Suddenly you wake and find...

I would immediately replace my Terävä Skrama, Opinel No. 10, SAK CyberTool (I would probably replace it with an Alox Pioneer, though), TRM Atlas and the Manly Wasp. Hmmm... Three of those are slip joints. Interesting.

I put together a shopping cart to get me by until I found the thief and gathered my belongings. 20190818_190601-2241x3984.jpg
The SAK and GEC get carried together mostly, so I counted them as 1.

I cant pick...im still stressed out from reading your original post this morning...going through the stages of grief still...and its all hypothetical. (Head shaking)
Time to make sure all my blades are still where they should be. Thanks a lot Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley . ;) lol.

These four. Although, I have a feeling my bus wouldn't be at stop four very long.
Gary, you made an entire community shutter today.

fbcq5IL.jpg

Very difficult. Most of my knives are discontinued, LE, custom, or customized.

I would immediately buy another purple WE Deacon and a Vic super tinker.

Busse Basic 9

Busse Anniversary Mean Street

Allan Blade MEUK

Al Mar Sere 2K

There are a lot more I like, but at this point those are the first four I’d replace. I could probably use those four forever and not need anything else.

I don’t think I’d ever get another MEUK though...

Buck 110, a (large) Stockman, a (2 blade) Barlow, and a Scout/Camp knife, for sure.
Closely followed by a Canoe, Moose, and (large) Sunfish, and a Mora #1.

IMG_6898.jpg Thats a tough one as i rotate daily for the most part. I would say only 4 would probably be:

Spyderco endura
SAK cadet alox
Spyderco Sage 5
Manly Patriot fixie

These would be my most practical choices for daily life. I only own a few fixed blades as im mainly a folder guy but the patriot is my favorite even though its not a Biggin.

What would be your top 3 or 4 that you know you would need to replace right away??
G2
Probably #1 is my Para2 M4. Life wouldn't be worth continuing without that. Good luck replacing it right ? Heck I didn't even have to reprofile it; I just barely touch it up every blue moon and use it.IMG_4683.JPG

Then one or another of the Case Trappers (spay blade removed naturally). I really dig the Genuine Stag (in use . . . I'm all about how it feels and how it cuts over looks)
IMG_4180.jpg
But lately I have been having a second honeymoon with the White Sparxx.
Something about how it looks I like a whole lot ! I wish the handle was as fat as the Stag but it swells a little and it sure isn't bad ! ! !
IMG_5887.jpg

Then it starts to get tough (labor intensive and unavailable)
My rehandled Brad Zinker Urban Trapper
Yes I'm a broken record / still love it.
IMG_4253.JPG

and the Cold Steel Full Flat Ground Ti Lite IV CTS-XHP.
IMG_3720.jpg

Finally my Little Monster White Paper Steel Japanese Kitchen Knife.
When I want to remember just how well a knife can cut !
IMG_3374.jpg

Only "three or four" . . .
you're joking right ? !

Last edited:
Mine would change every time you ask, and be at least 5, also my kitchen knives would be different list entirely:
at the moment it would
2 Shiros Hation Lite
Shirp%20Hatl_zpsimh0jckj.jpg

95T
95t%20open%20lt%20sm_zpsns9mvawo.jpg

Koenig Mini Goblin
mini%20goblin_zps5zktktkb.jpg

Benchmade bugout with mircata scales
Benchmade%20Bugout%20Mircata_zpsgyj7z4bz.jpg

Victorinox Cyber Tool
VictorinoxSwissArmyCyberToolMulti-Toolsm.jpg

At this point I'm just way too used to always having these four available, so they'd get replaced quick;) The CPKs (D2 HDFK & EDC1) go everywhere with me on my bag o' doom and the folders (Hiroaki Ohta whittler & Case/Bose Wilfred lockback) live in Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley sheaths on my belt everday:)

Screenshot_20190819-003738_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
I EDC (every day for real) the same 3 so that would be easy.

SAK Rambler (modded)
SAK Spartan (modded)
LM Charge AL (modded)

I did all the mods myself so it wouldn't be too difficult. As for the fourth, assuming I don't have to include kitchen cutlery, hmmm, difficult. I carry my GEC #18 Coyote as a suit knife but not sure if I would replace it like for like. It's beautiful but not essential if that makes sense. I'd have to get back to you guys on this one.

Now that i’ve had time to calm down...lol...
Most of my knives are modded, disco’d, or custom. Assuming i could replace those easily...my four/five would be...

1. Large CRK Sebenza 21 (modded)
2. Le Thiers Nature (embelished)
3. Andre Thorburn (custom)
4. Benchmade Mini Pika II
5. CRK Ti-Lock

Back