Super polished edges

Finished this up earlier today, a 940 that had several large chips on the belly and tip and a pretty good recurve towards the heel. Finished on 6k tape and then stropped on the edge pro with cowhide strop loaded with 1M poly diamond spray. Was able to remove chips and really reduce the size of the low spot.

iAXcaH2.jpg

One of these days I need to just sit down and see what I can do without buying and further "stuff". I get a good shiny edge and quit.but not anywhere near to that degree.

I have a Hapstone M2 and a set of 120-2500 SIC stones, plus leather strops and a couple of white and green hard as a freeking brick cheap ebay rubbing compound sticks,lol The system is more than capable of producing the edges, I just haven't taken the time to go for the mirror finish. And yes, i'm giving myself a hard time for buying the green /red compounds ,but they came with a piece of leather I bought to make a strop, B4 I bought the m2 and gritomatic stones. I also ,at the same time got two good edge pro leather strops and a kangaroo strop too.
I will at some time, get a few diamond stones (matrix) and tapes , but that will have to wait a bit. I am slowly but surely trying to undo some of the work I did with a years worth of "Lansky edges". lol

I have a Hapstone M2 and a set of 120-2500 SIC stones, plus leather strops and a couple of white and green hard as a freeking brick cheap ebay rubbing compound sticks,lol The system is more than capable of producing the edges, I just haven't taken the time to go for the mirror finish. And yes, i'm giving myself a hard time for buying the green /red compounds ,but they came with a piece of leather I bought to make a strop, B4 I bought the m2 and gritomatic stones. I also ,at the same time got two good edge pro leather strops and a kangaroo strop too.
I will at some time, get a few diamond stones (matrix) and tapes , but that will have to wait a bit. I am slowly but surely trying to undo some of the work I did with a years worth of "Lansky edges". lol

Well up to 2500 sic stones should be good enough. Use some good quality 2K 3K wet/dry sic sand paper on a blank or better yet some 3m psa films + a couple strops loaded with diamond abrasive and that should yield pretty good results IMO.

Yeah, like I stated, I really haven’t committed the additional time to take it that far. I would like to get a couple of blanks and some tapes for it. Could be a lot of fun to see how it turns out.

Back