Strider SMF vs Hinderer XM-24

XM 24 is so much more knife than the Strider...I've had/have both...and the SMF can't touch the XM in any comparison.

Which ever one fits your hand the best. I LOOOOOOVE the XM, but the curved grip gets on my nerves sometimes. Say what you will about Mick, but he makes a damn fine and comfortable knife(for me). I think the XM is also a better operating knife, and refined.

Err... I'm probably missing something here... Who's a liar and a criminal?

Why the evil Mick Strider of course. Oooohhhh beware his dark and shady past that haunts every thread with the word Strider in it.

Thank you forum heroes for never letting us forget the misdeeds of this treacherous individual.

Next mob hunt, pitchforks and torches my treat;)

Why the evil Mick Strider of course. Oooohhhh beware his dark and shady past that haunts every thread with the word Strider in it.

Thank you forum heroes for never letting us forget the misdeeds of this treacherous individual.

Next mob hunt, pitchforks and torches my treat;)

Care to explain? or link me to a thread?

I see. But does that change the build quality of said knife?

I would never support that company for ethical reasons but since you don't care about that, do a search on all the qc horror stories about strider knives, especially their lock failure.

I cannot comment on the quality of strider products, for ethical reasons I will not put my $$ in Burgers pocket.

The XM-24 feels very solid, excellent quality with regards to fit and finish but on the large size so not for everyone and maybe not the easiest to EDC.

XM-4-4_zps3267c7c5.jpg~original

Handle both and keep the one you like best. Or, keep both. These are both fantastic folders.
Judge the knife, not people.
rolf

I like my Striders, but I have never handled a Hinderer. Also, there is a large price difference, (unless you qualify for the Hinderer discount), and that may influence your decision.

Care to explain? or link me to a thread?

Long story, you will have to do your own digging in the archives if you so desire. Let's not rehash the same old crap from scratch though. If you can handle both knives, thwt would give you a better idea which fits your hand better.

Rolf +1

Thanks man.^
This spider will only own fine knives :D and Strider makes them.

Sorry to Lycosa for the ill-mannered post.

Last edited:
Well first you have to find an XM 24 to be able to handle one.... which is why I don't own one.

If you like the Hinder designs, I'd suggest one of the Zero Tolerance models, either the 560,561 or 550. I have knives from both Strider and ZT.
The ZT's at their price point are hard to beat and every bit as good as my Striders.

However, both the SMF or even the SnG are easier to carry as EDC's , both are thinner and offer a knife that feel big in a slim package. I find the handle size of the SnG to be perfect and IMO there's no real benefit of getting the larger SMF. The SnG is my favorite Strider and even though both models are expensive I have no problem recommending them.

The bottom line... buy the ZT 550 at around $150 and then get an SnG or SMF, it's the bladeforums way!

Last edited:
Back