Super Bowie, A True Workhorse!!

Walt... my "phone home" hands fit well. It's about time...gloves are a pain in the rump. Anyway just attached the Super to my baldric ( sharpshooter) and it is amazing. The weight just disappears.
Walt ,,, I dont have a Tech bowie but I have a S1C and a Taiwan Trident. The agency is another breed. The handle tapers toward the guard ...my ET hands like it but if you are like my father (electrical lineman hands) you find it a little thin. It has a great feel and excellent fit and finish. I would say the laquer or leather seal is brighter on the ageny than on my S1C or the Super Bowie.

The blade is thin like a chef's knife....thats why they added that top swedge type thing. Without it the blade wouldn't be "high" enough and would lose strength. Somebody knew what they were doing. It came very sharp. Between the sharpness and the thinness of the blade it is a light saber. I cut up several cardboard boxes with it and it sliced through them without having to change angles. (You know... to keep the blade from binding)
The sheath is a little lacking. Just like the Super Bowie and the S1C this is the one area I would like to SOG improve. Don't get me wrong I love leather its just the sheath is not as high as quality as the knives themselves. The main problem is even after the break-in one still has to be careful not to cut the sheath extracting or putting the knife back.
Overall I love the agency and would recommend it as an alternative to the Sog Bowie. One that is a better slicer and longer.
TC

If no one else appreciates these pics but me & clerytja, I had to post them. There was something about the way the red in the lighter knot stump made the Tini finish stand out beautifully! And Bro, I want the Agency too!
lighter1.jpg

lighter3.jpg

Nice shots, Carney. You have a good eye for photography, and that's coming from a graphic artist.

Great pics! I've been following this thread...................and your pics from the beginning. Excellent write up, its good to see others putting these knives to work as they were intended. I've been doing the same with a SOG Agency, although the cold weather and work has slowed me down a lot. I'll post a few of my Agency pics, you'll want to add one to the "Tool Box".

004-15.jpg

001-24.jpg

002-22.jpg

003-19.jpg

I hope to have some pics on this weekend of the Super Bowie, biting some wood! Thanks for all of the response brothers!

I have lost interest in the SOG line, but have to say that I would give serious consideration to this one - very nice looking knife and a great review as well.

Hi Carney C -

Excellent pics and review!

I really like that blade!

Darn this forum is an expensive place for the weak lol.... :thumbup:

best regards -

mqqn

SUPER BOWIE!!
Here we go friends! Took some pics in the woods yesterday. "knotty" wood doesn't even slow her down!! More coming, GOD Bless! (thanks for all the comments)

sog107.jpg

sog110.jpg

What do you think of the factory sheath? I saw you have a replacement.

With all due respect to SOG, & Chris, "Worthless!"
Cheap leather, to small for blade, & you don't even get the chance to be concerned about the stitching coming loose because the blade cuts the leather so bad when sheathing & un-sheathing! So many people have compromised on there quality, which really hurts there business.
Solution, contact Beo-wulf, at www.handsewnleather.com. Super thick durable vegetable tanned hand stitched sheaths, unbelievable in quality & price. Tell him Carney C sent you! GOD Bless

I've been eyeing a SOG Super Bowie for awhile now and your and pics are pushing closer and closer to getting one the next time I have some spare cash.

I've been eyeing a SOG Super Bowie for awhile now and your and pics are pushing closer and closer to getting one the next time I have some spare cash.

Same here, great thread and photos. I have cash burning a hole in my pocket. I dont know why I want one, or if I even need one, but Im really torn between what SOG fixed to get (I have a 50% coupon basically to order from SOG). Its between Agency, Super Bowie or Creed. Since I dont really have a need right now, its hard to say what would be the best one.

Can't go wrong with the Super Bowie, Sharp & Oly!
Would love the creed also, & the Agency, but the Agency would be a little to thin a Blade for me! GOD Bless!

Back