Suddenly you wake and find...

Which Four? Hell if I know? ;) I don't even like to think about loosing all of my knives in a single sweep. But at least the world as we know it is not coming to an end and you could replace a lot of your favorites eventually.

At the moment, the one that pops into my mind is the Vic Small Tinker as I have been carrying it a while now and really like it for normal day to day stuff. I need to buy a spare just in case I misplace or loose the one I have. That will happen on my next visit to the big knife store in Sevierville TN.

Unlike you Gary, my pile :poop: simply keeps growing. It would be really hard to decide quite frankly but I don't have the distraction of a Sebbie to nudge me in that direction and I have no intention of getting one. I have a LionSteel Best Man just like yours that I bought at the Blade Show in early June.

My four would be the ones I use frequently and nothing new:
- Fallkniven S1
- Kershaw Link (inexpensive folder for job site)
- Victorinox Camper
- Spyderco PM2 S35VN

Everything after those are for specific purpose or just because. If I could sneak in a fifth it would be a Morakniv Craftline S. Then I want to get ...

did they take the kitchen knives too?

Yah, if they were ones you counted on, you can count on them being gone too... ;)

and guys, I have to say you all have very good tastes in your main carry and I can understand that some things just can't be replaced or at least very difficult.

This exercise may also bring to light those knives that you really don't care if they did end up missing, that can be a revelation in itself, might as well part with those that you don't put much care into now and turn that into funds you can spend elsewhere.

G2

Man that's hard. You're one sick puppy for making me think about this. Off the bat I'd probably say...

1. Lionsteel M4
2. Paramilitary 2 S110v minus the blurple scales
3. Small Sebenza 21 insingo PJ
4. ZT 0450

Undoubtedly the rest of the collection wouldn't be far behind :D

View attachment 1181451 Thats a tough one as i rotate daily for the most part. I would say only 4 would probably be:

Spyderco endura
SAK cadet alox
Spyderco Sage 5
Manly Patriot fixie

These would be my most practical choices for daily life. I only own a few fixed blades as im mainly a folder guy but the patriot is my favorite even though its not a Biggin.
Great now I want the manly.

As an addendum to my earlier post, the first thing I would do is grab the shotgun and go thief hunting. My fam refers to me as the big friendly giant (I'm slightly under 6'4") but try and break in to my place, well let me introduce to some of my friends. Really piss me off, well my 1944 M1 carbine holds 30 rounds with a short and quick trigger.

This topic got me thinking. If had to do it all over again, with the same amount of money spent on the current accumulation, the results would be much different. I think I would miss my Manix 2 most.

lBw5MTW.jpg

Sprint run, CTS-XHP, sketchen desert ironwood scales.

I think I'd put that money into a highly custom Alan Davis folder, and maybe another Sprint run Manix.

I will always have at least one Vic super tinker. That's a given.

If I had to pick four...

Vic Super tinker
Spyderco Manix 2 sprint + custom scales
WE Deacon
Spyderco Aqua Salt

The cost and availability (of NIB) would make replacing most of the other folders.

Matt Bailey Model 2 geek edition-- discontinued
ZT 0095S90BLK was LE
Spyderco Manix 2 sprint CTS-XHP was a sprint from a long time ago
Spyderco Gayle Bradley 1 is discontinued
I'm not sure what is going on at Three Sisters Forge, but no one seems to carry the beast anymore, so I'd be SOL. At least with the Bailey, I could get the model 4.

I have a Becker BK5, sharpened by Jerry Fisk, and I know that would be very difficult to replace.

Don't care about replacing the Brous Bionic. Don't really care about replacing the Spyderco Domino. Maybe replace the Southern Grind Spider Monkey.

Probably replace the Yo2, but with a sprint.

Last edited:
Yah, if they were ones you counted on, you can count on them being gone too... ;)

and guys, I have to say you all have very good tastes in your main carry and I can understand that some things just can't be replaced or at least very difficult.

This exercise may also bring to light those knives that you really don't care if they did end up missing, that can be a revelation in itself, might as well part with those that you don't put much care into now and turn that into funds you can spend elsewhere.

G2
If they've taken the kitchen knives too then that's my fourth that I was missing. A Victorinox paring knife.

Buck 112 Ranger
Buck 105 Pathfinder
Case mini trapper (would have to spend some time deciding on which covers)
Vic SAK (would have to spend some time pondering which model)

This was actually a little less difficult than I thought....(not in any particular order)
Spyderco Native S35VN G10
GEC Northfield #77 Desert Ironwood
GEC #76 Copperhead Jig Bone
Victorinox Alox Pioneer
IMG_2121.jpg

Peter

The FOUR folders I would replace if all of my knives turned up missing now.
  1. Victorinox Small Tinker
  2. Benchmade Mini Presidio II
  3. Case two bladed Barlow (because that was my first good knife as a pre-teen), but I usually don't carry a Barlow anymore
  4. GEC two bladed #14 Boys Knife, preferably with a clip blade
This is my current list ^^^^ after some thought and one's I currently really like.

I like the Spydie G10 Native 5, Steelwill Mini Cutjack (M390), GEC #42 Missouri Trapper, GEC #48 Improved Trapper, and Spydie Delica. I would be hard pressed to not want to replace these if they disappeared. My tastes are pretty modest price wise.

With fixed blades, I really don't know at this point as I went for 35 years without owning a fixed blade other than in the kitchen. I honestly seldom use them even though I really like them. I would probably replace a couple. Certainly I would want to replace my Dan Eastland Kephart, but the cost might make that urge prohibitive at this point. The little 3" Condor Mayflower would currently be high on my replacement list as well. Probably end up with one machete (18" Condor El Salvador). The fixed blade that gets the most routine use is a Condor Bushlore that I use and abuse digging out weeds in my yard. The Bushlore is also my work knife to abuse as needed.

Last edited:
In no particular order ...

1) Spyderco Delica 4 FFG. Ideally I'd like to replace my S30V version which is hard to come by. I could certainly live with a VG10 version too.

2) Cold Steel Ultimate Hunter. It really is a great knife for $112 or so.

3) ZT 350. I'm totally content with the 350. You folks can keep the newer fancy ZTs. (Damn I want a MUDD tho...)

4) Bark River Bravo 1.25 A2. Figure I gotta thrown in a fixed blade. Bought a few years ago. I'm a MI boy born and raised and I wanted to support a MI company. I know BR and Mike S have some doubters/haters but I really do like my 1.25 .

Honorable mention!
5) Ontario Rat 1 in D2. Preferably the KW exclusive orange scaled version. It really is a great bang for the buck knife.

ok, so no kitchen knives
then breakfast is just eggs - and out we go.
assuming i got the funds to replace what I got, and only replacements - no knives I didnt have before the incident
1 - victorinox paring knife
2 - spyderco domino - i've been EDC this guy for a about a year or so now and really enjoy it
3 - buck paklite skinner
4 - my custom chef knife

4B64A30C-D7CE-408B-9603-EEB505903AC9.jpeg The Custom MADD MAXX in S-90-V will do kitchen work. The William Henry is a good all purpose knife with a ZDP-189 San Mai blade. The CEM Maniago lobster with flush cutting curved jaw cuticle nipper is my most used knife (I removed 4 of the 5 blades). The Ti Spydy/MiniChamp covers a lot of ground.

1. Buck 110 (Alaskan guide or other s30v variant)
2. Spyderco Pacific Salt (Currently have plain edge, but would probably switch it up and get serrated)
3. XM-18 of some sort
4. Leatherman Super tool 300

Out of the 12 folders in my collection there are three knives that I have two versions of. These three are not the most fancy knives I own but are my most used folders, so those would be the ones I'd replace:

Opinel #8 (stainless, oak handle)
Buck 112 (drop point in 5160)
Böker Ansø design Haddock (with custom scales)

The forth would be a fixed blade I guess, and I would probably pick a LionSteel M4. This is assuming that my axes are still around though, otherwise Gränsfors would get some more business from me.

Nice idea for a thread and fun reading through everybody's replies!

Back