me. It's served well on the farm and in the field. It has cleaned deer for me, a half dozen squirrel, a handful of trout and a multitude of other knife chores.

It grew closer to me after a tragic incident. My mom's house (where I was living) caught fire in the wee hours of the morning. I was awoken mysteriously and by the time I opened my eyes i was running down the hallway which was ablaze. After alerting the rest of my family to the flames, I started getting our pets out. Once everyone was out of the house, my brother and I started getting our valuables out, anything we could grab, we did. In the middle of the mad dash I spied my beloved stockman sitting on the kitchen counter nestled next to my wallet. It had been dumped there after a shift of work. I slipped it into my pocket. At the time I wasn't sure if my only belongings were going to be a tired pair of blue jeans and that stag stockman. fast forward and that stockman and I are opening gifts around a Christmas tree. The house was lost along with a ton of possessions, but it all worked out in the end. It seems like it was a lifetime ago and holding this knife reminds me of the strength and support shared by all of our neighbors, friends and family.

That certainly is a very special knife. Thanks for sharing.

I totally forgot that these two are stockman.

I inherited these from my grandfather after he died & I have very specific memories from when i was little of him using them to sharpen pencils and peel oranges. I suspect he used them for everything and anything, but pencils and oranges are what stuck in my mind for some reason. :p

Back