Super Bowie, A True Workhorse!!

Oh its o.k. He's new and excited. Thats the fun of learning. Check out all the sub forums mclc12 and you'll love it.
TC

Great post and great pictures. Maybe there is a future for this. Thanks for the support.

Great post and great pictures. Maybe there is a future for this. Thanks for the support.

Thanks Chris! Have always loved SOG. I use my Super Bowie, Pup Elite, & Powerlock daily! And have always had excellent service from not only ya'lls blades but service!
By the way, this is what the Super Bowie has to do this Spring!!
Gator12.jpg

GOD Bless!;)

Your pictures are killing me! I check these out twice a day. I can't bring myself to abuse my S1C bowie so I guess I am going to have to pick up a super!!!
TC

Your pictures are killing me! I check these out twice a day. I can't bring myself to abuse my S1C bowie so I guess I am going to have to pick up a super!!!
TC

Do it:thumbup: It's a whole different beast than the normal sized ones:cool:

TC

I agree with Walterdavis, get you one! Of course I don't consider myself "abusing" my knife, just "using"!:)
The thing about the Super Bowie, is that till you actually see & hold it, you don't realize the size & heft of this knife! It's 7 1/2" blade is just "Bigger" than other 7 1/2" blades that I own or have owned! That is why I am trying to post these pics! Not being critical, but in mags & web sites, you can't tell the diff. in the size, looks just like the regular Bowie. Now I don't have any problem with the reg bowie but for the guys out there, that want that little extra chopping lenght & weight, & love SOG Bowies I think this blade has been "Greatly Ignored", & almost looked at as some "BIG Bowie" collectible to just hang on a wall!
I plan to destroy that "Mindset"!:cool:

Well I hope you guys are happy. I have a Super and an Agency on the way. I love the leather handles. I didn't mean to say you were abusing your blades ...it must have been envy talking :). Now I can start to abuse....I mean use mine!!!!!!
TC

Well I hope you guys are happy. I have a Super and an Agency on the way. I love the leather handles. I didn't mean to say you were abusing your blades ...it must have been envy talking :). Now I can start to abuse....I mean use mine!!!!!!
TC

Awesome bro! Can't wait to see pics! I am jealous now bro! I love the Agency, will have to get one next!! What a pair!!! If I get "dirt" time this weekend I will post more pics friend. GOD Bless! P.s. Did you get the Tini blade on the Agency?

Yeah I got the Tini blade...thats your fault too. Your pics made the blade of the super look so good black I figured why not?????
Can"t wait to put them through the paces.
TC

Yeah I got the Tini blade...thats your fault too. Your pics made the blade of the super look so good black I figured why not?????
Can"t wait to put them through the paces.
TC

Love that Tini! It looks blued, but better! Yep, I can't wait to see the pics! GOD Bless!!

Thanks for the pics Carney. I had fun with one of these earlier this year. Had to upgrade to a more dedicated chopper though. Gators weren't on the list. Yikes!

Really like how you pimped it out all black with a new sheath and fob too.

Thanks for the pics Carney. I had fun with one of these earlier this year. Had to upgrade to a more dedicated chopper though. Gators weren't on the list. Yikes!

Really like how you pimped it out all black with a new sheath and fob too.

Thanks my Brother!

Got the Super and the Agency just before the snow hit. New Graham is quick on the draw!!! I want to do a picture review later but for now just some observations on the two. They are nothing alike.
The Super is a monster. The handle almost seems too big compared to the S1 size-wise, however, it feels great in the hand. So many knives don't fill your grip but this big boy does. Its heavy but also well balanced...can't wait to chop something with it.
The agency is a whole other animal. It is thin...not bad thin just thin. I would broadly estimate somewhere between 1/8 and 3/16. Compared to my S1C it is a filet knife, however, I like thinner knives sometimes. We have carried this sharpened prybar pretty far so its nice to see a thin long FAST blade. It certainly seems like it would make a great weapon so I understand the CIA reference. More later.
TC

One thing I had to do with my Super was open up the first and last finger grooves to go to the ends of the leather spacers. I've got some wide hands, and found the spacing a little too narrow-it seems strange to me to have the handle that BIG and the grooves so tightly spaced (designer must have hands like ET:D).

I really want to hear your impressions of the Agency, Tom! Especially compared to the originals or the Tech bowie.

Back