Super polished edges

Pretty cool chance to work on an old school Terzula-designed Spyderco. Came out pretty. And screaming sharp!

tHUZghR.jpg

Last edited:
Hs1mTMN.jpg

Trying my hand at this. I wouldnt say its as polished as some of the amazing work on here, but its the best I can do with the stones I have at the moment. Done on a sharpmaker with UF stones. PM2 20CV. I intend on expanding my kit to a guided system with better stones and some strops in the future.

Very nice work! Keep it up! Welcome to the sickness. :D

Very nice work! Keep it up! Welcome to the sickness. :D

Thank you. The blade was closer to 20dps from the factory, so I stuck to that to play with. I originally sharpened past the factory edge on a Lansky turnbox and could whittle hair with it. When I went to the UF at 20dps on the sharpmaker and took it down to the apex, I lost the hair whittling sharpness, so I took it back to the turnbox at 25dps for a hair whittling microbevel. When my diamond stones come in for the SM, Im going to reprofile to 15dps mirror polish with a 20dps microbevel on just the fine stones to give the edge more bite and see how that works for me. Hopefully itll be the best of both worlds like I envision in my head.

I'm not a polisher myself, just an aspiring freehander, but really dig those mirror edges
and the work that goes into getting them like that. :thumbsup:

Its a work in progress. Stopped halfway through 1500 to cook burgers and eat dinner. Gonna take it up to 3k grit automotive paper and possibly paste if its not shining enough. This is an axe from a plate of stainless off of a firetruck. Coworkers dad is a fireman and the plate came off of one of their old trucks. He is making this for his dad.

zhVZirS.jpg

Back