Super Bowie, A True Workhorse!!

Soggy1.jpg

EZLAPSOG.jpg

FIERYSOG.jpg

You ROCK, Carney C! Great photos! The trees in the forest must shake when they see you a-coming with that Bowie!

Great pictures and review of the SOG Super Bowie!

Last edited:
Carney C those are some great pictures and amazing review. Glad you're happy with the Super Bowie. Also that is a fantastic sheath. :thumbup:

I took my Super Bowie out the other day to chop some small limbs from a tree. Stropped the edge on my homemade strop and quickly brought the edge back to razor sharp.

The Super Bowie very quick work of the limbs and tree trunk. A great knife !!

Cheers,

Carl

Does the Super Bowie have a flat ground edge?
One of my Tech's has a flat ground edge and the other with the black TiNi has a hollow ground edge. I'd like to get one of the Super Bowie and I'd think that a flat ground edge would hold up better....I could always have it redone to a convex edge if needed.
Thanks.

No,it's a hollow ground edge.

These are some amazing pictures Carney. You really have an eye for photography! I am now deeply considering in getting one myself! :) (I just picked up a seal pup elite too, oh god.. when will it end!?)

Keep up the pictures. I really enjoy them.

These are some amazing pictures Carney. You really have an eye for photography! I am now deeply considering in getting one myself! :) (I just picked up a seal pup elite too, oh god.. when will it end!?)

Keep up the pictures. I really enjoy them.

Thanks Bro! I will!

Great pictures and review of the SOG Super Bowie!

I have two of the Tech Bowie's, one with the satin finish (1st production run) and the other with the black TiNi, the fit and finish on both are incredible for their price range. I loved to grab one of the Super Bowie's but I've always held off as I was concerned that the AUS 8 wouldn't hold up well if used heavily for chopping and other camp chores. Maybe I'm wrong to be concerned from the looks of your pictures. How long have you been using the Super Bowie to chop with and how is the leather handle holding up?

Thanks for all the info and once again great job on the pictures and review!
Take care.

thanks Bro, and don't worry about the AUS-8, it is seriously tough, holds an edge very well, & after all day chopping, stropps right back to "razor sharpness"!
The leather handle is holding up very well! First day I had the blade i jumped in a large water hole in the woods. I chopped all day with it, & it was wet most of the day. The next day, the epoxy was gone, & it had a very worn, good feel to it. I know that water & leather don't mix well, so I recntly Re-coated it with a very strong waterproof epoxy(picture with the two knives crossed up, & the BIBLE, above this post)
I love this blade, & it is the best 7" chopper I have ever used! Chops like a much larger blade!

Just got one of these today thanks to this post :). One ? though. What sorta epoxy do you use

What sort of epoxy did you use? I've been looking at that knife also. Btw--I called SOG about the Super Bowie, the rep told me the tang should be as thick as the spine, & it should take up as much room as it could without comprising the structure of the handle. I've been thinking about getting one, but good-grief they are
expensive! Your hunting buddy must think alot of you to spend so much money on you!

Thanks,

Bored-2-deth

Last edited:
SOG Super Bowie on its way to me this week! Thanks for all the great pics. Looking forward to having some serious fun with this knife. Looks like my Tech Bowie and Creed have a new brother, lol.

Subterfuge 7 (SOG DOG #7)

:) Check it out when you get it n' let your fellow SOG's DOGs know what you like about it!
Plus, can you look where the blade n' guard meet to see if you can get a look at the tang?
I'd like to think about getting one myself.

B2D..

Darkwhispers..

SOG DOG 1

Back